GH in addition to TRT/HRT

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Any of you guys use GH in addition to your TRT/HRT? I was looking into maybe 2iu per day M-F with weekends off....just for anti-aging effects as well as probably some synergy with the testosterone therapy to aid with fat loss/muscle gain. I didn't have great success with GH in my younger days since, well, I was young lol and probably didn't take enough to elicit the effects. These are black tops, somewhat pricey (obviously lol)....so I wanted some opinions on if it was worthwhile, mostly due to the cost....the benefit has to make the cost to benefit ratio worth the expense.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Any of you guys use GH in addition to your TRT/HRT? I was looking into maybe 2iu per day M-F with weekends off....just for anti-aging effects as well as probably some synergy with the testosterone therapy to aid with fat loss/muscle gain. I didn't have great success with GH in my younger days since, well, I was young lol and probably didn't take enough to elicit the effects. These are black tops, somewhat pricey (obviously lol)....so I wanted some opinions on if it was worthwhile, mostly due to the cost....the benefit has to make the cost to benefit ratio worth the expense.
I've swapped about 20 lbs of fat/muscle over the last year and a half and on 1 iu/day. I also feel its played a role in increased recovery capacity. I'm training heavier (and smarter) than I have in my entire life, gh has played a big role.

<---$17 month...

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah I was figuring either 1iu per day 365, or 2iu per day m-f only. Is yours prescribed by your doc/endo? Or anti-aging route? I also was wondering about fakes with this particular brand if anyone is familiar. Would be about $60 per month if I "prescribed" myself...haven't bothered to ask the gp or aa clinics yet

napalm

napalm

Awards
Yeah I was figuring either 1iu per day 365, or 2iu per day m-f only. Is yours prescribed by your doc/endo? Or anti-aging route? I also was wondering about fakes with this particular brand if anyone is familiar. Would be about $60 per month if I "prescribed" myself...haven't bothered to ask the gp or aa clinics yet
I get mine from my endo, head trauma induced hypopituitarism, 2 skull fractures. 60/month is cheap, i'd be wary of anyone selling it for that price. My pens retail for 1k. You'd need a really really good reason for your gp to prescribe it for you, and insurance would fight you every step of the way...

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Yeah that is why I asked about fakes and this particular product I was looking at. Does labcorp or the walk in labs have a gh test? I know that I'd need to inject right before blood draw to get an accurate reading...but this is the only way to find out if its legit.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a note on the side of longevity - GH proliferates the reproduction of ALL cells in the body. Have you had a colonoscopy and a digital prostate exam recently.

I have had a benign precancerous adenoma removed several years ago. So GH IMO is not an option for me. Do you know your family history and genetic predisposition for cancers?

I'm just being a voice of cautiousness :)

napalm

napalm

Awards
Just a note on the side of longevity - GH proliferates the reproduction of ALL cells in the body. Have you had a colonoscopy and a digital prostate exam recently.

I have had a benign precancerous adenoma removed several years ago. So GH IMO is not an option for me. Do you know your family history and genetic predisposition for cancers?

Good points David, I got a thorough going over before getting the gh. And I'm about due for a colonoscopy.

EDIT: and the lab test you're looking for is igf-1. It mimics gh. I also failed a glucose tolerance test before getting prescribed. That's the end all be all for the insurance companies.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards

That was one of my concerns actually, since my heart is still somewhat enlarged....and I didn't want to take anything that might worsen that situation. I was getting to that question next lol. Colon wise I believe I'm fine though. I thought the low dose and m-f regimen was pretty safe though, not mega dosing by any means

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
They problem with black market gh is that it's no way to tell if it's legit stuff, it might be expired, underdosed or something else. I wasted a lot of money before I realized that :(

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
They problem with black market gh is that it's no way to tell if it's legit stuff, it might be expired, underdosed or something else. I wasted a lot of money before I realized that :(
It seems like the only option since even if you get your doc or anti-aging clinic to prescribe it, your insurance probably won't cover it and rx GH costs an arm and a leg same as androgel with no insurance. But I worry about fakes as well as if it was kept at the correct temperature.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Personally from a purely anti-aging perspective I would look at a GHRP. It's much, much cheaper than GH and very effective and IMO safer because it will not supress endogenous GH production.

Quite a few anti-aging docs are now prescribing peptides in the place of GH and I think it will continue to become more popular.