Secondary Hypogonadism w/ labs, need advice

R

red910

Awards
Hi. I tried to post this once, but it never appeared to I'll try again.

Hi and thanks in advance for anyadvice or guidance and I apologize for the length.I am 42 yrs. Old,5'11” and currently 175 lbs (down from 205 in Feb.) I have had avasectomy. I had bloodwork done at my request @ Labcorp first inFebraury by a chiropractor friend of mine, then in April by my PCP,then again in June by my PCP, then in July by an Endo I was referredto. Here are the results and comments.

February 2013 10 a.m.

Total Test Serum : 234 ng/dl (low) range 348-1197
Free Test : 9.3 pg/ml range 6.8- 21.5
DHEA-S 256.4 ug/dl range 88.9-427
Vitamin D: 17.6 ng/mL (low) range 30.0 – 100.0
TSH : 1.8 uU/mL range .5 – 4.8
T-4, free: 1.27ng/dL range .82 – 1.77
T-3 , free: 3.5 pg/mL range 2.0- 4.4
Reverse T-3: 20.0 ng/dL range 9.2- 24.1 ( I believe this gives a T-3 to RT-3 ratio of 17.5which
is too low. )

April 2013 9:45 a.m. (After 2 months of10mg Pregnenolone and working to raise Vitamin D)

Testosterone, Serum: 189 ng/dL (lower) range 348-1197
Test, Free : 6.35 ng/dL (would havebeen low, but they changed the range) 5.0 – 21.0
% Free Test. 3.36 range 1.5-4.2
LH : 2.4 mIU/mL range 1.7-8.6
FSH : 4.3 mIU/mL range 1.5 – 12.4
Vitamin D 46.3 ng/mL range 30-100

Prescribed Androgel 1.62% 2 pumps/day.Except the Androgel makes me feel like total **** by about the 5[SUP]th[/SUP]day, including increased fatigue, muscle and joint pain, and moodswings, anxiety and digestive upset. I've tried to start it 3different times with the same result.

June 2013 9 a.m. (Ranges andmeasurement values are the same as above).

Test, serum: 323 (Low)
Test, free : 9.46
% free test : 2.93
LH : 3.0
FSH : 4.6
DHT : 22 ng/dL (Low) range 30-85
PSA : .9 ng /mL range 0.0- 4.0
Estrogens: total 120 pg/mL (HIGH) range 40-115 ( I asked for E2 test, they ran the wrong one)
Prolactin : 8.5 ng/mL range 4.0-15.2
DHEA-S : 268.4
Vitamin D : 49.5

July 2013 8a.m. (Ran by Endo, who saysHypogonadism, possible pituatary problem. Had been off androgel forapprox. 4 weeks at this test and off Pregnenolone for 1 week) (Rangesand values used are same)

Test, Serum: 412 (normal, if I'm 75yrs. Old I guess)
E-2 : 21.8 pg/mL range 7.6-42.6
TSH : 1.130
T-4, free : 1.29
T-3, free: 3.5
IGF-1 : 211 ng/mL (high) range 64-210
Growth Hormone, Serum <0.1 ng/mL range 0.0- 2.9
Cortisol, serum : 11.9 ug/dL range 6.2 – 19.4
A1c 5.3 range 4.8-5.6
Blood glucose (fasting) : 88 mg/dL range 65-99
metabolic panel all normal

I also had a Pituatary MRI w/contrastwhich came back normal. I have not had a follow up w/ the endo yetand I only know my blood results because I can get them throughLabcorps site. I'm afraid he's going to say my test is normal now, sono worries. But, why does the Androgel make me feel so crappy ? Again, sorry for the length but I wanted to give all the relevantinfo I had. Thanks in advance.

M

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
If these were my labs, I would sublingual (real) HCG (50 IUs 4x a day) for two months, and retest. (see YOUTUBE for HCG mixing instructions)
Yes, I have done HCG sublingually, and it works just fine.

Check prolactin.

Have you done DHT suppressors?????
Your high total estrogen interests me.... I wonder if are you aromatizing DHEA into estrone?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If these were my labs, I would sublingual (real) HCG (50 IUs 4x a day) for two months, and retest. (see YOUTUBE for HCG mixing instructions)

Check prolactin.

Your high total estrogen interests me.... I wonder if are you aromatizing DHEA into estrone?
That's the first time I have heard that method for blasting HCG. Interesting approach, I would like to hear some clinical research studies that back oral HCG's effectiveness.

R

red910

Awards

Check prolactin.

Prolactin was tested..........Prolactin : 8.5 ng/mL range 4.0-15.2....
By DHT suppressors, you mean like finasteride ? The answer would be no. I don't know of anything that I have taken that would cause my DHT to be low, but then again I don't really know what all lowers DHT. The only things I have been taking for the last 6 months are some xanax, pepcid, and pregnenolone.
I didn't know what to make, if anything, of the high total estrogen, especially when the e-2 came back good.
I'll check out the HCG video, thanks.

R

red910

Awards
That's the first time I have heard that method for blasting HCG. Interesting approach, I would like to hear some clinical research studies that back oral HCG's effectiveness.
Sublingual, is not the same as oral. Oral would be swallowing and absorbing through the small intestine, liver, etc....sublingual would be absorption through the upper lip or gum or under the tongue, straight into the bloodstream.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sublingual, is not the same as oral. Oral would be swallowing and absorbing through the small intestine, liver, etc....sublingual would be absorption through the upper lip or gum or under the tongue, straight into the bloodstream.
Thanks for clarifying but I DO know the difference between orally and sublingual. Ok, let me clarify my question I wondering if there is any evidence behind the effectiveness with sublingual HCG?