Androgel 1.62% Review/Feedback

svida

Awards
  • Established
A few months ago, I took my first total testosterone test and my results were 410ng/dl which I believe is quite low considering I'm 43yrs old. In the past I've taken PHs but haven't cycled in about a year. My doctor gave me a prescription for Androgel 1.62% @ 2 pumps/day, and my test results after 30 days dropped to 240ng/dl. He increased my dosage to 4 pumps/day and after another 30 days, my total testosterone is now up to 591ng/dl which is where we predicted I would be at that dosage. Ideally I'd like to bump up to the 800-1000 range if possible long term. Does anyone have any advice on how to further increase the absorption rate? I apply the gel after a hot shower in the morning which I've heard does help a bit. I've seen some folks try to apply Androgel with DMSO, or apply body lotion afterwards to help in absorption. Would I apply the DMSO prior to Androgel, afterwards, or both? I also apply the gel to fresh shaven or thin areas of the skin such as under the arms, or around the inner thighs. Another option would be to increase the dosage to 6 or 8 pumps/day, and perhaps spread out the dosage for a morning and afternoon dosage. In order to do this, I'd have to order some supplemental generic gel from Androrxshop which does use 10% DMSO in their solution, since my insurance only covers the maximum of 4 pumps/day. So far I really like the product and I've seen quite noticeable improvements in libido, fat loss, and minor muscle gains. The only side effects I've noticed was after the first week or two, I had minor sensitivity in the nipples which was only temporary. Right now there is an Androgel "Restoration Program" which fully pays for the prescription for the 1st year, so I haven't paid anything whatsoever for this gel. Any tips or feedback would be appreciated Thanks!

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I use dmso with my androgel....just get the spray version on eBay. Spray it on the areas then rub in the androgel. I am trying to switch from 8 pumps 1% to 8 pumps 1.62% :D first I need to ask the pharmacy if my insurance does 1.62% or not (they do)...then I just need to pull off the 8 pumps since 5 pumps is the actual equivalent in 1.62. I will be easy in the 1000's on 8 pumps 1.62. Esp if I do 10 pumps like I've been doing on the 1%...they fill it early and the pumps got LOTS of extra in there. We're talking 1200+ on gel

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP, is your doc keeping tabs or checking your e levels?
As far as I know, low maintenance dosages do not always seem to need an AI, but not sure when/if the dosages are bumped up any?
Also, I do not know what the differences in DHT conversion is when using gels, has he checked those levels also?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
DHT should def be higher on a gel vs. an injection, esp if you apply any of the pumps in the groin area. down there its probably near 100% conversion to DHT. But thats a good thing :D I wish I could have my e2 monitored though....my doc says that estrogen testing is not covered, its "for women". Hell, I'll pay that portion if need be next time I go in. The people in here who have docs who check e2 and (GOD FORBID) prescribe an AI? God bless them, and they should pray that their doc does not keel over and die and they get a numbskull replacement.

svida

Awards
  • Established
Have you definitely found that DMSO increases the amount of test that is delivered transdermal? What areas do you find work best for applying the gel? Do you think a hot shower or steam assist with delivery? When you apply DMSO, do you wait for it to dry first before applying Androgel? Do you ever apply DMSO afterwards as well? Do you think the DMSO spray is more effective than the gel/cream? Thanks!

svida

Awards
  • Established
My doc didn't order an estrogen test, only a full testosterone and lipid profile test. He is going to have me retest now every 6 months to monitor the PSA count. I'm going to request an e test next time.

svida

Awards
  • Established
Also, are you using the 8 pumps once per day or do you divide it up?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Have you definitely found that DMSO increases the amount of test that is delivered transdermal? What areas do you find work best for applying the gel? Do you think a hot shower or steam assist with delivery? When you apply DMSO, do you wait for it to dry first before applying Androgel? Do you ever apply DMSO afterwards as well? Do you think the DMSO spray is more effective than the gel/cream? Thanks!
I do 4/4, morn/night...or 5/5 or 6/6 depending on how many extra pumps I have acquired over the months. I don't "know" if the DMSO increases the absorption....just trying to maximize the absorption, and DMSO is CHEAP. Supposedly you are supposed to apply the gel first, then apply the DMSO...but I put DMSO first, then gel, and I rub it all in. DMSO dries pretty fast, but its still wet when I put the androgel on....like I said I just mix them together and rub it in with my wrists. I like the spray since it can be dispersed over a large area quickly, and the androgel is a gel so I figured to use the spray instead of the cream or gel DMSO. I have heard people say they tested after "not sweating" and sweating....and the post-sweating (like working out for instance) numbers were much higher. So I think if you apply then do something where you sort of activate it again by way of perspiring? It also helps with absorption. Makes sense, provided you aren't rubbing it all off on clothes or equipment. workout w/o a shirt on at home I guess :D or a tank top. otherwise it just "sits there" if you think about it. I live in Florida, I sweat 24/7 so I def take advantage of this protocol.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also to OP, has your doc checked your thyroid?

