Successful Restart?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Successful Restart?

Has anyone had a successful endogenous restart from non- AAS induced secondary hypogonadism?

Im thinking the chances are slim and clomid isnt making me feel so good. I'm thinking even if my test levels go up they'll go right back down when I stop clomid.

Im under the impression guys on AAS cycles would eventually naturally recover on their own, PCT only speeds it up. Their body has a natural setpoint it returns to whereas non-AAS induced secondary hypogonadism is a nueral disorder that lowers that setpoint.

I'm losing faith in the whole restart theory. Any thoughts? Had anyone seen a permanent re-setting of their testosterone setpoint from a restart?

I'm just ready to feel better and I think trt and hcg just may be the answer instead of wasting my time......

2. Registered User
    Answers

Don't know about restart. There are some good research articles about long-term staying on clomid to increase testosterone. I am trying that now - been on chlomid for 6-7 months. My experience is that a low dose is all that is need to take my total testosterone from bottom end of range up to near top of range - I am currently taking 25 mg Clomid EOD. Estrogen went up - have recently added aromasin 12.5 mg EOD. I have had no mood issues like some people speak of - but I think that is because I have kept clomid dose low.

I went this way rather than traditional TRT as I think TRT has more potential sides and shutdown issues - the clomid approach (in my opinion) increases the bodies natural testosterone production and does not involve shut-down at all. At any point I can get off clomid, see if my testosterone drops to inappropriate levels, and choose the TRT approach.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  227 lbs.
    Answers

agreed
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

You need to evaluate the underlying pathology of the problem by examining detailed, history, labs, current diet, sleep habits, ect looking for clues why it is low in the first place. Many restarts fail because the Doctors fail to address other issues which one used to build a strong foundation to keep levels going. Majority of the times they crash ....as we commonly see.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anybody had success with a restart?
    By pillsRgood in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
  2. Successfully restarted HTPA
    By darkblue1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 12:39 PM
  3. Replies: 47
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 10:59 PM
  4. Anyone having success with T-1 Final?
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 07:44 AM
  5. Ingredients for success (Motivation)
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2003, 12:36 AM