long term use for estrogen control

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
I know there is a seperate section for supplement use, but i wanted to see if i can get some feedback from some of the guys in the anti aging forum on their thoughts here.

For the purpose of regulating estrogen, would it be possible to run a supplement such as erase or arimistane at a low dose for a pro longed period of time - making it more of a staple as opposes to a cycle?

Since there seems to be people who do thos with compounds such as clomid, was curios on some thoughts with these.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I pretty much use DIM on a 5 day on 2 day off basis, but if I use any supplement ie: Erase or Anabeta that calls for a cycle period, then I follow those directions. I also try and stick in a liver cleanse on a bi or tri monthly basis too.
I also try and watch any other estrogen raising markers in foods and such.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
You use dim for a prolong period of time?

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
DIM is pretty much one of those natural E metabolizers, along the lines of like green tea extracts I believe, Resveratrol in red grapes/wine etc.
It is found in cruciferous veggies, like broccoli maybe cabbage and or cauliflower.
I use Nature's Way. I also try to eat more grass fed and less drugged/hormone induced beef etc.

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
Dim is found in some preworkouts no?

What is ur dosage suggestion and length of time ran?

srocco112

srocco112

Awards
  • Established
So if thats the case then, maybe dim stacked with something like resveratrol in between cycles of other hormone related supps would be a good idea to help keep things regulated at all times.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well, let me just say, I have no idea what to tell you on dosage etc. as I go by the directions on the bottle of DIM.
At present I am not using the other stuff.
I know too, that certain compounds and or drugs work against E differently, (some stop new production while others intervene with what you already have) so you most likely need to be educated or have someone who knows what they are doing, before shooting in the dark. As E is not a bad thing, it just needs to be in a given range, so without knowing what your range is, I don't know much more to tell you buddy.

My questions would be...,
What or why are you concerned about it?
Have you had your blood tested by a doc to see where your E levels are in comparison to your other hormones?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Well, let me just say, I have no idea what to tell you on dosage etc. as I go by the directions on the bottle of DIM.
At present I am not using the other stuff.
I know too, that certain compounds and or drugs work against E differently, (some stop new production while others intervene with what you already have) so you most likely need to be educated or have someone who knows what they are doing, before shooting in the dark. As E is not a bad thing, it just needs to be in a given range, so without knowing what your range is, I don't know much more to tell you buddy.

My questions would be...,
What or why are you concerned about it?
Have you had your blood tested by a doc to see where your E levels are in comparison to your other hormones?
Paul, I agree with your questions.

If someone has high E2 in general something else is going on, potentially the HPTA cycle is not functioning well

Here is a read on the topic.

JCEM | Mobile

If E2 control long-term is necessary, then I personally would pursue an AI like anastrozole, not a SERM, and get it covered by insurance. Think about this, you do not read many threads where guys are relying on Erase or DIM to control estrogen/E2. There are quite a few but they pale in comparison to Aromasin, letro and anastrozole.

The effect of high E2 is quick and can have long-term consequences. This is not debatable and I have experienced the fatigue, lack of sex drive, etc. with a high E2.

I have read absolutely nothing that indicates long-term management of E2 is an issue, quite the opposite. However, E2 that is too low WILL CAUSE long-term problems, osteoporosis being a big one.

For what it is worth.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Incredible well said.
When people balance their liver pathways they do not need an AI or can reduce the current dosage.