How Much Should Total Test Decline in 1 - 1.5 Years

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm turning 37 in a month and just a bit concerned, but not fretting.

March 2012, total test taken at 8am was 511. My Free Test was higher and looking good, and I know that and other factors are important.

October 2013, total test taken at 2pm was 400. This concerns me, but only slightly.

I am just curious if that significant of drop is normal or way too much for 1.5 years??

Experienced some stress in the last 1.5 years. Anxiety has gotten me somewhat good. Also, I've been masturbating a ridiculous amount in the last year. That has stopped as of two weeks ago!

Thoughts? Experiences?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, you have a huge variable in there and that is the test time from 8am the first time and 2pm the second. The fact that you mention stress, anxiety, and a lot of masturbating along with the time of test difference, there is nothing to worry about from that end. You want to take a testosterone test first thing in the morning for any accuracy.

Try to remove stress and get better sleep, but we all know that is next to impossible for many of us. Those two things are huge test killers. Funny to think that when I was running 199-230 levels of test, i would have been ecstatic to see 400-500 levels and now I demand averages of 700-800! LOL. You tend to get a little greedy on TRT.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
So sex and/or jerking lowers test?
I had always wondered if frequent/chronic masturbating lowers test like 4-10 times a day....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have always been under the belief that it does and I am sure I have read Matrix point to studies done on how much frequent masturbation affects test levels as well as other hormones.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Always measure test around mid morning and at the same times, if you're natural or on the gel. It doesn't really matter on injections.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
I had always wondered if frequent/chronic masturbating lowers test like 4-10 times a day....
Wow. Busy day at work? lol that's like a couple hours of sitting around with your junk in your hands. Glad you aren't on my payroll. Guess you don't dead lift. The callouses wouldn't allow for all that stroking
EDIT...NOT NECESSARILY DIRECTED AT YOU McCrew!!

But back on topic, you must certainly feel lethargic after that. I imagine whacking it 10 times in a day vs something like 2x/wk would have some diminishing effects on hormones. But no source for that.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As some have said, this is going to depend on a lot of variables and more on an individual basis. Maybe even some culture and some races can show higher resting test levels than others.

As far as too much sex. It seems to fall under again, balance. Extremes in anything, are never healthy in the long run and foul with balance.
Some say too much self indulgence can drain the adrenals!? Again maybe some can tolerate more than others!?
I think there was a study that came out a few years back, touting sex as a stress reliever. Sure, why not. I think the study put it at 2 1/2x per week on average to be optimal and help prolong life. That might also reflect a loving partner and emotions too.

For myself (and I am 55) I know stress (as in too much, be it physical or mental) gets me out of the mood, and if times are good and I am feeling good about myself, then it seems to radiate into my overall body chemicals obviously and as another mentioned, good restful sleep.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As far as too much sex. It seems to fall under again, balance. Extremes in anything, are never healthy in the long run and foul with balance.
Some say too much self indulgence can drain the adrenals!? Again maybe some can tolerate more than others!?
I think there was a study that came out a few years back, touting sex as a stress reliever. Sure, why not. I think the study put it at 2 1/2x per week on average to be optimal and help prolong life. That might also reflect a loving partner and emotions too.
This is the main difference I am almost certain of. There is a difference between sex and masturbation. They are both releases, but sex involves another partner and generally a level of connection and feelings, which also come into play with hormones. I can't imagine you'd ever find a study that says masturbating 10 times a week (example) is as healthy as having actual sex that many times.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Wow. Busy day at work? lol that's like a couple hours of sitting around with your junk in your hands. Glad you aren't on my payroll. Guess you don't dead lift. The callouses wouldn't allow for all that stroking
EDIT...NOT NECESSARILY DIRECTED AT YOU McCrew!!

But back on topic, you must certainly feel lethargic after that. I imagine whacking it 10 times in a day vs something like 2x/wk would have some diminishing effects on hormones. But no source for that.
LOL! I would say that the callouses would give some nice traction. I do for one do not beat it that much, I mean when I found out about it when I was 12 I probably had my days but I was simply wondering about the elevated prolactin levels from frequent orgasms and their adverse reactions on test levels and muscle production. I enjoyed that article though many sources and studies given.

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for all of the replies, guys. I am actually natural. Not on TRT or any OTC test boosters. In fact, I talked to my friend who's on TRT and has been for a while (he's a pro bodybuilder) and he said that even OTC test boosters WILL have an impact on your overall natural production. I took OTC's for about 7 years of and on!

...So, lesson learned. He said anytime you mess with your natural production via OTC's or prohormones or injections, your natural production is going to be effected.

I was just curious HOW my levels could drop that much in one year and I've been on NOTHING. Thanks again for your comments and insight.