TRT dose adjustments

  1. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    TRT dose adjustments


    To keep things brief- my doctor lowered me back to a 2mg androderm patch down from 4mg.

    I felt great at 4mg and notice a rather large difference back at 2mg but he won't prescribe any more 4mg patches.

    I do, howeverr, have a bottle of androgel 1.62 w/ 5 refills. Androgel 1.62 has 20mg of test per pump- absorption rate is 10% I'm pretty sure.. SO if I use my 2mg patch plus one pump of 1.62%, that should = the 4 mg total I WAS getting, correct?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

  2. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bump
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  3. Senior Member
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,435
    Rep Power
    27391
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    5.51%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Find a new dr
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydollars View Post
    Find a new dr
    Would love to but my insurance changed and sucks.. So cAn u possibly tell me if my math from op is correct?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  5. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bump please and thanks
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  6. New Member
    bad rad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    1916
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    69.95%

    I would do use the gel too but get bloods to confirm your levels. I tried gels and absorbed very little of it, so like said above start shopping for a new doc. For me injections are the ticket, I stable bloods at low doses.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.
  7. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post
    I would do use the gel too but get bloods to confirm your levels. I tried gels and absorbed very little of it, so like said above start shopping for a new doc. For me injections are the ticket, I stable bloods at low doses.
    Yea I didn't absorb much of the gel. Im thinking gel in morning after showering and replacing my patch at night like I have been doing since starting in October. I went from 280 to 679 in 1 month. But dropped to 577 after 3 months... I felt much better at 679-700 range ...
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. New Member
    bad rad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    1916
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    69.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yea I didn't absorb much of the gel. Im thinking gel in morning after showering and replacing my patch at night like I have been doing since starting in October. I went from 280 to 679 in 1 month. But dropped to 577 after 3 months... I felt much better at 679-700 range ...
    At 24 you should be closer to the top naturally so that's where I would want my levels. You can adjust them down as you age.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.
  9. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bad rad View Post

    At 24 you should be closer to the top naturally so that's where I would want my levels. You can adjust them down as you age.
    Right, I agree. I can't get more bloodwork til mid feb-early march.. I don't wanna give myself too much because dropping back down is not fun... So can anyone quickly say whether the 1 pump of 1.62 and 2mg patch = 4mg patch about
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  10. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bump for more opinions
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  11. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Why? is the main question. Are you masking some thing else causing the low testosterone? As normally you are looking at symptoms vs cause..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Why? is the main question. Are you masking some thing else causing the low testosterone? As normally you are looking at symptoms vs cause..
    That is a question for the ages- we dont know why. My initial bloods showed everything in normal range except for the total and free test..

    My dr. Thinks I may have caused some irreversible damage to my endocrine system from 2.5 years of anorexia, supplement abuse, and over exercise where I went from 190 to 94 lbs and was in ICU hours from death... I had renal issues- they stopped concentrating for about a week until they gave me a special hormone to make them do so- and extrnely high bun levels .

    I did not produce semen or sperm for a year, maybe a little longer. Tbis was at age 16-18... Crucial development time...
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  13. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Diet and sleep/ stressors all very in check.. Idk what could be yhecause.. And he didn't do much in the way of investigation- I'd love to know why- but I'm also glad to not feel that way anymore... Still, would love to be able to know why- I am also worried about losing fertility. As I said I am 24. Been with my gf for 2.5 years and we talk often about future plans- which r sooner than later.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Diet and sleep/ stressors all very in check.. Idk what could be yhecause.. And he didn't do much in the way of investigation- I'd love to know why- but I'm also glad to not feel that way anymore... Still, would love to be able to know why- I am also worried about losing fertility. As I said I am 24. Been with my gf for 2.5 years and we talk often about future plans- which r sooner than later.
    Probably damaged hpta. probably respond to.clomid well. your gi tract probably took a beating from.starvation and.nutritional deficiency. Many factors.need to be addressed for sure..Red and.orange ink tats are high in.mercury content.just an.fyi ..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

    Probably damaged hpta. probably respond to.clomid well. your gi tract probably took a beating from.starvation and.nutritional deficiency. Many factors.need to be addressed for sure..Red and.orange ink tats are high in.mercury content.just an.fyi ..
    I had a reaction to the dark red ink.. It has finally subsided after almost 2 months.

    When I mentioned clomid before starting test, my dr just laughed and Said "no absolutely not"
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  16. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I had a reaction to the dark red ink.. It has finally subsided after almost 2 months.

