more or less new to TRT

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71%

more or less new to TRT

i am 36 and was diagnosed as having low testosterone in june. i have been prescribed 1 ml every two weeks (injections). when i was diagnosed i was at 72 ng/dl and was told normal range was from 250-1100. anyway, i got some blood work done last month and my testosterone was at 147 ng/dl. the free levels were at 38.4 which apparently reads as normal (paper says normal is 35.0-155.0).

i changed my diet by watching carbohydrates and eating more vegetables and initially lost some weight. about 20 pounds, but i am a very heavy guy and have always had trouble with weight. i am reasonably active but have for the last year just felt terrible. my weight fluctuates during the week regularly by 10-12 pounds which i am sure is water weight. i am on a diuretic, but it doesnt seem to control it.

i was never prescribed a estrogen inhibitor and when i have asked about it i am told that it simply isnt prescribed to men, so i am at a loss as to why everyone seems to talk about it on the web. of course looking up information on TRT is a pain because of all the weight lifting sites and there being a lot of information to go over. and trust me i have looked.

is there anything over the counter that wont cost a fortune that will take care of testosterone/estrogen conversion? is there a better way to appraoch my doctor about arimidex? and is there any supplements that are out there that do help with weight loss?

thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.33%

You could buy an AI from a research chemical website.

Next time your doctor orders blood work, insist on getting estradiol tested. If it is high, then you have a reason to get a prescription for it. If the doctor still won't prescribe it, either go with the research chemical route or find a new doctor.

If you want to lose weight, stop eating so much.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 27 and new to TRT...looking for advice!
    By lboston in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 10:49 PM
  2. 28 new to TRT would love feedback on protocol
    By getalpha in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 05:34 PM
  3. New to TRT need help
    By Bigdaddy46 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
  4. Replies: 11