Androgel 1.62% Review/Feedback

Page 10 of 18 First ... 89101112 ... Last

1. I have new blood work results for 5 pumps of Androgel + Phlojel Ultra. I started with 200mg of DIM for 2 weeks, and then increased to 400mg for weeks 3-4. My total T dropped from about 1100 to 920ng/ml, and my estradiol decreased from about 50 to 35. My estradiol has never been this low so it does appear DIM is doing it's job. My Test to E2 ratio on DIM increased from 20 to 26 and I could definitely feel it this month with an increased pump in my muscles. It actually reminded me of the same 24/7 pump I used to feel on PPs AndroMass and AndroBulk. It also appears consistent that going beyond 4 pumps of Androgel + Phlojel Ultra daily reduces my overall total T from my maximum of 1200. So my next experiment now is to stick with my sweet spot of 4 pumps of Androgel and double my dosage of DIM to 800mg daily to see if I can continue reducing my estradiol. Also, so far I've been taking DIM from Nature's Way and I'm going to try a recommended vendor called Young Again that has pure DIM: http://www.youngagain.com/magento/supplements/dim.html

2. Thanks for sharing your experience bro. It can help others.
    •   

3. Damn. I simply refuse to believe that an OTC estrogen remedy works But I'll try it, VS has their house brand with 100mg per cap and I was headed there tomorrow for whey protein anyways, so I'll have to pick some up and try it for a month.

4. I forgot to mention something really important. The absolute most prominent side effect from taking DIM is the high quality of sleep I'm getting! I used to wake up around 6am very tired, and now I'm up before 5am and I'll feel energized! It has been the oddest thing but I'm surviving on much less sleep now and I feel much more rested as well. Let me know if you experience this as well with your DIM supplement. I guess there are no side effects from DIM unless you lower your estrogen too much, which would have an adverse effect on libido. I'll let you know if increasing from 400mg/daily to 800mg/daily further reduces my estrogen. The estrogen decrease from 50 down to 35 has been very significant. Last June when I was experimenting with 6 pumps of Androgel, my E2 surged above 80! I've also noticed that the lower I drop my E2, the more ripped, cut, and defined I look. I've also gained a few pounds of muscle mass these past 4 weeks which is quite noticeable, even with adding a ton of post-workout cardio. I sure hope all this data we're all providing does help out others and I can personally say I feel *phenomenal* cruising around the 1000-1200 total test range with low E2. I was explaining this to my doctor a few days ago how Androgel in conjunction with DIM has been seriously life changing for me this year. I've probably never had as much of an Alpha Male complex --- ever.

5. I3C and DIM are estrogen channeling agents. They lower E2 by channeling it into either E1 or E3.
    •   

6. So has anyone tried using 4 mg of testosterone enanthate (3 mg actual testosterone) sublingually, or in a solution of DMSO to be applied topically or even with Phlojel Ultra? It seems like Androgel has a ton of carrier agents including alcohol and sodium hydroxide, so it there a more efficient method to deliver testosterone inexpensively? What about ordering the 10 X 250 injectable testosterone from http://www.ivitamins.org/index.php?o...t=Testosterone

7. Well, this is unrelated to your question, but related to Androgel 1.62%. My MD changed my prescription from 2 pumps ED to 4 pumps ED. My insurance, the top of the line PPO offered by my company, refused to authorize above 2 pumps per day. So, I contacted a compounding pharmacy, and then spoke to my MD, and here is the deal. Right now - assuming insurance picks up 0% (and I know it will pick up at least some of it), I can get each month's worth of compounded gel - equivalent 4 pumps of Androgel 1.62% - for $40 shipped to my house. They will compound up to 100mg/ml flat rate, for $40, above that up to 150 mg/ml is $45.

I am going for it.

I will report my results.

8. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    DHT should def be higher on a gel vs. an injection, esp if you apply any of the pumps in the groin area. down there its probably near 100% conversion to DHT. But thats a good thing I wish I could have my e2 monitored though....my doc says that estrogen testing is not covered, its "for women". Hell, I'll pay that portion if need be next time I go in. The people in here who have docs who check e2 and (GOD FORBID) prescribe an AI? God bless them, and they should pray that their doc does not keel over and die and they get a numbskull replacement.
    life extension foundation has lab specials like the male hormone panel etc for decent prices, they use labcorp to draw the blood.