svida

Awards
  • Established
Yes, my thyroid was checked earlier this year and I believe everything is fine. I'll verify those results again. I've been applying DMSO for about 4 days now immediately after applying the Androgel, and I believe it's starting to make a difference. I'm going to get another blood test and find out if my test levels are increasing after a few weeks.

svida

Awards
  • Established
I've been using DMSO now for a week with 4 pumps of Androgel in the morning, and then another 2 pumps on the afternoon. I *definitely* notice a huge change now and I'm feeling pretty damn good in the gym. I've noticed a few pounds in extra water retention in the muscles, major increase in libido, stamina, etc. It reminds me of the onset of AndroMass and AndroBulk around the 3 week. I can't wait to get my bloodwork done again here in a few weeks to see where my test/e levels are measured. I also just ordered a bottle of that Phlogel Ultra that can potentially increase absorption of Androgel up to 40-50%, and I've also stocked up on a few more bottles of generic Androgel from AndroRXShop. The only downside so far in the last week is the DMSO has a bitter smell, like garlic and black pepper, though it isn't too overwhelming. I also taste garlic in my mouth a few minutes after applying the DMSO topically.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I've been using DMSO now for a week with 4 pumps of Androgel in the morning, and then another 2 pumps on the afternoon. I *definitely* notice a huge change now and I'm feeling pretty damn good in the gym. I've noticed a few pounds in extra water retention in the muscles, major increase in libido, stamina, etc. It reminds me of the onset of AndroMass and AndroBulk around the 3 week. I can't wait to get my bloodwork done again here in a few weeks to see where my test/e levels are measured. I also just ordered a bottle of that Phlogel Ultra that can potentially increase absorption of Androgel up to 40-50%, and I've also stocked up on a few more bottles of generic Androgel from AndroRXShop. The only downside so far in the last week is the DMSO has a bitter smell, like garlic and black pepper, though it isn't too overwhelming. I also taste garlic in my mouth a few minutes after applying the DMSO topically.
Yeah I think the DMSO will make a difference......but it tastes like absolute shyt :D Its one of the only things that upon injection or topical application you can taste immediately. The other is tren. I'll never use that again after a bad experience when I was younger but....yeah this stuff smells and tastes even worse. what this Phlogel? I'm willing to try it, anything to enhance absorption of that precious testosterone :D

svida

Awards
  • Established
You can learn about Phlogel Ultra from jarpharmaceutical dot com I have an inquiry with the company on how much Phlogel to mix with Androgel. They told me that we'll have to mix both first in a bowl before application.

You can order iPhlogel Ultra in the U.S. from this distributor: phlojelultra dot us
It's 100g for $33 incl S&H.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
You can learn about Phlogel Ultra from jarpharmaceutical dot com I have an inquiry with the company on how much Phlogel to mix with Androgel. They told me that we'll have to mix both first in a bowl before application.

You can order iPhlogel Ultra in the U.S. from this distributor: phlojelultra dot us
It's 100g for $33 incl S&H.
I'll check it out, and probably wait for your "review" of the stuff :D

