Low Testosterone ?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Answers

Low Testosterone ?

am a 32 year old guy married for 11 months. Libido is practically non-existent for me. I also suffer from mild erectile dysfunction. Majority of the time (which is not much) I am able to penetrate. But there are times when it is a flop show. I also feel tired and depressed. I consulted a doctor, who put me through a battery of tests. However he said I am normal.

I feel the same way still. No Improvement. My Test results are as follows

Testosterone ----------------- 373.29 ng/ml ---------- Normal (241 - 827)

Free Testosterone ------------ 19.83 pg/ml ----------- Normal (8.90 - 42.5)

Prolactin --------------------- 10.98 ng/ml ----------- Normal (2.1 - 17.7)

FSH ------------------------- 3.58 mIU/ml ----------- Normal (1.5 - 12.4)

LH -------------------------- 2.18 mIU/ml ----------- Normal (1.7 - 8.6)

Are the numbers okay? How should I proceed further?

On the advice of a friend I am currently taking mucuna Pruriens 1.5 gms a day divided into 3 doses for the past one week. There is some improvement.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Find out why!!
    Actually 30% of.population has drd2 gene mutation which can down regulate dopamine receptors impacting ones response to own testosterone. This is why looking at other factors before TRT is crucial by a knowledgeable person. As many have found they end up.shooting themselves in the foot never solving the problem, but creating more ..Take a step.back and look.at all the guys chasing hormones ..They may be better but rarely do they get well..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Find out why!!
    Actually 30% of.population has drd2 gene mutation which can down regulate dopamine receptors impacting ones response to own testosterone. This is why looking at other factors before TRT is crucial by a knowledgeable person. As many have found they end up.shooting themselves in the foot never solving the problem, but creating more ..Take a step.back and look.at all the guys chasing hormones ..They may be better but rarely do they get well..
    Hi Matrix, I haven't heard about that drd2 gene mutation, but is there any solution for that, anything to upregulate D2 receptors?
    I know of a couple things that increase dopamine firing (stablon is a great option), but anything that could be more permanent?

Sorry to get off topic from original poster's questions, could prove to be useful though for many people. I think there was a thread in this forum on dopamine which I was part of before (I had offered a bunch of suggestions) but I'm curious about any you may have as well.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Look up.reward deficiency syndrome. I use this gene mainly in cases where addiction alcohol and drug abuse is associated with. It now showing a possible solution for other issues men are dealing with. I deal with a lot of neurological cases. Ocd depression schizophrenia and anxieties seizures are the common. I have colleague who is Dr Blum best friend and has helped him write published paper.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Answers

hello matrix,

Thanks for your reply

I am not looking at TRT because I also want to increase fertility not decrease it. The above harmonal tests were performed as part of an infertility work-up which reported low - normal numbers on every parameter like sperm count -27 million/ml.

well I hope increasing dopamine also increases testosterone. The mucuna seems to be doing the job. I feel more alert now & importantly more peaceful. Somehow over the last couple of days, I feel more confident on tackling the entire raft of problems I am facing in my life. The right word would be I feel motivated.

One more clarification. anyone in here please. Are my prolactin levels on the high side of normal? I read that the optimum / ideal should be around 5.

Thanks again
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Answers

It's interesting that you ask, because Prolactin is usually lowered via dopamine levels. Dopamine has an inhibitory effect on prolactin, so there could be a connection there possibly, but not surely.

You can look into natural things like Vitex, to try to bring it down. 5 is a good level, yes. You don't want to crush your prolactin very low though so be careful with things that may lower it.

Btw, have you ever had a pituitary MRI done? Might be worth getting, especially when T is lowered and Prolactin is elevated. Simple & quick way to rule out any issues with the pituitary is to get the MRI.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Low dopamine level increases prolactin. sterility issues are usually found in lifestyle or nutritional imbalances not so much hormonal. All these need to be evaluated.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone Linked to Increased Mortality
    By oswizzle in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
  2. Low Testosterone
    By biker340 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 08:11 PM
  3. Low Testosterone - hidden health problem
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 01:33 AM
  4. low testosterone guys at 17
    By dark_star in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 03:58 AM
  5. My Pre - Superdrol Blood Work - Low Testosterone?
    By IntensePump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-04-2005, 10:14 PM