Mood

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What should I take to enhance my mood? I just don't get excited about things like I used to since I started trt. Even my favorite hobbies I care nothing about now. I just feel numb to everything, never felt like this prior to trt. Even sex isn't that great anymore, and orgasms are dull. Something is out of balance, but there are so many factors it would take forever to figure it out. Test levels are fine, e2 levels are ok. It's almost as if my dopamine levels are REALLY low. Just no energy, no enthusiasm, pumps at the gym suck, strength is lower, getting injured more often, takes forever for my girl to get me hard, i don't even think about sex. What could trt shut down besides natural testosterone production? I feel like I'm wasting so much of my life feeling like this, and I want to be normal again so I can start enjoying life again! :-\

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmm, you could try a couple of different routes. Personally, I love adaptogens and noots. TRT is my base to keep things normal and where they should be, but I have several supplements that really boost my energy and mood.

macuna pruirens - excellent source to boost dopamine levels and helps with well being, sleep, and libido
rhodiola- I live by this and it really helps keep energy levels stable and recovery times down
Alpha-gpc- boosts GH and incredible for recall and cognitive function
Aniracetam- this is one I'd consider optional for what you are describing, but I love it for the anxiolytic effect. Plus it makes you feel very social.
5-HTP- may want to add this in at night before you go to sleep. Helps boost serotonin levels.

Also, you could just be in a rut and need a change somewhere. Different hobby or outlet, change up some of your daily routine, get out more, etc.

Or maybe related to adrenal fatigue? Have you had all that checked out?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Hmm, you could try a couple of different routes. Personally, I love adaptogens and noots. TRT is my base to keep things normal and where they should be, but I have several supplements that really boost my energy and mood.

macuna pruirens - excellent source to boost dopamine levels and helps with well being, sleep, and libido
rhodiola- I live by this and it really helps keep energy levels stable and recovery times down
Alpha-gpc- boosts GH and incredible for recall and cognitive function
Aniracetam- this is one I'd consider optional for what you are describing, but I love it for the anxiolytic effect. Plus it makes you feel very social.
5-HTP- may want to add this in at night before you go to sleep. Helps boost serotonin levels.

Also, you could just be in a rut and need a change somewhere. Different hobby or outlet, change up some of your daily routine, get out more, etc.

Or maybe related to adrenal fatigue? Have you had all that checked out?
Thanks for all that info brother, I really appreciate it!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I take Jarrow B-Right along with 750 mg of TMG 3 times per day. I honestly believe this has increased my mood, as well as being cardio protective (reduced HCY). TMG is commonly referred to as poor man's SAMe. It might be worth reading up on.

Good luck.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
What brand aniracetam do you get? And where?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I was thinking of adding alpha-GPC into my GH amino mix....wasn't sure how effective it was, and if it pairs up well with amino acids like arginine and lysine etc. Hopefully in the next few months I'll get on some actual GH....after I clear up all my financial affairs and get back to normal. Maybe actual GH will help with the mood issues :D

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been taking Alpha-GPC for about 10 years and have never not been blown away. It is subtle, until you stop taking it. I have gone a month or two because I just didn't feel like buying it and then I start realizing that I get a little cloudy or not recalling quite as well. Mix it back in and in 2-3 days it is like, "whoa". Out of all the cholines, it is definitely the king.

The aniracetam I buy now is the Neuro Wave brand. It works just as well as the previous brands I used to buy. It is getting more difficult to find Ani in high quality anymore and to find it at all, for that matter. It is a script outside of the US and they are trying to regulate it here, so places have stopped carrying it.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I've been taking Alpha-GPC for about 10 years and have never not been blown away. It is subtle, until you stop taking it. I have gone a month or two because I just didn't feel like buying it and then I start realizing that I get a little cloudy or not recalling quite as well. Mix it back in and in 2-3 days it is like, "whoa". Out of all the cholines, it is definitely the king.

The aniracetam I buy now is the Neuro Wave brand. It works just as well as the previous brands I used to buy. It is getting more difficult to find Ani in high quality anymore and to find it at all, for that matter. It is a script outside of the US and they are trying to regulate it here, so places have stopped carrying it.
Is Neuro Wave produced in China? Trying to steer clear of Chinese supplements.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Looks like it's made in USA. Just ordered some

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I've been taking the lower priced Choline Citrate with ALCAR; 2 grams of each.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't like ALCAR because it really does nothing for me at lower <2g doses and at 2+, I get anxiety from it. Choline Citrate is ok, but at a completely different level compared to AGPC, imo.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't like ALCAR because it really does nothing for me at lower <2g doses and at 2+, I get anxiety from it. Choline Citrate is ok, but at a completely different level compared to AGPC, imo.
Understood re the AGPC - for me, its a cost issue.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks like it's made in USA. Just ordered some
You don't say what you were going to be taking it for, so I will just let you know that it is not great as a "learning" noot. It works differently than say piracetam, huperzine, or other cognitive supps. It works by being a moderate to strong anxiolytic and helps pull and organize thoughts and ideas already in your head. This makes it great for speech and social events due to the way it pulls things to the front of your brain. I used to have issues with so many things running in my head and finding a way to organize them in speeches and conferences. Now I feel like I always have the right word at the tip of my tongue and I don't have to search for it.

