Injectable B12

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Will I have noticeable effects from injecting vitamin B12 versus taking it Orally? What dosage should I take per day or week? Is it okay to take IM?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I prefer injectable B12 over pills..just seems like I notice more energy etc. As far as dosage, there are no hard and fast rules as B12 is completely safe at any dose. If injecting, 1-2cc a week should be more than enough, but again there are a variety of opinions on dosing. IM is fine as is sub Q.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I prefer injectable B12 over pills..just seems like I notice more energy etc. As far as dosage, there are no hard and fast rules as B12 is completely safe at any dose. If injecting, 1-2cc a week should be more than enough, but again there are a variety of opinions on dosing. IM is fine as is sub Q.
I notice a big difference when I take P5P (vitamin b6), it wakes me up but also causes a bit of anxiety. Does injectable vitamin b12 feel any different than b6? Oral b12 never had an effect on me.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't Injectable B12 used for weight loss as well? I wanted to try it out a few months ago.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Isn't Injectable B12 used for weight loss as well? I wanted to try it out a few months ago.
I do not know of any concrete evidence to this effect. But it may or it may just boost your energy while in a caloric deficit, which would allow you to continue exercise.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not know of any concrete evidence to this effect. But it may or it may just boost your energy while in a caloric deficit, which would allow you to continue exercise.
My coworker's wife works at a B12 weight loss clinic and he told me that it works, but I checked it out on YouTube and those people look sick. It's pretty pricey as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think B-12 shots are a crock of ****. They are expensive and almost everything I have read about it states that it is ineffective.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
My coworker's wife works at a B12 weight loss clinic and he told me that it works, but I checked it out on YouTube and those people look sick. It's pretty pricey as well.
Its cheap at many online sources. The studies are just not conclusive and well not to say your coworker's wife is being dishonest but they stand to gain financially off the premise of it working.

But I try to always be a 100% honest and this one I cant fully discredit..

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I would never pay anyone for a B12 shot...it's super cheap to do it on your own via online vet supplies...

As with any vitamin, you are either deficient and need it or you aren't and don't. I get relief from seasonal allergies with B12 shot as well as improved energy levels and sleep. Is it a miracle? No, but it helps. I've never noticed any weight loss when using b12.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just got a vial in the mail, I'll let you guys know how it goes. Should I keep it refrigerated?

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's suppose to be refrigerated.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Injected 1cc of b12. About 15 minutes later I was watching tv and I suddenly got a weird fading vision/panic feeling. Lasted a couple minutes and freaked me out a little bit. Everything's cool now though haha So should I notice a difference in a couple days? I'm thinking 1cc every other day for a week, then 1cc per month depending on how it makes me feel. How are you supposed to aspirate since the liquid is red? Or does it really matter much?

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Sublingual methylcobalamin is just as effective if not more so than injectable b12.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sublingual methylcobalamin can be effective and can get the job done, but to say its more effective than injectable B12 is just not the case.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
And injectible methylcobalamin, if you can find it, is pretty much the bee's knees.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
1st 24 hours after 1cc b12 injection: increased energy and appetite, increased anxiety big time for the first 6 hours. Also noticed sort of a break out of a few red bumps on my neck. That's it so far.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
1st 24 hours after 1cc b12 injection: increased energy and appetite, increased anxiety big time for the first 6 hours. Also noticed sort of a break out of a few red bumps on my neck. That's it so far.
It sends my anxiety through the roof.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
It works for weight lose, I knew a contractor who went to a clinic and lost 60lbs by going weekly and getting shots! It was crazy. He lost it in 3 months. Supposedly B12 pokes holes in fat cells and they drain, allowing to be utilized as fuel immediately. I'm no expert, or dr. Just seen it work!