svida

Awards
  • Established
So I have some interesting news! I only used DMSO for a couple of weeks with 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62%, and then I switched to applying a thin layer of Phlogel Ultra after applying Androgel. I just had my lab work done and the Phlogel Ultra did in fact increase my total testosterone to 1205! This is more than double the testosterone level I had with just applying 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62% independently! It's been a pretty good month in the gym as well where I hit a few new PR's and I've been shedding a bit of excess body fat, which is the only side effect so far :) I've had no skin rashes, bloating, sore nips, etc.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
So I have some interesting news! I only used DMSO for a couple of weeks with 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62%, and then I switched to applying a thin layer of Phlogel Ultra after applying Androgel. I just had my lab work done and the Phlogel Ultra did in fact increase my total testosterone to 1205! This is more than double the testosterone level I had with just applying 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62% independently! It's been a pretty good month in the gym as well where I hit a few new PR's and I've been shedding a bit of excess body fat, which is the only side effect so far :) I've had no skin rashes, bloating, sore nips, etc.
Awesome...we'll show these naysayers what's up with the gel lol. I too have been using phlogel for almost 2 weeks. Im using way more gel than you at 12 pumps of 1%...so Im probably way up there too.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm also currently on a TRT gel. I use 3 pumps a day of Axiron gel applied to the armpits. It's not so much of a gel more like a liquid. Do you think this phlogel could still work with this? Thanks man!

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I'm also currently on a TRT gel. I use 3 pumps a day of Axiron gel applied to the armpits. It's not so much of a gel more like a liquid. Do you think this phlogel could still work with this? Thanks man!
Most definitely....phlogel and DMSO will work on any skin on the body, and act as a transporter of "whatever" through the skin. And axiron is the same thing as androgel, just a different pharm company and a different application zone to make it their own. I personally would want to incorporate at least half my pumps onto the traps and delts....but I can't say for certain this makes a huge difference in how much is converted to things other than test. Phlogel is expensive as fck though, be warned, its like 100 bucks shipped for 500 grams. the little 100 gram 30 dollar container doesn't last too long.....

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most definitely....phlogel and DMSO will work on any skin on the body, and act as a transporter of "whatever" through the skin. And axiron is the same thing as androgel, just a different pharm company and a different application zone to make it their own. I personally would want to incorporate at least half my pumps onto the traps and delts....but I can't say for certain this makes a huge difference in how much is converted to things other than test. Phlogel is expensive as fck though, be warned, its like 100 bucks shipped for 500 grams. the little 100 gram 30 dollar container doesn't last too long.....
Ok thanks for the info. About how long does the 100gram $30 container of Phlogel last? Is there any sides from the Phlogel that you notice or just the increased absorption? Thanks bro!

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Ok thanks for the info. About how long does the 100gram $30 container of Phlogel last? Is there any sides from the Phlogel that you notice or just the increased absorption? Thanks bro!
I'm guessing it would last a "normal person" (as in a 4 or so pump 1.62% androgel or a 2-4 pump axiron user) about a month. I've had it for a few weeks or so, and its got abou 1/4 left in there....but I'm applying twice a day at 5-6 pumps, so I have pretty large areas to cover (and twice a day of course). But you know how much of a PITA it is to order something every month or so, its much better to get a 5-6 month supply of the stuff and just spend the $100 bucks. Hey if it doubles your absorption? It's 110% worth a few hundred bucks a year! But I do go tanning twice a week, and it said it might irritate your skin (in general or if you go into the sunlight for an extended period of time)....and I have no issues thus far. But I have yet to get my test level tested, its only been 2 weeks or so....but I'll definitely have to get down to the quickie lab down the street and get some #'s on the test. But Vida said he doubled his levels, so that is good enough for me to continue using the stuff.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff! You actually have to mix it not like DMSO right? Is mixing the Phlogel ultra and your t-gel a pain?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Good stuff! You actually have to mix it not like DMSO right? Is mixing the Phlogel ultra and your t-gel a pain?
No, you can apply the test gel first....wait a minute....then apply the phlogel in a thin layer on top. I'd suggest doing it in the morning if you apply only once per day, since you will sweat throughout the day and sort of reactivate the whole process. I really believe in sweat and that moisture helping with absorption. But yeah, if you want to??? you could mix them together on your arm or shoulder or wherever you are applying and then rub them in together. Its easier the way I explained first though.

