- 10-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Recent blood work showed progesterone at 0.2, with range of 0.2 - 1.4
Total T was 1000, free T was 35.84, well over range of 5 - 21. E2 was good at 29.8 in range of 7 - 42. Dheas was 79.5 which is low normal. Still waiting on pregnenalone results. Cortisol and cholesterol levels were normal.
Question: I Supp with pregnenalone about 50mg day along with dhea 50mg. Some preg converts to progesterone. Should I Supp with progesterone cream? I've read that low progesterone is not good; nor is high, but I wonder if I should get my levels a little higher. Will taking more pregnenalone do the job?
- 11-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Pregnenalone came in at 40, with the labcorp ref. range of <150. Dr. says pregnenalone is low. So, do I raise progesterone via progesterone cream or increase pregnenalone hoping done will metabolize to progesterone?
- 11-17-2013, 01:18 AM
Pregenolone is a waste to be measured in the serum. Progesterone is just being converted to other hormones. If your adrenal salvia cortisol readings are good then I would not say its clinically significant. I would be more concerrned about your total cholesterol and other lipid profiles.I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Similar Forum Threads
- By WackyHormones in forum 35 and OlderReplies: 11Last Post: 07-04-2011, 02:47 PM
- By homer80 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2010, 12:11 PM
- By ericren23 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 55Last Post: 03-06-2008, 11:06 PM
- By bpdaddy in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-19-2002, 12:00 PM
- By Sanosuke in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-21-2002, 11:08 PM