Hypothyroidism and Low T

Desh

Awards
Recently a blood panel showed that I have elevated levels of sensitive TSH 5.9 mIU/L (reference .35 - 5.00) and T levels of 11.8nmol/L (ref 9-28nmol/L).

I was prescribed synthroid and as well as T Cypionate and was told that testosterone injections might also correct my thyroid issue. My question is can it be also be the other way around such as that treating my thyroid issue might fix and increase my T levels. I really want to hold off on the testosterone injections until I know for sure.

Ps - was told that TSH ranges are incorrect and that top of the range should be around 3 and not 5 mIU/L.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Please address the things in proper order. Adrenals thyroid sex hormones if you are <35. Over 40 suggest go for HRT off the bat

Desh

Awards
Well I'm on synthroid for a couple weeks and don't feel any different. Starting first T injection this week, how soon can I feel the effects as far as mood and energy is concerned? I understand if there are any physical effects ie more muscle it will take a long time which if fine, those aren't my primary concern. I just don't want to feel depressed, moody, grouchy and tired all the time.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I'm on synthroid for a couple weeks and don't feel any different. Starting first T injection this week, how soon can I feel the effects as far as mood and energy is concerned? I understand if there are any physical effects ie more muscle it will take a long time which if fine, those aren't my primary concern. I just don't want to feel depressed, moody, grouchy and tired all the time.
Ok. First of all I have low thyroid and low t as well.

It can take a few MONTHS to get your thyroid in the correct ranges. If your Dr isn't a total quack he or she will SLOWLY ramp up the Synthroid dose. It's taken about nine months to get mine dialed in. My wife had a thyroidectomy and its taken about a year for her levels to finally get stable. You will slowly start to feel better as time goes on but it's gradual.

Trt injections depending on the type of testosterone/dosing protocol will take about four weeks to make a noticeable difference.

Hormones are very tricky and taking your time to SLOWLY get things in check is the best route. Be patient things WILL get better I promise.

Desh

Awards
Thanks for the replies, do you use HCG with testosterone, if so how many IUs per week? I am thinking of using 250 IUs twice a week Monday and Friday.

Desh

Awards
Sorry for bumping an old thread. I have been doing 250IU hcg 2x/week and 200gm Delatestryl for the last 3 months or so and I have a few questions. My last lab result came back at whopoing 94nmol and my doctor freaked out and waiting on the results on another test that I did 2 days ago. He said its probably a fluke but to withhold any more injections until I get the new results. I am also going to be doing weekly injections from now based on the latest blood test result. My question is that so far I feel like I'm gaining a little more fat than I used to before taking the T. Is this because of high estradiol maybe or could be because my appetite has increased? I though trt would make me leaner. Btw I'm not someone who is overweight, if anything I very underweight and still putting on fat. I don't know what's wrong as I'm not getting leaner from the T. I have to admit my diet is not great but I was not like this even before I started treatment.

On the positive side, my mood and attitude has improved significantly so far.

Desh

Awards