svida

Awards
  • Established
With my usage of applying a thin layer of Phlojel across my upper chest and shoulders/back once per day after 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62%, I'm expecting my initial 100g bottle of Phlojel lasting between 1-2 months. I'm getting ready to stock up on the 500g container of Phlojel for $100 including S/H, and that should easily last 6 months. My advice is I would try it for a few weeks and get tested immediately, because it has the potential of seriously increasing the absorption rate of Androgel. I can't really comment on the 1% Androgel or Axiron gel, though just from my basic 4 pumps/day of 1.62% Androgel applied in the morning I'm having phenomenal results. I usually apply the Androgel around 7am and let it dry for a few minutes, and then follow by Phlojel in the exact same areas on my upper chest and shoulders/back. I never rotate the application sites and stick to the exact same protocol daily. I'm finding that within about 2 hours I feel that extra fullness in my muscles and I'm pretty positive I'm at my peak between 2-4 hours when I hit the gym before noon. On the day that I take my blood sample, I follow the same protocol and have the sample taken around 3-4 hours after application. I've heard that you can further increase absorption with taking a warm shower or steam room before application, or exfoliating some of the skin as well. JAR Pharmaceuticals is the Canadian company that produces Phlojel and they claim that you may be able to mix in a small portion of DMSO to further increase absorption, though I've personally ditched DMSO because of the rotten smell and garlic after taste in my mouth.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
With my usage of applying a thin layer of Phlojel across my upper chest and shoulders/back once per day after 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62%, I'm expecting my initial 100g bottle of Phlojel lasting between 1-2 months. I'm getting ready to stock up on the 500g container of Phlojel for $100 including S/H, and that should easily last 6 months. My advice is I would try it for a few weeks and get tested immediately, because it has the potential of seriously increasing the absorption rate of Androgel. I can't really comment on the 1% Androgel or Axiron gel, though just from my basic 4 pumps/day of 1.62% Androgel applied in the morning I'm having phenomenal results. I usually apply the Androgel around 7am and let it dry for a few minutes, and then follow by Phlojel in the exact same areas on my upper chest and shoulders/back. I never rotate the application sites and stick to the exact same protocol daily. I'm finding that within about 2 hours I feel that extra fullness in my muscles and I'm pretty positive I'm at my peak between 2-4 hours when I hit the gym before noon. On the day that I take my blood sample, I follow the same protocol and have the sample taken around 3-4 hours after application. I've heard that you can further increase absorption with taking a warm shower or steam room before application, or exfoliating some of the skin as well. JAR Pharmaceuticals is the Canadian company that produces Phlojel and they claim that you may be able to mix in a small portion of DMSO to further increase absorption, though I've personally ditched DMSO because of the rotten smell and garlic after taste in my mouth.
yeah they recommend using DMSO as an adjunct to their phlogel.....then they say its not necessary to use it a few sentences later lol. Also they trash DMSO in other parts of their literature. Weird. But I was initially spraying some DMSO on the areas say mid-day, to wet the area and hopefully increase absorption. As you stated, the smell and taste make me not want to incorporate it. but its dirt cheap, so maybe its worth it to just suffer with it.

svida

Awards
  • Established
When I originally contacted JAR Pharmaceuticals, they had never heard of anyone attempting to mix Androgel with their Phlojel Ultra, and they informed me that mixing the alcohol in the Androgel may weaken the properties of Phlojel and lower the absorption rate. They said instead of mixing them together, it would be best to first apply Androgel and let it penetrate the skin for a few minutes, and then apply the Phlojel Ultra. I've had such stellar results with that technique that I'm not going to risk throwing on another agent on the skin besides maybe some skin moisturizer later in the day.

svida

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I'd like to hear what your updated test results are after applying the Phlojel Ultra and see if it's as effective.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
When I originally contacted JAR Pharmaceuticals, they had never heard of anyone attempting to mix Androgel with their Phlojel Ultra, and they informed me that mixing the alcohol in the Androgel may weaken the properties of Phlojel and lower the absorption rate. They said instead of mixing them together, it would be best to first apply Androgel and let it penetrate the skin for a few minutes, and then apply the Phlojel Ultra. I've had such stellar results with that technique that I'm not going to risk throwing on another agent on the skin besides maybe some skin moisturizer later in the day.
BTW, I'd like to hear what your updated test results are after applying the Phlojel Ultra and see if it's as effective.
In the literature I read up on on the internet (there is an EXTENSIVE FAQ section on their site)....one of the FAQ's was "can I use phlogel with androgel?"....and the answer said that the author (of the FAQ I assume) doubled his test score with the addition of phlogel. I was skeptical at first at that claim, but essentially you did the same exact thing! He said he was 600's I think? and ended up over 1,000. So they do actually advocate using their product with androgel on the site.