    When I mentioned clomid before starting test, my dr just laughed and Said "no absolutely not"
    Find another dr, plan and.simple.
    still there are deeper issues.need to be explored. Doctors can be lazy in majority.of cases. Sit back and get.big bucks for.writing scripts for drugs instead of taking the time.to look.for.root cause. Too many cases i am.dealing with guys put on trt underlying cause is just being masked result in bigger health issues down thw road. If people.where well doctors.would.not have as many jobs...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  17. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

    Find another dr, plan and.simple.
    still there are deeper issues.need to be explored. Doctors can be lazy in majority.of cases. Sit back and get.big bucks for.writing scripts for drugs instead of taking the time.to look.for.root cause. Too many cases i am.dealing with guys put on trt underlying cause is just being masked result in bigger health issues down thw road. If people.where well doctors.would.not have as many jobs...
    I can get another dr but the bloods are not being covered thru my insurance anymore. At this time last year all I ever had was a 20$ copay.. Now in still paying off BW n office visits from October!
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  18. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    So would it be detrimental to add the one pump of 1.62... This wpuld theoretically put me
    Back at 4mg daily..
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  19. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    So would it be detrimental to add the one pump of 1.62... This wpuld theoretically put me
    Back at 4mg daily..
    It may make you feel good for time being, but you still need to keep looking for other issues. Case I been working on for a few years, guy was on TRT for 10 years. After running through everything in the book coming up nothing significant by any means by using tight measurements of lab testing. We decided to go at the genetic level. This is where we say the real hidden picture of having multiple genetic mutations. After 3-4 months of correcting the pathways, anxiety which was not resolved on TRT cleared up. 10 years on TRT and he finally is starting to loose weight after clearing out all the hidden inflammation which has been occuring. He was so locked up with heavy metals due to improper detox pathways surprise he did not have cancer (probably would have in 10 -15 years). Hes finally able to stablize his e2 levels after several years of chasing wood with adex. Again TRT had it place at one time, but did not solve all his anxiety, weight gain, and addicition to food and smoking. Through modulation of the DRD2 gene and identifying the GAD1 mutations it was easy where his behavior pattern was stemming from. Finally resolved...

    Testosterone may even make a pre existing heavy metal toxicity worse. Again its only speculation, but with the human body anything is possible.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  20. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

    It may make you feel good for time being, but you still need to keep looking for other issues. Case I been working on for a few years, guy was on TRT for 10 years. After running through everything in the book coming up nothing significant by any means by using tight measurements of lab testing. We decided to go at the genetic level. This is where we say the real hidden picture of having multiple genetic mutations. After 3-4 months of correcting the pathways, anxiety which was not resolved on TRT cleared up. 10 years on TRT and he finally is starting to loose weight after clearing out all the hidden inflammation which has been occuring. He was so locked up with heavy metals due to improper detox pathways surprise he did not have cancer (probably would have in 10 -15 years). Hes finally able to stablize his e2 levels after several years of chasing wood with adex. Again TRT had it place at one time, but did not solve all his anxiety, weight gain, and addicition to food and smoking. Through modulation of the DRD2 gene and identifying the GAD1 mutations it was easy where his behavior pattern was stemming from. Finally resolved...

    Testosterone may even make a pre existing heavy metal toxicity worse. Again its only speculation, but with the human body anything is possible.
    Right that makes a lot of sense. And as I said we/I have no clue what caused such so low numbers at age 24. And even 23 low 300s.

    I wish I could work with someone so eager and knowledgable. But like u said. Most doctors jst want to write their rx and collect their $

    So now what. I know we have dabbled in working together n have not, but it seem like u might hVe interest in my case?
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Right that makes a lot of sense. And as I said we/I have no clue what caused such so low numbers at age 24. And even 23 low 300s.

    I wish I could work with someone so eager and knowledgable. But like u said. Most doctors jst want to write their rx and collect their $

    So now what. I know we have dabbled in working together n have not, but it seem like u might hVe interest in my case?
    That for you to decide ..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

    That for you to decide ..
    How so.. What r the options / standard procedures for beginning
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  23. Elite Member
    chedapalooza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,979
    Rep Power
    2519117
    Level
    74
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    And is my math correct? I haven't done it yet, but symptoms seem ro be worsening
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  24. New Member
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    653
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    54.62%

    There is no set hard and fast rule. You will have to experiment to see where your body well have you at. Everyone absorbs a little bit differently, start applying it at the amount you feel is close, then get blood drawn to see where you are at when you feel best.
  25. New Member
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    653
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    54.62%

    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post

    How so.. What r the options / standard procedures for beginning
    Email or call him, he can refer you to a doctor he can work with if th ere us one near you. Do not count on insurance at all, they pretty much only support traditional sick care methods of thrown drugs by the bucket at you.
  26. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    Email or call him, he can refer you to a doctor he can work with if th ere us one near you. Do not count on insurance at all, they pretty much only support traditional sick care methods of thrown drugs by the bucket at you.
    I have a lot of connections to specialists who be glad to refer to. If not there are other options.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HCG AND TRT DOSING
    By bigsexy74 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM
  2. Increase in TRT dose
    By lucky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 05:39 PM
  3. trt dose and the individual
    By yari777 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 09:48 PM
  4. "H" dose adjustments??
    By xtraflossy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 02:21 PM
  5. Clomid/Nolva dosing: Adjust for the citrate?
    By Tie in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in