9. Quote Originally Posted by abs322 View Post
    life extension foundation has lab specials like the male hormone panel etc for decent prices, they use labcorp to draw the blood.
    That post was a while ago, I convinced them to test E2 and total estrogen and even prolactin many months ago. Not that the results were what I wanted to see, but I guess thats the reason behind getting it tested, to see if its WAY too high....

10. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    Yes, applying post hot shower will definitely get that absorption rate up some. I think of it as a must and utilize this method 90% of the time. I just got bloods taken yesterday so I will update this thread with me new results (Fortesta 5pumps + Phlojel Ultra).
    do you have the results? I just switched from androgel 1.62 to fortesta due to insurance coverage issues and am curious about your lab results. I have phlojel from when I was using the androgel but haven't used it with the fortesta yet, I noticed a different feel in the texture of the "gel" between the androgel & fortesta and am wondering if the fortetsa has a better absorption %...

11. why doesnt everybody just get a script for arimidex and take .5mg day to get the e2 down? Also, if psa or dht is a problem just get a script for Avodart and take 1 tab eod or e3d's. I would also use hcg at 250 to 500 iu eod or twice a week just to stimulate the nutsack.

my t levels with 10 pumps day of real androgel 1.62 + phlojel was ~2500 ng/dl, im currently using 10 pumps day of fortesta w no phlojel and haven't had my levels checked yet. I had them checked at 6 pumps day fortesta no phlojel and they were mid 500's...

12. Quote Originally Posted by abs322 View Post
    why doesnt everybody just get a script for arimidex and take .5mg day to get the e2 down? Also, if psa or dht is a problem just get a script for Avodart and take 1 tab eod or e3d's. I would also use hcg at 250 to 500 iu eod or twice a week just to stimulate the nutsack.

my t levels with 10 pumps day of real androgel 1.62 + phlojel was ~2500 ng/dl, im currently using 10 pumps day of fortesta w no phlojel and haven't had my levels checked yet. I had them checked at 6 pumps day fortesta no phlojel and they were mid 500's...
    I get 900-1200 on 9 pumps of 1% So I believe you. I am stockpiling the 1% pumps so I can do an 8 week cycle with hdrol at 16 pumps per day, about equivalent to your 10 X 1.62%, and I figured to get 2,000-2,500 on it.
    But if you think doctors prescribe arimidex with TRT? you are SADLY mistaken I'd say closer to 99% of endos and GP's treat arimidex as if its the plague. My GP said he could get his license revoked for prescribing something for other than the suggested usage. He said that. And the endo? he said its against the so and so rules to do so. They are mostly clueless. and as for avodart? If you want to castrate yourself by killing your DHT, have at it....no way I'm creating a mess like that by crushing my DHT and elevating my estrogen through the roof.

13. Quote Originally Posted by abs322 View Post
    do you have the results? I just switched from androgel 1.62 to fortesta due to insurance coverage issues and am curious about your lab results. I have phlojel from when I was using the androgel but haven't used it with the fortesta yet, I noticed a different feel in the texture of the "gel" between the androgel & fortesta and am wondering if the fortetsa has a better absorption %...
    My blood work came back at 714 Total T, which I'm pretty happy with because I feel good here. My free T came back on the high side which I like and my e2 was nice and low at 11. Remember everyone's skin will absorb the T gel differently, but I like to control the things I can like adding Phlojel ultra, apply post shower and apply to thinner skinned areas, etc.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    My blood work came back at 714 Total T, which I'm pretty happy with because I feel good here. My free T came back on the high side which I like and my e2 was nice and low at 11. Remember everyone's skin will absorb the T gel differently, but I like to control the things I can like adding Phlojel ultra, apply post shower and apply to thinner skinned areas, etc.
    It sounds like the phlojel is helping with the fortesta absorption, i think i will start adding it to my protocol too. The fortesta has a strange powdered greasy residue feel when dried as opposed to the androgel which is more watery but dries with no residue (unless phlojel is applied over) so i wasnt sure if the phlojel would benefit since fortesta uses a different carrier from androgel, but my lab work was not very high on 6 pumps of fortesta so ill try adding phlojel over it.

15. Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicHolic View Post
    I get 900-1200 on 9 pumps of 1% So I believe you. I am stockpiling the 1% pumps so I can do an 8 week cycle with hdrol at 16 pumps per day, about equivalent to your 10 X 1.62%, and I figured to get 2,000-2,500 on it.
    But if you think doctors prescribe arimidex with TRT? you are SADLY mistaken I'd say closer to 99% of endos and GP's treat arimidex as if its the plague. My GP said he could get his license revoked for prescribing something for other than the suggested usage. He said that. And the endo? he said its against the so and so rules to do so. They are mostly clueless. and as for avodart? If you want to castrate yourself by killing your DHT, have at it....no way I'm creating a mess like that by crushing my DHT and elevating my estrogen through the roof.
    I got a script for arimidex, test cyp, androgel/fortesta, caber, avodart & nuvigil.. it took a long time and a lot of work to present the info to my doc and finally acquire the scripts i wanted, actually many office visit debates took place, but in the end i have everything covered under insurance, the only items i still have to get on the "market" is my hcg, hmg & other "peptides"

as for the avodart, if dht or high psa is a problem then it's a much better choice over the finasteride..you can stil maintain high testerone levels while keeping dht and estrogen in check at low normal ranges.

16. I am on my third day of the compounded product.

It blows Androgel away.

I can feel the product to the extent I never felt Androgel.

I have to assume that the absorption rate is higher.

The carrier is like a cross between Phlojel and the Androgel carrier. After it dried, I applied Phlojel, same as I have been.

So far, I am delighted.

And all of this at a much lower price than I would have paid for the patented product.

17. Does anyone have experience using Formestane topical? Can it be applied at the same site as Androgel and Phlojel, or should it be applied at another location? Any tips? Thanks!

18. Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    Does anyone have experience using Formestane topical? Can it be applied at the same site as Androgel and Phlojel, or should it be applied at another location? Any tips? Thanks!
    Different site
    Everything I say is fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Do not ask me for sources. I dont have any.

19. Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    Does anyone have experience using Formestane topical? Can it be applied at the same site as Androgel and Phlojel, or should it be applied at another location? Any tips? Thanks!
    I use formastane with Androgel daily. It works great. I have recently switched Androforte. Generic Androgel is no longer available.

20. Interesting...I just saw that Androforte website. How do you like it so far? What product do you use that has Formestane? I'm looking into the Formeron topical gel to complement my Androgel 1.62+Phlojel Ultra, plus I'm sticking with my DIM as well. This next year I'm going to look into compounding my own test powder + phlojel ultra...

21. Yeah, boy.

22. Has Androgel had any effect on PSA?

23. Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    Interesting...I just saw that Androforte website. How do you like it so far? What product do you use that has Formestane? I'm looking into the Formeron topical gel to complement my Androgel 1.62+Phlojel Ultra, plus I'm sticking with my DIM as well. This next year I'm going to look into compounding my own test powder + phlojel ultra...
    I use both Formerone and Formestane by BPS. Let me know how compounding works. I thought about it myself.

24. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I use both Formerone and Formestane by BPS. Let me know how compounding works. I thought about it myself.
    How do you like the Androforte? That is a sack application, right?

I believe the Generic product you used to use can still be had, at least for a few more weeks.

25. Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    Has Androgel had any effect on PSA?
    Not for me at least....PSA came back booty-ful.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Androgel 1.62% Feedback?
    By svida in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM
  2. M1, 4ADD / Epi cycle review/feedback
    By ktatro1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 04:08 PM
  3. 16 week Intermediate cycle review-feedback needed
    By Generallee in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 04:41 PM
  4. Intra-Aid: Reviews, Feedback, Thoughts, Etc.
    By Universal Rep in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:03 AM