Attempting complete restart after 4 years of TRT

1. Attempting complete restart after 4 years of TRT

I have been on an HCG and Arimidex protocol for 2 years. HCG taken Mon, Wed, Fri @ 1250 iu each. Arimidex same days @ 1mg each. That keeps my TT level around 900, Free T around 230. E is always good. LH and FSH are always near zero because of the exogenous LH (HCG).

My body is obviously capable of producing the hormones.

-History
    When I first got on TRT in 2009, I was uneducated so it was strictly Test injections or gel (typical doctor). After 9 months of being on it, I freaked out when I realized it shut down my sperm production. So I went to a fertility doc who put me on solo Clomid. My sperm came back in 3 months but LH never really went high enough to jump-start Test. I did that for about 6 months. After that I went back on test injects with small amounts of HCG to keep sperm production. Later, I decided to try HCG solo and here I am today and have been very happy with everything.

Now I want to try a very thorough restart protocol to see what my body can do. Since my only dealings with Clomid were by itself and with minimal results, I'm thinking a mix of the following plan might stand a chance. See below:

-1st 2 months:
    ----HCG/1250 iu Mon, Wed, Fri (same as I'm doing now)
    ----Clomid/50 mg daily

-Next 15 days (if tests show LH, FSH responding from Clomid)
    ----Clomid/50 mg daily
    ----HCG/600 iu Mon, Wed, Fri
    ----HMG/75 iu every day for 15 days
    ----Will stop HCG at end of the 15 days

-Next ?? months (depending on periodic labs)
    ----Clomid/50 mg
    ----Phase out Clomid if LH, FSH, and Test start to kick in
    at good levels

I will do some well reviewed brand of natural test booster during the whole course of this. Anybody suggest a brand? I will also be doing pregnenolone for the duration.
    I will monitor E levels and use AI accordingly.

I'm definitely going to try this. I will take any suggested additions, time-frame changes, or any other helpful advice.

Hopefully, someone on here has had some success that lasted. I have a very good doc that understands the dynamics of all these hormones and will monitor this accordingly.
    Last edited by trytestim; 05-17-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: left out a word
    My profile name is wrong. I do not recommend trying TESTIM. It is a smelly sticky mess. I was a newby when I tried it. Go Androgel and compounded!

2. Im surprised there is no one.
    My profile name is wrong. I do not recommend trying TESTIM. It is a smelly sticky mess. I was a newby when I tried it. Go Androgel and compounded!

3. im very interested in this im only 23 and have been on hrt for over a year now and would love to try a re start but am afriad of no test
    •   

4. bro you've been on trt for 4 years so i just wanna ask you that did you lose hair on trt or your hair is same like before trt...i am gonna start trt but i am worrying about my hair

5. Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    im very interested in this im only 23 and have been on hrt for over a year now and would love to try a re start but am afriad of no test
    Who prescribed a 22 year old trt? That is just irresponsible

6. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Who prescribed a 22 year old trt? That is just irresponsible
    i'll be turning 25 in august and will be on trt this year.....its not that big deal people can have low test at any age

7. Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    i'll be turning 25 in august and will be on trt this year.....its not that big deal people can have low test at any age
    Well you said you were 23 so i was going off of that sorry. At that age low test isn't because your body cant produce properly but rather because of something in your daily routine like sleeping habits, drinking, smoking, high soy or tofu in diet, missing elements in diet, and so much more. If your want to fix your low test at the age don't go to a doctor for trt but rather fix what is wrong in your daily routine and i GUARANTEE you will raise your test into normal range and maybe even higher

8. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Well you said you were 23 so i was going off of that sorry. At that age low test isn't because your body cant produce properly but rather because of something in your daily routine like sleeping habits, drinking, smoking, high soy or tofu in diet, missing elements in diet, and so much more. If your want to fix your low test at the age don't go to a doctor for trt but rather fix what is wrong in your daily routine and i GUARANTEE you will raise your test into normal range and maybe even higher
    i took finasteride for hair loss which made me hypogondal and only trt can fix it now

9. Quote Originally Posted by phoenix12 View Post
    i took finasteride for hair loss which made me hypogondal and only trt can fix it now
    Bull sh*t! Who told you that?

10. Finasteride doesn't even effect amount of test you produce it just lowers the conversion of test to dht. Which is probably why you felt like you had low t but after discounting you could have returned easily without being an idiot being on trt at "23/24/25 OR whatever age you are"

11. Finasteride causes a multiple issues with in the immune, neuro and endocrine system. If these are not properly addressed then recovery will be less likely. Fini down regulates dopamine receptors, triggers immune system responses resulting in potential increase in opportunistic infections, does effect hormone receptors primarily dht. These are just some of the things. TrT has its place, but clinically I see it helping symptoms as well as masking deeper issues. Why one needs to see the whole picture to see truly what is going on. In some cases its no different then using an antidepressants to help with depression when the depression is from another source. No harm in using it as a bridge to make one feel better, but look to find out what is causing it. 25 year old complaining of fatigue and low hormones. I did detailed history and made suggestions to his open minded doctor to get tested. Results and history comfirmed CDC positive lyme. This is just one case of many. Doctor need to be taught to think out side the box and how everything is connected.
    .. This is for guys 30 or under..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

12. Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Finasteride causes a multiple issues with in the immune, neuro and endocrine system. If these are not properly addressed then recovery will be less likely. Fini down regulates dopamine receptors, triggers immune system responses resulting in potential increase in opportunistic infections, does effect hormone receptors primarily dht. These are just some of the things. TrT has its place, but clinically I see it helping symptoms as well as masking deeper issues. Why one needs to see the whole picture to see truly what is going on. In some cases its no different then using an antidepressants to help with depression when the depression is from another source. No harm in using it as a bridge to make one feel better, but look to find out what is causing it. 25 year old complaining of fatigue and low hormones. I did detailed history and made suggestions to his open minded doctor to get tested. Results and history comfirmed CDC positive lyme. This is just one case of many. Doctor need to be taught to think out side the box and how everything is connected.
    .. This is for guys 30 or under..
    I totally agree i have had some unusual symptoms recently, especially for my age, and all these doctor essentially have given up on it because its not a common thing they diagnose. So it looks like i will be living my life with whatever i have that's is causing these symptoms. I hate how narrow minded doctors are and after talking to some people that are in med school right now they are saying they are essentially taught to be narrow minded.

13. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    I totally agree i have had some unusual symptoms recently, especially for my age, and all these doctor essentially have given up on it because its not a common thing they diagnose. So it looks like i will be living my life with whatever i have that's is causing these symptoms. I hate how narrow minded doctors are and after talking to some people that are in med school right now they are saying they are essentially taught to be narrow minded.
    bro did you use finasteride too ???

14. No im only 18

15. Yes they are brain washed in med school to focus on symptoms not causation as well how to see up to 40-50 people a day. How the hell can you properly care for someone in 10 minutes? This why my fiancee is going for nurse practitioner not MD because she does not want to deal with the traditional mentality and big pharma. We went out with some of her class mates over the weekend. They all knew how she was a head of the curve. Once they knew how she had the advantage of working with MDs from various fields in different states as well as going to integrative medical seminar and conference we attended then theu understood why. Huge paradigm shift is on its way here and also in uk in the future. Time for change long over due..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need Protocol For Going Natural After 3 Years of TRT
    By skih00k in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2011, 11:15 PM
  2. HELP: Getting balls bigger after 4 years of TRT
    By Whacked in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 12:32 PM
  3. Restart after TRT
    By dailychange in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1