But yeah, you have inspired me to get myself a full complement of tests ....Testosterone, E2, Prolactin, whatever might be influenced by the androgel (or other AAS I might have messed with recently). I am curious to see what is killing my libido lately....I just came off of a run of deca, so maybe prolactin is elevated? But I am taking caber and l-dopa so maybe not. Or elevated estrogen? again, I'm taking arimidex AND erase so not sure. I just need to see WTF is going on with all those numbers and figure it out. I have a feeling I might be >1,5000 or something with all the gel I apply plus the phlogel lol. I am planning on hitting up the anylabtestnow clinic this coming week some time, or maybe early the next week. Gotta call them and ask how much it is for all that I want done, so for estrogen.....I wonder if they know what "E2" is :D I hope they test for the correct estrogen number.....

rfarns01

Awards
How many products can you put under your arm pit and feel comfortable? I couldn t even stand to use anti-perspirant when on axiron not sure you could add another product. Plus the axiron caused sweating, axiron works good when you first start but becomes unstable after about 6 months. Anyways that's my experience. Go to injections and you won't have to mess with all this dmso or phylogel crap.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DHT should def be higher on a gel vs. an injection, esp if you apply any of the pumps in the groin area. down there its probably near 100% conversion to DHT. But thats a good thing .
Can you elaborate a bit more on this (with say the receptor sites etc.) and point to some links I can read up on with DHT, gels/creams and absorption sites???

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Can you elaborate a bit more on this (with say the receptor sites etc.) and point to some links I can read up on with DHT, gels/creams and absorption sites???
Well with me its more of an anecdotal thing, or an assumption I suppose, since the receptors on your testicles or penis or groin are purported to convert DHEA/Test gel etc. to DHT. These areas are higher in 5-alpha-reductase which is the enzyme responsible for the conversion of test to DHT. The first clue to this is in the androgel literature, where they explicitly state that you should never apply the gel to your genital area....obviously its converting to something other than testosterone if they 'don't want you doing it', and DHT has a bad reputation with men of course (MPB, prostate etc.). I know for a fact in studies I've seen that with the gel vs. injections there is (oftentimes but not always) considerably more DHT conversion with the gels regardless of application site. This is just a fact, I can cut and paste some of the excerpts from these studies if you like. But there is not much info on application specifically to the groin area, and what amount converts to DHT, since nobody really has done a controlled study where they apply only to the genitals for instance and then test for DHT/Testosterone. At least I have not seen any such controlled study.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey thanks for that response. Yes, that seems to echoing what I have heard actually. I have also heard conflicting reports about the DHT, however and is it true that in some places in Europe, they prescribe DHT to actually aid prostate hyperplasia?
Maybe I read it wrong but I cannot find that now.
I also seemed to read somewhere that some guys put the gel on areas with little to no actual hair follicles ie: their sides of ribs say, since there are less sites there!?
Do you know if there are any men reporting "more hair loss" after being on the gel for say 6-12 months?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Hey thanks for that response. Yes, that seems to echoing what I have heard actually. I have also heard conflicting reports about the DHT, however and is it true that in some places in Europe, they prescribe DHT to actually aid prostate hyperplasia?
Maybe I read it wrong but I cannot find that now.
I also seemed to read somewhere that some guys put the gel on areas with little to no actual hair follicles ie: their sides of ribs say, since there are less sites there!?
Do you know if there are any men reporting "more hair loss" after being on the gel for say 6-12 months?
Yeah recently estrogen has been found guilty of causing prostate issues, and DHT found 'not guilty' lol. There is a recent swing towards estrogen being the culprit for prostate issues. As far as DHT helping with BPH? not so sure on that one, but its possible. I actually also use andractim, the DHT gel, and I apply some down in the groin area and some on the lower chest...hoping to combat some pre-existing gyno issues. Andractim worked fairly well last time I had gyno issues, but I did use it in concert with a lot of DHT type gear (winny, masteron etc.) as well as anti-estrogens way back when. I still put a pump or two of androgel down there as well even though I am already using DHT gel. I always apply on shoulders, upper chest, arms and lower abdomen area (below the belly button, top of quads bottom of abdomen). I have to use additional areas since I apply so many pumps and apply twice a day. But i try to incorporate traps and delts every application....I do rub some around the flank (side) and upper abs when I go to rub off the excess from my wrists (which I use to apply instead of gloves or bare hands). But I don't apply in this area 'on purpose'.

