Anger/Aggression/Irritability

1. Registered User
    Answers

Anger/Aggression/Irritability

The day of injection, even though my e2 stays in the low 30's, I get an extremely short fuse. Small things make me very angry, and I act out toward people in ways I never would normally. It's 100% Jekyll/Hyde, and I feel terrible about it. I've always read testosterone has nothing to do with this, it's e2's fault. But my e2 isn't very high at all, and I actually get bone/joint pain the following couple days when e2 falls too low. What can I do to manage this ridiculous aggression? This isn't me. I've always had a temper, but not uncontrollable like this. I always prefer to be overly kind, because most people who see me would expect a big dude to be an aggressive prick. I like to shock people with kindness and kind deeds, sounds weird but it makes me happy. What do you guys do when you feel like you're gonna snap?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I take a conscious step back in my brain and make myself aware that I am feeling a little "off". I recognize it fast because I am very chill and super friendly with people. I never want to be the ******* and while it doesn't feel normal to think about actions, it is required at times if you care about such things.

It's good you are aware and willing to see it. My wife will point it out to me from time to time and it crushes me. Never ever want my kids to see dad with a temper. Like you probably, I am very intimidating looking by muscle mass alone and I'd never want to have an attitude people would expect.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    What do you guys do when you feel like you're gonna snap?
    As far as an emotional state, I stop and try to find what is really bothering me deep down. Is it my workplace?, people around me?, am I not getting something I seem to want?, etc.
    When this is happening, I always seem to find something(s) that is eating at me and I feel I am trapped to try and fix.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I take a conscious step back in my brain and make myself aware that I am feeling a little "off". I recognize it fast because I am very chill and super friendly with people. I never want to be the ******* and while it doesn't feel normal to think about actions, it is required at times if you care about such things.

It's good you are aware and willing to see it. My wife will point it out to me from time to time and it crushes me. Never ever want my kids to see dad with a temper. Like you probably, I am very intimidating looking by muscle mass alone and I'd never want to have an attitude people would expect.
    Exactly! And I'll try to rearrange some of my downtime to include about 20 min per day of meditation. Gotta learn the best way to meditate though. I thought about visiting a nearby Buddhist monastery to get a few pointers on keeping calm since they're pretty much the masters of chilling out haha But seriously, I might just start attending their group services to learn as much as I can in the actual setting.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Meditating is not hard, it is more trying to control or recognize distractions or heighten your awareness.
    If you sit in a quiet room, get comfortable, focus on the breath and when your mind wanders away from it, with say a thought of (problems stresses etc. or whatever it is) you just acknowledge it (without any frustration, since it is perfectly normal to have the mind keep wandering) and gently bring your thoughts back to your breath. It is about being in the very moment, since thoughts outside that are either from the past of the future. Anxiety=future, guilt=past.

Think of it this way also. If you do not meditate at all, now, even if you meditate for 2-5 mins a day, is more than you are doing now.
    Don't make it work, because that way, it will just become another part of your stressful life of something to get done ore out of the way.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Not trying to be funny now but "busting a nut" seams to calm me down what ever it is... Maybe you need to "release" some of your test if you know what I mean...
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Not trying to be funny now but "busting a nut" seams to calm me down what ever it is... Maybe you need to "release" some of your test if you know what I mean...
    Not funny at all. That is obviously a way for you to relieve stress perhaps. Mental stress and physical stress can manifest themselves in different ways and also call for a balance of both.
    Getting rid or venting penned up aggression (thru a physically active means) is actually a method of some psychologists. Not to far from little kids having a temper tantrum. It releases that energy.
    I find great solace in hitting the weights hard when I am mentally stressed.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

The odd thing is that I have my worst workouts when I am angry or stressed. I need to be calm and mentally clear. I keep a heavy bag that is great, or mindless activities like mowing the lawn or running the dog helps me.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    The odd thing is that I have my worst workouts when I am angry or stressed. I need to be calm and mentally clear. I keep a heavy bag that is great, or mindless activities like mowing the lawn or running the dog helps me.
    Yes, everyone is different. If something is depressing me, or I am consumed by something. Then I cannot even lift my warmups. It is that bad. I once fell asleep on a bench (not from being tired) trying to eck out some BP's. I was really messed up that week.

I often times will have some of my better W/O's when I am physically tired, feeling that I really have to go in and get it up for a W/O, so I end up pushing harder than normal.
  10. Banned
    Answers

I find that certain anabolics get me aggro, for some reason epistane does it to me off and on....but work/stupid people I work with is usually what sets me off. I cannot stand stupidity and people that make my life/job harder, esp when all they need to do is pay attention and do their job correctly. Now when I find myself getting aggro, I usually step back and calm myself down....I don't want being aggro all the time causing me to lose my job or whatever because everybody is thinking I'm a pissed off mafcker and they don't want to be around me. Co-workers tell me that I tend to get pissed for a minute, then I just get over it and they don't see any residual effects....so I think I do a good job in my old age of controlling myself. Also you don't want to scare women and children I get that comment when I'm super pissed.....still in control and keeping my voice down etc.....but I get this look in my eyes and on my face that scares people lol. And its not like I'm that big at all, just average sized. But that intense pissed off look is hard to hide, and I do have some big ass traps too which are disproportionate to everything else and that certainly does not help.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

LOL! I was blessed with enormous traps but they will make someone look like they could be a crazy mofo for some reason.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Back off the AI and/or take pregnenalone.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long after T-1 cycle for itching/irritation to stop?
    By The Conqueror in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:26 AM
  2. AAS and AGgression: GREAT ARTICLE!!
    By Musclemar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:28 PM
  3. St. Anger
    By Biggs in forum General Chat
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:53 AM
  4. AAS Build Mass NOT Aggression