Blood work, can anyone offer advice Prolactinoma

theodosio

Awards
Hello, I recently diagnosed with a pituitary adenoma causing high levels of prolactin. I have had low levels of testosterone for a few months (well its been official for a few months, but the symptoms have been going there for quite some time).
I would like some advice on what to do next. The endo I am seeing wants me to wait a few more months before doing anything about low t levels. I have been taking bromocriptine for 2 months. First month 2.5 mg once per day, and now 5mg once per day as we were not getting the results with the lower dose. She (endo) is at a bit of a loss as to why my testosterone levels are low. She is hoping that lowering prolactin will have some effect, but so far nothing. I am 34 years old. We are trying to figure out what is going on. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Here are my latest lab results.

Total T-----348 (270- 1100 ng/dL)
Free T------45 (46- 224 pg/mL)
Bio T-------98.5 (110- 575 ng/dL)
Albumin---4.8 (3.6- 5.1 g/gL)

ACTH-----14 (6- 50 pg/mL)

Cortisol-----10.9 (4.3- 22.4 ug/dl)

Prolactin----- 24 (1.4- 17.1 ng/mL)
(my Prolactin is down from 148 four weeks ago)

FSH----- 9.5 (1.00- 8.00 mIU/mL)

LH----- 2.8 (1.5- 9.3 mIU/mL)

Free T3-----2.73 (2.3- 4.2 pg/mL)
Free T4-----0.75 (0.76- 1.70 ng/dL)
TSH-----3.34 (0.35- 5.50 uIU/mL)

vassille

Awards
5mg a day, damn that's a heafty dose. Did you have pictures taken of your pituitary?
There is something disrupting pituitary signals...FSH is high and LH is low. Only thing I dont see is your estrogen levels which is a direct negative feedback to pituitary regarding your LH levels.
I hate to say it make sure there isnt anything growing on your pituitary.
BTW get another doctor opinion she seems unsure what to do and that's a bad sign.