But as for hair loss, I suppose I am one of the lucky ones who gets really no additional fallout despite using androgel AND DHT gel. I do go out of my way to use azelaic acid, topical spiro, nizoral on my head daily, and I found that nettle extract works well as a nutritional supplement for hair fallout. But I know many guys who report increased hair loss after extended periods of time on the androgel. many of whom post on this board (they may comment if they see this thread). Funny enough my balls did not shrink either despite being on a pretty hefty dose of androgel. Like I said, I must be lucky.....or I'm supplementing appropriately to combat these issues....or both.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
About the phlogel and getting test this coming week.....the distributor just emailed me that he got slammed on orders since he gave a heads up on an upcoming price increase, so he is sold out and won't be able to ship my order until sometime next week (maybe). I only have a few days worth left and was counting on this 500g jar getting here by wednesday....so there will be a break in phlogel application and I won't be able to get tested for a few more weeks. oh well. Guess I'll use the DMSO in the interim.

jamorris

Awards
First time "poster" here. Please excuse my ignorance when it comes to abbreviation's and some of the lingo.

I'm a 44 year old man with a strong athletic background in weight training and wrestling. About three months ago I spoke to my family doctor about feelings of fatigue and low energy levels. She did a blood panel on me and found I had mild "hypothyroidism". She also told me my "test" levels were 366. She gave me a scrip of levothyroxin for the thyroid issue and asked if I would like a scrip of "androgel". I agreed and began taking both medications. I was taking a 25mg tablet for thyroid and 2 pumps of 1.62 androgel a day. Immediately I felt a "stirring" inside myself that I have not felt in years. Every aspect of my "masculinity" was affected. Made excellent gains at the gym, My libido could ***** John Holmes, and I felt like the God of Thunder in the flesh. This went on for one month and I Went to my next doctors visit. After another full panel of blood work my thyroid levels came back normal and my "test levels" were 1007. I was ecstatic at this point and was making great strides at the gym. This went on for another month. Then I started to feel a "change". My energy levels seemed to had dropped slightly and I didn't have that same sense of well being I had before. After a few more weeks I was physically exhausted and psychologically drained. Workouts literally became "painful". My libido was "dead".It was at this point I began researching my symptoms "online" and found this site. I immediately stopped taking the androgel until I could find out more about what it was that caused my symptoms. The first few days without the androgel were rough but after 3 or 4 days I started to feel a little better. After a couple weeks I felt normal again. From the research I've done on this site and a few others I believe my estrogen levels may have spiked in response to the introduction of so much testosterone and caused my symptoms. I know I should have gotten blood work done but like I said I'm new to this site and still learning. I have another doctors appointment in 4 weeks and plan on telling my doctor about my experience,s. I would really like to possibly cycle with the gel from time to time but don't want to screw my system up again. If anyone could give advice or offer suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thought about discussing some type of estrogen blocker if my levels come back high. Any thoughts would be "helpful".

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright I just placed my order for the Phlojel Ultra. I will keep you guys posted on my results with the Axiron gel and Phlojel Ultra combination.

rfarns01

Awards
Alright I just placed my order for the Phlojel Ultra. I will keep you guys posted on my results with the Axiron gel and Phlojel Ultra combination.
I feel like the posters in this thread are a bunch of trollers, please let's keep this forum for its intended purpose.

Drop D

Awards
Regarding Androgel 1% vs 1.62%. I know that 1.62% has a higher concentration. However, does anyone know if it also has a higher absorption rate versus the 1%?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Regarding Androgel 1% vs 1.62%. I know that 1.62% has a higher concentration. However, does anyone know if it also has a higher absorption rate versus the 1%?
Nope....just higher concentration :D hope that wasn't considered trolling lol

rfarns01

Awards
Nope....just higher concentration :D hope that wasn't considered trolling lol
No the sales pitch for phylogel is trolling, seriously this elrock guy is actually going to put deodorant, androgel and phylogel under his pits get real. People will do anything to try and sell there products.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
No the sales pitch for phylogel is trolling, seriously this elrock guy is actually going to put deodorant, androgel and phylogel under his pits get real. People will do anything to try and sell there products.
Well, we have a few points here to address. Axiron is retarded, I 100% agree with you....the whole "lets make our product apply to a specific random oddball bodypart to set it apart from other test gels" is about the dumbest marketing approach I've ever heard of. That being said, if I wanted to take the time to shave my pits....I just might apply 2 of my 12 pumps there just to vary my application points. But shoulders (traps/delts) and upper arms, and upper chest/neck, along with wrists and underside of forearms, are the best areas to apply in my estimation....pits were the farthest thing from my mind, although the skin there seems to be pretty thin and sweaty, which are two positives in regards to absorption.

