Minoxidil

  1. New Member
    HappyDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    4228
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.3%

    Minoxidil


    Do you use it?

    Any info?

  2. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDogg View Post
    Do you use it?

    Any info?
    Used it for years, found a better option my gillette fusion razor, works much better and the ladies love it.
  3. New Member
    HappyDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    4228
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post

    Used it for years, found a better option my gillette fusion razor, works much better and the ladies love it.
    How old are you bro?
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by HappyDogg View Post

    How old are you bro?
    47.
  5. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Used it for years, found a better option my gillette fusion razor, works much better and the ladies love it.
    Funny, I am considering the same option.

    I do use minoxidil and I "think" it works. I also take 1 mg of Finasteride per day. There is a LOT of controversy over FIna so before you consider, do your homework.
  6. New Member
    HappyDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    4228
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.3%

    Yeah I'm scared sh*tless about fin, I won't ever risk it. Using Niz at the mo and considering Mino in the hope it may add years to my hairs lifespan whilst attempting to get the body of a god!
  7. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post

    Funny, I am considering the same option.

    I do use minoxidil and I "think" it works. I also take 1 mg of Finasteride per day. There is a LOT of controversy over FIna so before you consider, do your homework.
    Pappy, minoxidil either works or it doesnt no "think" about it, if you don't notice a difference get off it, stop giving them money for a product that can only grow a few thin strands if that, be a man about it and take it off believe me you won't be disappointed. Go read testimony @ slyguys.com. Very rare for a man to say, I am sorry I started shaving my head. Usually they say wow I wished I would have done this a long time ago.
  8. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Pappy, minoxidil either works or it doesnt no "think" about it, if you don't notice a difference get off it, stop giving them money for a product that can only grow a few thin strands if that, be a man about it and take it off believe me you won't be disappointed. Go read testimony @ slyguys.com. Very rare for a man to say, I am sorry I started shaving my head. Usually they say wow I wished I would have done this a long time ago.
    Okay, dang it, I am going to get my hair cut really short tomorrow. That is a first step.

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWc&cad=rja
  9. New Member
    HappyDogg's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    4228
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    64.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post

    Okay, dang it, I am going to get my hair cut really short tomorrow. That is a first step.

    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.aWc&cad=rja
    Let us know how it goes bro
  10. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Have an appointment for Monday. I admit I am scared to get it cut short........
  11. New Member
    superman4hire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    22
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    33%

    fin is not bad when its topical. Pills... too many sides. Might want to chat with your doc about a mino & fin mix. Works well for me.
  12. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Have an appointment for Monday. I admit I am scared to get it cut short........
    Give it 30 days it will take a while for you to adjust, you will love it.
  13. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Give it 30 days it will take a while for you to adjust, you will love it.
    My hair is now about 1/2 inch all over. I am not sure the wife likes it but I think I am going to like it. One thing, man I do not have a lot of hair. Wearing it longer gave the appearance of more hair, and my head seems to be cooler (temp wise). Not sure I am ready to shave it...yet.

    Thanks for kicking my butt on this topic.
  14. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    My hair is now about 1/2 inch all over. I am not sure the wife likes it but I think I am going to like it. One thing, man I do not have a lot of hair. Wearing it longer gave the appearance of more hair, and my head seems to be cooler (temp wise). Not sure I am ready to shave it...yet.

    Thanks for kicking my butt on this topic.
    That is why I always have my hair medium length or so......makes it look like you got a shytload of hair and you can cover up your big ass forehead with it (my only issue is big-foreheadedness, got it from my dad)

    But I don't know what kind of men just give up on their hair, or their balls for that matter lol. I'm just about ready to call all you shaved/bald-headed pea-balled mafckers quitters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    That is why I always have my hair medium length or so......makes it look like you got a shytload of hair and you can cover up your big ass forehead with it (my only issue is big-foreheadedness, got it from my dad)

    But I don't know what kind of men just give up on their hair, or their balls for that matter lol. I'm just about ready to call all you shaved/bald-headed pea-balled mafckers quitters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not quitting, just giving in to reality................ha
  16. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Not quitting, just giving in to reality................ha
    Yeah if its "that bad" and inevitable.....I guess just give it up. I still have a full head of hair and I'm a big hair guy for whatever reason...I'd probably cry every day if i went bald. I had a dream last night where there was a mannequin style head that was a facsimile of me, and it showed my hair cut really short and I was balding in all areas LOL. What a nightmare, I'd rather dream of freddy krueger or whatever I just hit it with everything I got ever since I hit 40, minoxidil/AAcid/topical spiro/nizoral/nettle caps etc etc. The money I spend on keeping my fcking hair..............
  17. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post

    My hair is now about 1/2 inch all over. I am not sure the wife likes it but I think I am going to like it. One thing, man I do not have a lot of hair. Wearing it longer gave the appearance of more hair, and my head seems to be cooler (temp wise). Not sure I am ready to shave it...yet.

