Low testosterone NOT caused by hypogonadism? - AnabolicMinds.com

Low testosterone NOT caused by hypogonadism?

Low testosterone NOT caused by hypogonadism?

I'm 20 years old, and during a visit with my primary doctor I asked her to add a testosterone test in the blood work she had ordered for me. My testosterone level came back ~240.
    She was concerned that I might have a health problem causing the low level, and referred me to an endocrinologist. After further testing at the endocrinologist, it was determined that there isn't anything medically wrong with me and that I don't have primary or secondary hypogonadism; I simply have a low testosterone level.
    Both of these doctors, and a third doctor I consulted at an anti-aging clinic told, me that some people have lower levels than others, and since I don't have hypogonadism I shouldn't supplement testosterone.

I am not particularly satisfied with these three doctors, but I suppose they know a lot more than I do. Is it better for an active 20 year old to maintain a sub-300 level of testosterone than to try and treat it?
    I seem to have most of the symptoms of low testosterone, though my doctors don't want to treat me.

What should I do?

İİ˙∆

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

240 is extremely low for someone who is 20 years. I mean just a year ago you were a teenager.
    •   

Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chumlee View Post
    I'm 20 years old, and during a visit with my primary doctor I asked her to add a testosterone test in the blood work she had ordered for me. My testosterone level came back ~240.
    She was concerned that I might have a health problem causing the low level, and referred me to an endocrinologist. After further testing at the endocrinologist, it was determined that there isn't anything medically wrong with me and that I don't have primary or secondary hypogonadism; I simply have a low testosterone level.
    Both of these doctors, and a third doctor I consulted at an anti-aging clinic told, me that some people have lower levels than others, and since I don't have hypogonadism I shouldn't supplement testosterone.

I am not particularly satisfied with these three doctors, but I suppose they know a lot more than I do. Is it better for an active 20 year old to maintain a sub-300 level of testosterone than to try and treat it?
    I seem to have most of the symptoms of low testosterone, though my doctors don't want to treat me.

What should I do?
    Need to see more blood work and maybe some of us could help you out. Need full hormone and thyroid panel.

You need to find out why it is low.

In these cases I find
    1. Crappy lifestyles
    2. Piss poor sleep hygiene
    3. Over training not properly nutrition
    4. Hidden stressors - psychological, environmental, biological, neurological, ect.
    5. Nutritional deficiency
    6. thyroid and adrenal related issues which can be ascertained from evaluating pass history and looking for underlying pathology.

Correct sleep patterns/hygiene testosterone and cortisol can return to normal ranges.

You are having mid life crisis at 20 vs 50's. Its common these days which is scary.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Secondary hypogonadism caused by severe hemochromatosis
    By hemo sucks in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 11:29 AM
  2. Deviated Septum can cause low testosterone?
    By HQProperty in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. thyroid issues causing low testosterone?
    By smc252 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
  5. hypogonadism/low testosterone???
    By question in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 06:07 PM