As for the Phlojel, I don't believe he is a representative for this product.....but he may be, I do not know for sure of course. Either way though, if we are in an anti-aging forum where androgel/axiron etc are known treatments used to raise test in 35+ men,, its totally fair game to talk about DMSO or phlojel or whatever dermal carrier that has proven effective. This is simply a way to improve the absorption of an anti-aging medicine. So the discussion of transdermal carriers that increase absorption of test gels is about as far from trolling as humanly possible. The guy never even posted a site, or suggested we google domestic phlojel, or anything of the sort. BTW, if you don't want to order phlojel the name brand product....you can get PLO gel kits from Malaysia that you mix up yourself and save a tremendous amount of money. It's and aqueous plus a an organic combination that you can mix up yourself and/or add in your drug straight into the mixture.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL @ me being a sales rep for Phlojel! I don't even live in the same country as the makers of the Phlogel nor could I even tell you the company name who makes it without searching for it first. I have never even heard of it before last week. You can view all my previous posts on and see I have never mentioned this product before. Now, that I have done my research on it I'm going to give it a go and see if it improves my TRT gel numbers. So I was going to share my experience with it here in this section. In hopes to help someone else out wether it is beneficial or not for me. That's what we're all pretty much doing on here in the anti-aging section. You see the trolling and sells pitches are in the supplement section.

Axiron Gel was not my first choice for my TRT treatment but my insurance would not cover Androgel and Axiron had a company promo for only $25 bucks a month. And unfortunately, my doc wont go for the shots.
And yes I am willing to put another compound onto my armpits after I apply my Axiron gel. If it has the potential to bring my numbers from 400 to 800 then yes that would be worth it to me. I figure It's worth a shot at least.

rfarns01

Awards
LOL @ me being a sales rep for Phlojel! I don't even live in the same country as the makers of the Phlogel nor could I even tell you the company name who makes it without searching for it first. I have never even heard of it before last week. You can view all my previous posts on and see I have never mentioned this product before. Now, that I have done my research on it I'm going to give it a go and see if it improves my TRT gel numbers. So I was going to share my experience with it here in this section. In hopes to help someone else out wether it is beneficial or not for me. That's what we're all pretty much doing on here in the anti-aging section. You see the trolling and sells pitches are in the supplement section.

Axiron Gel was not my first choice for my TRT treatment but my insurance would not cover Androgel and Axiron had a company promo for only $25 bucks a month. And unfortunately, my doc wont go for the shots.
And yes I am willing to put another compound onto my armpits after I apply my Axiron gel. If it has the potential to bring my numbers from 400 to 800 then yes that would be worth it to me. I figure It's worth a shot at least.
Whatever works, sorry if I offended, but you and the anabolic fellow sounded like an infomercial. Good luck to you.

Try to put the Axiron on diff. areas of your body, shoulders, bottom of forearms are good places.

Also search for alternatives because the $25 promo will run out and then what?

I was on axiron for over a year, two hours after applying was as high as 1200, 1000, and 800. But you get a severe drop after that, too big of a drop, sometimes, 500, 300, or below 200. It does not seem to get you at a stable level. Which I realize is a daily application but what a daily rollercoaster.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Whatever works, sorry if I offended, but you and the anabolic fellow sounded like an infomercial. Good luck to you.

Try to put the Axiron on diff. areas of your body, shoulders, bottom of forearms are good places.

Also search for alternatives because the $25 promo will run out and then what?

I was on axiron for over a year, two hours after applying was as high as 1200, 1000, and 800. But you get a severe drop after that, too big of a drop, sometimes, 500, 300, or below 200. It does not seem to get you at a stable level. Which I realize is a daily application but what a daily rollercoaster.
Are you mental or something? You need a psychological evaluation, never mind testosterone and estrogen bloods.

