First injection for TRT last night

Kleaver

Awards
I have started my TRT as of yesterday....finally. Thanks to the help of the great members here I have a great doc and things seem to be going good. I was prescribed Test C, HCG and an AI. 200mg a week.

The biggest problem I am going to have is I have a mental thing with needles. I use to be perfectly ok until I was having my blood drawn one time and I had a cold and hadn't eaten. I watched them do a a few minutes later I almost passed out...lol. I was in a big room with my other fellow marines. After that they gave me oll kind of **** every time it was time for med training, injections or anything similar. The problem is I now have this mental thing with needles.

I did manage to inject the HCG myself. It was stupid easy and I will not have any problems with this. My wonderful wife pinned me the buttocks with a bigger needle. Not very pleasant. Its sore this morning, but she had never done this before either. I think she moved it around a little by accident. Hopefully I will build up to doing it myself. I know some of you are thing what a sissy. Your right, I am a sissy with needles, bit I'll get over it if this TRT is worth it. Looking forward to the 4-5 weeks it takes to start feeling the effects. Ready to feel the change in my workouts. I've been hitting a 5x5 lately.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
200 mgs is too much of a dosage to start out with and may cause other issues such as adrenal or thyroid imbalances. I usually suggest dr to start at 30-40 mgs 2 times a week for first 5 weeks then adjusts from there. Less drug less variables to content with more bang for your buck as well as its easer on your wallet.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Congrats! Just make sure you keep running labs consistently and read as much as you can about TRT. This is a great place to learn.

Most people on here that give great advice subscribe to the less is better approach, like Matrix.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Yup definitely go with less. 75mg/week works good for me, and I can get away with 40mg-50mg/week as well.

Where did the average 100mg/week come from anyway? Or is that just a starting point to see how your body reacts?

Kleaver

Awards
My Doc who is certified in all the right places and seems to know their business pretty well thought the 200mg with HCG and an AI would be a good place to start. They know more than I do, so I was not going to argue with the dose. I did my 4th pin on Saturday and even though its early to feel the effects, I am feeling different. More focus and intensity in the gym and work and better sense of well being. I hope it continues. 4 weeks and I will have my BW done again and see where I am at.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
My Doc who is certified in all the right places and seems to know their business pretty well thought the 200mg with HCG and an AI would be a good place to start. They know more than I do, so I was not going to argue with the dose. I did my 4th pin on Saturday and even though its early to feel the effects, I am feeling different. More focus and intensity in the gym and work and better sense of well being. I hope it continues. 4 weeks and I will have my BW done again and see where I am at.
Congrats, you are in for a change in life!!

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
My Doc who is certified in all the right places and seems to know their business pretty well thought the 200mg with HCG and an AI would be a good place to start. They know more than I do, so I was not going to argue with the dose.
Unfortunately you'll find out the hard way then. Which is fine, because it's not like you're doing permanent damage. It will just take longer to get everything balanced once it gets out of whack with your current dosage. Good luck to you though man, I think you'll feel a lot better once you find out what dosages your body needs/reacts best to.

Kleaver

Awards
I here you Lexmuscle. I don't doubt what your saying. In about 4 weeks I have more BW and I'll know more. One of the things I want to avoid is zig zagging doses and changing to often. I want to give it a chance to do what the Doc wants and if its wrong we will make the change. I feel good as hell right now though. I'll take it when I can get it. I may go for a run right now actually.

rfarns01

Awards
I here you Lexmuscle. I don't doubt what your saying. In about 4 weeks I have more BW and I'll know more. One of the things I want to avoid is zig zagging doses and changing to often. I want to give it a chance to do what the Doc wants and if its wrong we will make the change. I feel good as hell right now though. I'll take it when I can get it. I may go for a run right now actually.
I think you are doing the right thing listening to your doctor, are you probably on too high a dose, yes, but let the blood work or how you feel determine that. We are all different but looking for the same ride. Good luck to you.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
For what it's worth, I am still in the "more is better phase" of my learning. I admit, so far more is indeed better, but the smarter guys like Lex probably prevail in the correct opinions and strategies. I am still being stubborn. 200Mg will not hurt you and you will indeed feel awesome, just keep a check on the labs.

dingling

Awards
A lot of folks these days are having good luck with subQ testE injects EOD.