High PSA-Dr. To stop TRT

1. Registered User

High PSA-Dr. To stop TRT

Been on trt for just over 2 years; 200 mg T Cyp e2w. Last November I convinced doc to up to 400 e2w. He did so with condition I see endo to get confirmation this is ok. Saw endo Last week (took 5 months to see her) and she ordered blood work. Got results yesterday and psa was 7.6, where high range is 4. She recommended stopping trt and get psa taken again to rule out bad test. T-test was 350 and estradiol was little over mid range at 43.
    I suggested not to stop trt suddenly but should have some kind of restart protocol. She said no. I have a month supply left and will wean off of trt and troubleshoot high psa in the meantime. While on 400 e2w ( actually injected once a week) my total estrogen went to 120, where upper range is 115. Doc didn't order the e2 sensitive test at that time. Total t at that time was only 600. T was aromatizing to e. don't have any AI.
    Question is; can high estrogen cause elevated psa?
    Anything I can do to lower psa ( assuming its not cancer and is a little infection or an anomaly )?
    What's the best protocol to wean off trt and jump start own production of hormones?
    If my psa doesn't come down dox will shut me off and I will crash.
    Appreciate any comments, suggestions.

2. Registered User

wow I'm sorry to hear this. Most likely it's not cancer definitely best to check it out, but sometimes in life there are a lot of false alarms. The idea that they could just cut you off your testosterone like that is terrible.
  3. Registered User

I know high e has links to prostate cancer but I am not sure if high e can also elevate psa.
    •   

4. Registered User

Did you have sex 3 days or sooner prior to your PSA test? I have read that sex prior to a PSA test can raise your levels.
  5. Registered User

Nope.
    Had a second psa test done 2 days after to confirm it wasn't a bad test, and the second number came back at 6.6, Down from 7.7. Urologist put me on five days of antibiotics and will retest Psa after that.
    I suspect the elevated PSA has something to do with having been on 400 mg of test since last November and the elevated estrogen.
  6. Registered User

I'm surprised you were not prescribed and AI on a weekly 200mg injection.

When was the lst time you had a PSA test prior to these? Was your PSA elevated at that time?

LEF had a great article about how to manage PSA in their magazine within the last year or so. You might try to google it to find it.
  7. Registered User

Had 2 psa's in past year and a half or so, and all came back mid normal to low normal. But frankly never thought about AI after going up to 400. moot point now as I will keep at 100 weekly, so e should stay in check with smooth weekly injections at normal dose.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    I'm surprised you were not prescribed and AI on a weekly 200mg injection.

When was the lst time you had a PSA test prior to these? Was your PSA elevated at that time?

LEF had a great article about how to manage PSA in their magazine within the last year or so. You might try to google it to find it.
    I would consider this to be almost mandatory.....agree with you 100%
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is going to happen if I stop TRT?
    By lexmuscle in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-07-2012, 09:10 AM
  2. TRT and Fertility...when to stop?
    By lboston in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 06:01 PM
  3. Doc told me to stop lifting??!!!??
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 12:14 AM
  4. How long after T-1 cycle for itching/irritation to stop?
    By The Conqueror in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 06:26 AM
  5. How to stop recurring forearm pain?
    By BigVrunga in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-20-2003, 05:55 PM