It's cool that you are going to give it a shot. Research it and you'll see most people have it at the top of their favorites for noots.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
You don't say what you were going to be taking it for, so I will just let you know that it is not great as a "learning" noot. It works differently than say piracetam, huperzine, or other cognitive supps. It works by being a moderate to strong anxiolytic and helps pull and organize thoughts and ideas already in your head. This makes it great for speech and social events due to the way it pulls things to the front of your brain. I used to have issues with so many things running in my head and finding a way to organize them in speeches and conferences. Now I feel like I always have the right word at the tip of my tongue and I don't have to search for it.

It's cool that you are going to give it a shot. Research it and you'll see most people have it at the top of their favorites for noots.
Sounds like just what I need! Looking forward to trying it out, bought the alpha gpc too

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Adding a Noot may help but I think you should still work towards finding the reason for your symptoms.

Just curious are you using HCG? An AI?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do think that it would be a good idea to make certain thyroid and adrenal labs are normal. These are the first things that were checked when first started, but it seems that they are tests that are commonly overlooked.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Just took 300mg alpha ghp with 750mg aniracetam and a gulp of olive oil. Got bad anxiety for the first 10 minutes, but now I just feel really awake. Nothing awesome or anything, just awake. Does it get better the longer you take it? Or is the first day as good as it gets?

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Should I take twice the dosage of both? It says take 1-3 of the alpha ghp 300mg, and 1-2 twice a day of the aniracetam 750mg. 1500mg/day of aniracetam sounds like a lot to me. Will aniracetam have any negative effects on sexual function? That's the last thing I need right now haha

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ani is a noot and will not have any influence on sexual function other than possibly helping it if performance anxiety was involved. It is powerful stuff and I would highly recommend staying with the 750mg x 2 per day (1500 total) with 300mg x 2 per day (600 total).

You can't approach the word of nootropics as looking for an immediate cure all. They build over time and tend to be subtle, but can be very noticeable for some individuals. Also, if there is something underlying going on with you, it isn't a cure for anything.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Ani is a noot and will not have any influence on sexual function other than possibly helping it if performance anxiety was involved. It is powerful stuff and I would highly recommend staying with the 750mg x 2 per day (1500 total) with 300mg x 2 per day (600 total).

You can't approach the word of nootropics as looking for an immediate cure all. They build over time and tend to be subtle, but can be very noticeable for some individuals. Also, if there is something underlying going on with you, it isn't a cure for anything.
Damn underlying condition... Why can't I find out what you are? :-\

If I double the dosage, should I take it all at once in the morning?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, and why would you double the dosage after what I just responded with? It is made to be split.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
No, and why would you double the dosage after what I just responded with? It is made to be split.
I meant doubling the dosage of 750 mg, I've read not to take aniracetam at night.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would not double up because it can have a weird dulling effect. Split it up. Also, I have been taking Ani for years and have never heard anything about not taking it at night. If there would be any reason, it would simply be because it is a waste. You want it during waking hours when it actually is used. I take my first dose with breakfast and then again around 2pm.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I would not double up because it can have a weird dulling effect. Split it up. Also, I have been taking Ani for years and have never heard anything about not taking it at night. If there would be any reason, it would simply be because it is a waste. You want it during waking hours when it actually is used. I take my first dose with breakfast and then again around 2pm.
I'm liking the effects already! Not tired at all! Pretty upbeat about things too

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is cycling suggested for these supps (alpha gpc, aniracetam) or not needed?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I might need to try some of these on Tuesday and Thursdays....I have to wake up at 7:30am to get to the damn university and park and walk 200 miles to class at 9:30....then I'm back to back to back for 3 classes from 9:30-1:50. I end up starting to nod off, esp in the first two classes...I need something to keep me awake and alert as well as keep my mind sharp, but I don't like stims.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I might need to try some of these on Tuesday and Thursdays....I have to wake up at 7:30am to get to the damn university and park and walk 200 miles to class at 9:30....then I'm back to back to back for 3 classes from 9:30-1:50. I end up starting to nod off, esp in the first two classes...I need something to keep me awake and alert as well as keep my mind sharp, but I don't like stims.
This will do it!