    Thanks for kicking my butt on this topic.
    Big difference in shaving compared to just buzzing it, you will get there soon I am sure. Hope I didnt steer you the wrong way but remember it will grow back if you decide you don't like it.
  18. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    Yeah if its "that bad" and inevitable.....I guess just give it up. I still have a full head of hair and I'm a big hair guy for whatever reason...I'd probably cry every day if i went bald. I had a dream last night where there was a mannequin style head that was a facsimile of me, and it showed my hair cut really short and I was balding in all areas LOL. What a nightmare, I'd rather dream of freddy krueger or whatever I just hit it with everything I got ever since I hit 40, minoxidil/AAcid/topical spiro/nizoral/nettle caps etc etc. The money I spend on keeping my fcking hair..............
    Balding and hair in ears and nose. I guess that is the curse men are dealt in life because most other things are pretty dang good, especially the sex part........

    I will say I think Fina (1 mg per day) has stopped the loss, but, alas, is is too late for me.........
  19. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Big difference in shaving compared to just buzzing it, you will get there soon I am sure. Hope I didnt steer you the wrong way but remember it will grow back if you decide you don't like it.
    I was going to admonish you for suggesting pappy just shave all his shyt right off .....but as you say, at worst he'll just look retarded for a few months and it will grow right back anyways, no harm done guess lol. I have a big fcking head, so a shaved head is NOT for me personally....people with big heads should have a decent amount of hair on their head in my opinion.....its best for all involved.
  20. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    I was going to admonish you for suggesting pappy just shave all his shyt right off .....but as you say, at worst he'll just look retarded for a few months and it will grow right back anyways, no harm done guess lol. I have a big fcking head, so a shaved head is NOT for me personally....people with big heads should have a decent amount of hair on their head in my opinion.....its best for all involved.
    Sometimes people's perceptions of themselves is distorted. I know when I look in the mirror I wince at my hair, my pitiful biceps, the fat around my belly (I have very low BF%). etc.. I'll bet your head is not nearly as "big" as you think.
  21. New Member
    rfarns01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    2584
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    51.16%

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    I was going to admonish you for suggesting pappy just shave all his shyt right off .....but as you say, at worst he'll just look retarded for a few months and it will grow right back anyways, no harm done guess lol. I have a big fcking head, so a shaved head is NOT for me personally....people with big heads should have a decent amount of hair on their head in my opinion.....its best for all involved.
    Anabolic come talk to me when your hair starts to thin and you need confidence to shave the sh1t off so you can actually resume your life.

    I don't know how pappys hair or head looks so it's tough to say whether it's better for him or not. For me I enjoy that I don't have to chase women, they chase me. Also gives me my edge back over my wife, she is now jealous, and I couldn't say that before I shaved. It is absolutely night and day. So no admonishment needed. This is just my personal experience.
  22. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by rfarns01 View Post
    Anabolic come talk to me when your hair starts to thin and you need confidence to shave the sh1t off so you can actually resume your life.

    I don't know how pappys hair or head looks so it's tough to say whether it's better for him or not. For me I enjoy that I don't have to chase women, they chase me. Also gives me my edge back over my wife, she is now jealous, and I couldn't say that before I shaved. It is absolutely night and day. So no admonishment needed. This is just my personal experience.
    Don't hold your breath!! This guy doesn't give up on his hair OR his balls! lol. I gotta say, I am one of the luckiest men alive.....my balls never shrink, even on mega dose androgel, and my hair pretty much stays as-is ever since I was a teenager to 41 (and I've abused it time to time, I wear a baseball cap a lot....taken all sorts of DHT gear/DH/PS over the years etc etc). I do thank God each and every day for these blessings
  23. New Member
    pappybay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    314
    Rep Power
    6004
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    28.58%

    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post

    Don't hold your breath!! This guy doesn't give up on his hair OR his balls! lol. I gotta say, I am one of the luckiest men alive.....my balls never shrink, even on mega dose androgel, and my hair pretty much stays as-is ever since I was a teenager to 41 (and I've abused it time to time, I wear a baseball cap a lot....taken all sorts of DHT gear/DH/PS over the years etc etc). I do thank God each and every day for these blessings
    Wearing a cap a lot is a myth. It has -0- impact on hair.
  24. AnabolicHolic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    38
    Lv. Percent
    81.15%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Wearing a cap a lot is a myth. It has -0- impact on hair.
    Yeah, I know ......I've been telling people this for YEARS....they insist that wearing a cap causes increased hair fallout. You could spackle your bald head and hair would still grow out of it lol. Covering the hair or scalp has NOTHING to do with hair falling out.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 06:54 PM
  2. Minoxidil and Azelaic Acid
    By JHawk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 07:16 PM
  3. Can't buy anything from minoxidil.com ???
    By IHateGymMorons in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 02:21 PM
  4. Does Minoxidil have any affect on androgen levels?
    By Jeff Rippe in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 05:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in