P.S.: twice a day application with topical test gels, try it some time......voila! no rollercoaster. Although I don't believe you about these 400-800 point dips in less than 24 hours...I think once a day application is adequate, but not optimal by any means (reason for my twice a day application).

rfarns01

Awards
Are you mental or something? You need a psychological evaluation, never mind testosterone and estrogen bloods.

P.S.: twice a day application with topical test gels, try it some time......voila! no rollercoaster. Although I don't believe you about these 400-800 point dips in less than 24 hours...I think once a day application is adequate, but not optimal by any means (reason for my twice a day application).

Go back to sniffing your phylogel my friend. No need for the name calling, just providing my experience with Axiron. So fuk off.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Go back to sniffing your phylogel my friend. I've moved on from the gels and most of you gel users will also. No need for the name calling, just providing my experience with Axiron. So fuk off.
name calling? "mental" is not exactly name calling.....the F word is though (hello hypocrite....oh is "hypocrite" a "name" ????? lol).....I will continue on the gel considering it gives me about 80mg of test per pump towards my total test #. 1 minute of my day twice a day is A-OK with me....no hassle really as compared to sticking a needle into myself a few times per week or more. To each his own, stop trying to push injections on people using gels.....or are you a test cyp rep for big pharma??? hmmmmmmmmm............ you come in here making false accusations at another poster, then turn around and pull a hypocrite on us by pushing injections over gels and name calling. We were better off w/o your contributions to this thread. Seek professional help buddy.

rfarns01

Awards
name calling? "mental" is not exactly name calling.....the F word is though (hello hypocrite....oh is "hypocrite" a "name" ????? lol).....I will continue on the gel considering it gives me about 80mg of test per pump towards my total test #. 1 minute of my day twice a day is A-OK with me....no hassle really as compared to sticking a needle into myself a few times per week or more. To each his own, stop trying to push injections on people using gels.....or are you a test cyp rep for big pharma??? hmmmmmmmmm............ you come in here making false accusations at another poster, then turn around and pull a hypocrite on us by pushing injections over gels and name calling. We were better off w/o your contributions to this thread. Seek professional help buddy.
Not pushing injections at all like I told elrock whatever works, if you would have read the whole comment you would have seen I was trying to help him once that $25 Axiron coupon expires he will need an alternative. I am sure he doesn't want to pay the $400.00 a month for Axiron.

Calm down dude lay off the caffeine. Geeez, no need to comment back I'm done with you.

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Not pushing injections at all like I told elrock whatever works, if you would have read the whole comment you would have seen I was trying to help him once that $25 Axiron coupon expires he will need an alternative. I am sure he doesn't want to pay the $400.00 a month for Axiron.

Calm down dude lay off the caffeine. Geeez, no need to comment back I'm done with you.
I was simply trying to convey to you how off base you were with the whole phlojel rep scenario. We don't rep for phlojel or androgel or anything else any more than you rep for test cyp suppliers. And yes, androgel is cost prohibitive for those w/o good insurance/prescription coverage. I am lucky and I get it for $6 a month....but if there comes the day I don't have this type of coverage? yes I will switch to injections since they are 1,000% cheaper. For now I am satisfied with the androgel, Elrock will probably run into problems if his insurance won't cover androgel (which is very odd by the way). So he may experience what you are suggesting, lack of topical options which are affordable. Unless they allow him to get on axiron w/o the need for coupons. It sucks when a doc won't allow you to get on injections, yet your insurance does not cover androgel.....talk about between a rock and a hard place (no pun intended regarding his username lol).

svida

Awards
  • Established
Here are my actual lab results from applying the 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62% along with Phlojel Ultra. How do they look? What are the risks of maintaining a total testosterone leveof 1205 long-term, besides possible elevated PSA values?
Testosterone Free % 2.5%: reference interval: 1.0-.27

svida

Awards
  • Established
Correction....Testosterone free reference interval is 1.0-2.7

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Provided you feel good at that level, which is what really matters, and you monitor estrogen, PSA, any cardiovascular concerns etc....and they are not out of whack, I don't see a problem with it. Although being over 1000 chronically is asking for trouble eventually if you ask me.....some of these things are bound to get out of whack and you'll be chasing after them with AI's and prostate supps or BP meds etc. You'll end up pissed off and decide to lower to a more manageable level like 700-800-900 or whatever.