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Any idea why? I've noticed it on P5P, but b12 injection holy sh-t!
I'm not sure if it's an issue of over-methylation or what but I get a weird sense of calm followed by anxiety that brings me close to a panic attack. When I have a negative response to something, I always take that as my sign that my body doesn't need it.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure if it's an issue of over-methylation or what but I get a weird sense of calm followed by anxiety that brings me close to a panic attack. When I have a negative response to something, I always take that as my sign that my body doesn't need it.
That's crazy! I would definitely stop!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Injected another cc of b12 yesterday morning with no problems. Felt great, had great energy. Mood feels more positive as well. I injected it into my shoulder this time. Last time I did a quad inject. Seems like when I inject test through my quads, it hits me faster and harder (not in a good way). I'll stick to glutes and shoulders from now on.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've definitely had boosts in energy and mood but never anxiety, at least that I've ever been able to piece together.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I have never read any research that suggest B12, in an of itself, aids in fat loss. Sounds like the same sort of BS that surrounds the HCG diet.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have never read any research that suggest B12, in an of itself, aids in fat loss. Sounds like the same sort of BS that surrounds the HCG diet.
Agreed. It could help to combat inflammation, however this in and of itself is not likely to cause dramatic wieghtloss that these sites are suggesting.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I like it, and I haven't had any more anxiety at all. I don't get that edgy weird feeling like I do from P5P, it just keeps my energy levels smooth and constant. I might try a little more and see how that goes, maybe a couple times a week. I read that it doesn't really matter if you aspirate or not with b12 injections, is that true?

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I like it, and I haven't had any more anxiety at all. I don't get that edgy weird feeling like I do from P5P, it just keeps my energy levels smooth and constant. I might try a little more and see how that goes, maybe a couple times a week. I read that it doesn't really matter if you aspirate or not with b12 injections, is that true?
Do you notice an increase in appetite?

Aspiration with an IM injection, and the reason to do it or not, would not make any difference based on the medication being injected.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Do you notice an increase in appetite?
A little, not in a huge way. But I'm not injecting it very often either. I'm going to play around with dosage and see if I notice anything else.

EDIT: let me take that back, I decided to see how much I could eat before feeling full today, and holy **** I ate like a horse. So yes, b12 has for sure increased my appetite.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aspiration with an IM injection, and the reason to do it or not, would not make any difference based on the medication being injected.
Why wouldn't matter? Some med's won't cause issues if you hit vain while others will.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Why wouldn't matter? Some med's won't cause issues if you hit vain while others will.
You are correct. I should have went into more detail with my answer. B12 will likely not cause a problem for most while for others it may. To be safe I would always administer a proper IM or SubQ injection.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: let me take that back, I decided to see how much I could eat before feeling full today, and holy **** I ate like a horse. So yes, b12 has for sure increased my appetite.
I have read that some guys use B12 for the appetite increase but I assumed that might be an individual thing.

I have also seen some evidence that B12 will increase red blood cell count so if you are someone who typically has higher hematocrit when donating blood you might want to make sure to donate regularly.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I get IV infusions of nutrients , vitamin C, and glutathione. I do not even waste my money on supplements any more...Results are so much better ..Should have been doing this long time ago..