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
The NW ani is pretty cheap...I was surprised at that. I recall these things were only available from overseas pharmacies a decade ago. I wonder what stacks well with ani? I am not sure I should have asked that, kisaj will probably hollar at me for suggesting a stack of these noots :D

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The NW ani is pretty cheap...I was surprised at that. I recall these things were only available from overseas pharmacies a decade ago. I wonder what stacks well with ani? I am not sure I should have asked that, kisaj will probably hollar at me for suggesting a stack of these noots :D
I have read that Alpha GPC stacks well with Aniracetam. They have a combined synergistic effect from what I have read. I just ordered these two supps from Nuero Wave so I will let ya know how it works out for me.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I have read that Alpha GPC stacks well with Aniracetam. They have a combined synergistic effect from what I have read. I just ordered these two supps from Nuero Wave so I will let ya know how it works out for me.
That's what I'm stacking, works well

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can stack anything you want based on what you are looking for. You need a choline source with ani and AGPC is the best source of it, so that is why I suggest and use it. Also, ani is best taken with a fat source, so I take with a meal.

My personal noot stack is very simple and effective. Ani, AGPC, rhodiola

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
AGPC is supposed to help with GH release also no?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Ok...i was actually going to add GPC to my empty stomach GH stack (arginine ornithine lysine tryptophan NAC glutamine) so I'll take the GPC ED and I'll just add the ani on class days.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What should I take to enhance my mood? I just don't get excited about things like I used to since I started trt. Even my favorite hobbies I care nothing about now. I just feel numb to everything, never felt like this prior to trt. Even sex isn't that great anymore, and orgasms are dull. Something is out of balance, but there are so many factors it would take forever to figure it out. Test levels are fine, e2 levels are ok. It's almost as if my dopamine levels are REALLY low. Just no energy, no enthusiasm, pumps at the gym suck, strength is lower, getting injured more often, takes forever for my girl to get me hard, i don't even think about sex. What could trt shut down besides natural testosterone production? I feel like I'm wasting so much of my life feeling like this, and I want to be normal again so I can start enjoying life again! :-\
When you say fine, what are they? Additionally, what is your free test and SHBG and prolactin?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I'm doing 300mg agpc
I'm taking moderate doses of the other stuff, so yeah 300mg sounds reasonable. I'll pick up the 2-pack on the GPC since I'll be taking it daily. I hope all this damn amino/GPC crap really increases GH to a noticeable/beneficial degree.........I suppose I should just jump on some GHRP-6, but I hate reconstituting and mixing up stuff like hCG and whatever....plus I don't trust RC's whatsoever.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Suggested to do neurotransmitter testing over a year ago this problem would most likely been resolved ..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking moderate doses of the other stuff, so yeah 300mg sounds reasonable. I'll pick up the 2-pack on the GPC since I'll be taking it daily. I hope all this damn amino/GPC crap really increases GH to a noticeable/beneficial degree.........I suppose I should just jump on some GHRP-6, but I hate reconstituting and mixing up stuff like hCG and whatever....plus I don't trust RC's whatsoever.
What's your GH cocktail consist of?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
What's your GH cocktail consist of?
Nothing fancy :D just basic amino's and the like.

1850mg Arginine
1150mg Ornithine
2g Lysine
5g Glutamine
1200mg NAC (precursor to glutathione)
____
300mg AGPC (just added recently)

I take it on an empty stomach in the middle of the night/towards morning wake up time....I make sure the stomach is reasonably empty, and that I do sleep for 2-4 hours post supplementing. Its sort of old school, but its "the new thing" again with Dr. Oz lol. I figure I'll do this (pretty cheap) + 100mcg GHRP-6 morning and night...should give me some nice GH release overall.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nice man it's worth a shot. I would also add 500mg of agmatine pre-bed. It helps relax the mind giving a more restful sleep with a slight GH boost.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
And as far as the alpha gpc goes take one 300mg cap pre-workout and another one later in the day if you want the added GH boost from it.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
And as far as the alpha gpc goes take one 300mg cap pre-workout and another one later in the day if you want the added GH boost from it.
yeah I was contemplating doubling the dose, I'll definitely do it now.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cool thread. Sub'd

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't mention this before because I spaced it out, but I remember having incredible results from phenylpiracetam and recently tried it again. You build a tolerance very fast, so I would recommend no more than 2-3 times a week. The effects are noticed in about 20 min and it is a rush of energy that isn't like caffeine, but more like somebody just gave you really good news. Like a dopamine surge. Everything is visually crisp and a little brighter. This lasts for about 2-3 hours and then moves into a steady state of general well being and alertness for another 2-3 hours. There is no crash and you don't even know exactly when it wears off, it just gradually does. I notice this at around a 100mg dose.

It is a very powerful noot and like I said, probably don't want to take it all the time, but for events where energy and extreme alertness is needed, it may be the ticket.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 13
Product Reviews 2
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 31
Supplements 15
bell1986 Supplements 100