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I get IV infusions of nutrients , vitamin C, and glutathione. I do not even waste my money on supplements any more...Results are so much better ..Should have been doing this long time ago..
Do you want a cookie?? The rest of us normal people will buy our crap at the store.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Please site the medical references...
Look it up yourself, it's all over the internet. Sublingual methylcobalamin in the proper dose is just as effective for B12 deficiency as an injection of Cynacobalamin.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Look it up yourself, it's all over the internet. Sublingual methylcobalamin in the proper dose is just as effective for B12 deficiency as an injection of Cynacobalamin.
It depends on the person bio individual chemistry. I have many doctor patients who take sublingual methyl b-12 end up putting their body in a state of cellular/mitochondrion b-12 deficiency because they are unable to convert methyl b-12 to Adeno b-12 due to imbalance in genetic pathway. Methylmalonic acid is not the best marker for functional b-12 deficiency as once thought.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Do you want a cookie?? The rest of us normal people will buy our crap at the store.
I want a big fat azz gluten, soy, and dairy free one !! Probably in 5-10 years do not come back singing the blues when you have major health issue because of buying bio-unavailable supplements. When we get the IV's up and running all the meat heads in the area will be contacting us. Already have told a few LOL 90 percent of clients who take supplements are deficient because of quality as this is verified by clinical testing through lab corp or quest. Then they wonder why they feel like crap for no reason. People are totally obvious to it, and health declines often sneaks up on people never even know it.. What happens in the Gov't adopts the european model there will be no supplements period then what. People are just totally living in huge smoke screen not knowing the reality of things thinking its all fine.If people want to live in an adrenal related society be my guess because as a country that is where we are headed. I seen countless numbers of labs and have been seeing the trend of the references ranging changing. Sodium was at 138 -145 at one time now its 134-144. ft3 Thyroid levels where 2.3-4.2 now are changing to 2.1 as the bottom range as hypothyroidism will become more of the "normal" ranges.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I want a big fat azz gluten, soy, and dairy free one !! Probably in 5-10 years do not come back singing the blues when you have major health issue because of buying bio-unavailable supplements. When we get the IV's up and running all the meat heads in the area will be contacting us. Already have told a few LOL 90 percent of clients who take supplements are deficient because of quality as this is verified by clinical testing through lab corp or quest. Then they wonder why they feel like crap for no reason. People are totally obvious to it, and health declines often sneaks up on people never even know it.. What happens in the Gov't adopts the european model there will be no supplements period then what. People are just totally living in huge smoke screen not knowing the reality of things thinking its all fine.
I don't deny the fact that many of the commercially made supplements have poor bio-availability at best and often times have little impact to our health in the way they are supposed to be designed, but it's better than nothing. I don't see to many clinics out there full of people getting their vitamins through IVs. This isn't Peter Pan in far away neverland.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I don't deny the fact that many of the commercially made supplements have poor bio-availability at best and often times have little impact to our health in the way they are supposed to be designed, but it's better than nothing. I don't see to many clinics out there full of people getting their vitamins through IVs. This isn't Peter Pan in far away neverland.
Why people need a catalyst who may not know its even available. I always was several years a head of modern medicine being called a quack, but finally they are just starting to come out the dark ages. In the next 5-10 years there will be a huge shift in medicine which I have been one of the driving forces as well as my colleagues Dr Ben lynch, Sterling Hill, Dr Armine, and many others. In the future there will be a medical accreditation of neurogenomics which people like myself will be teaching and educating medical practitioners in the next generation of medicine.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There is an ND here in Flagstaff that offers IV's. I've been contemplating trying it out for general fatigue as well as getting a full endo baseline.

As far as what I have "felt" using sublingual vs injectable methylcobalamin..no contest. Injectable gave me boundless energy just hours after dosing.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
There is an ND here in Flagstaff that offers IV's. I've been contemplating trying it out for general fatigue as well as getting a full endo baseline.

As far as what I have "felt" using sublingual vs injectable methylcobalamin..no contest. Injectable gave me boundless energy just hours after dosing.
Much difference in feeling between injectable cobalamin vs injectable methylcobalamin?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Much difference in feeling between injectable cobalamin vs injectable methylcobalamin?
For me, yes. Cobalamin seems to help a little with energy, allergies, sleep, appetite but with methyl it is far more noticeable. Mood is also much improved on the methyl form for me.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
For me, yes. Cobalamin seems to help a little with energy, allergies, sleep, appetite but with methyl it is far more noticeable. Mood is also much improved on the methyl form for me.
Where do you get it? Everywhere I look the methyl injectable is twice the price

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Some of the ancillary suppliers used to offer it, but they stopped several years back..and thus I haven't used it since then. I've been looking for a reasonably priced, trusted source but have not been successful. Some sites offer it for over $150 per 10mL which is too rich for my blood. Probably just go in for IV from my ND soon.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Iv vs injection is night and day...

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I bet. Can't wait to try it in a vitamin C/Glutathione cocktail (or whatever is on the ND's menu).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
35 and Older 1
Supplements 28
datsthat Supplements 68
LMuscle Anabolics 4
LMuscle 35 and Older 5