Too young for this, but...

  1. New Member
    lowfreeT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

    Unhappy Too young for this, but...


    It looks like I have low T (or atleast low Free T). This is my first time posting here on the anabolic forums. I thought it would be a good idea to ask some more knowledgeable users what they think of my situation. I'm only 24 years old and am pretty healthy with dieting and exercise, but here are my numbers. This test was taken at a place called "Any Lab Test Now", no docs orders were needed.

    Testosterone: 577
    SHBG: 61
    Free: 81
    % Free: 1.4%

    My symptoms are typical of low testosterone... lethargy, low sex drive, and mild depression.

    I'm a little shocked that my numbers are this way at my age, but thinking back I now realize that my energy has been on a slow decline for about about a year or two now. My question now is, should I go see a urologist about this, or should I try and supplement and diet to try and lower my SHBG and estradiol (don't have the numbers on this one, just assuming its high) to free up more testosterone. I've heard foods like broccoli are helpful for this. Does anyone have experience in lowering their SHBG and estradiol through dieting? How hard is this to do and what are some other natural ways I could try improving my levels? If I need to go see a doctor that's a valid answer too. I'm just a little hesitant about going on any TRT at my age considering I'm married and am thinking about future fertility issues. Thanks in advance.

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lowfreeT View Post
    It looks like I have low T (or atleast low Free T). This is my first time posting here on the anabolic forums. I thought it would be a good idea to ask some more knowledgeable users what they think of my situation. I'm only 24 years old and am pretty healthy with dieting and exercise, but here are my numbers. This test was taken at a place called "Any Lab Test Now", no docs orders were needed. Testosterone: 577 SHBG: 61Free: 81% Free: 1.4%My symptoms are typical of low testosterone... lethargy, low sex drive, and mild depression. I'm a little shocked that my numbers are this way at my age, but thinking back I now realize that my energy has been on a slow decline for about about a year or two now. My question now is, should I go see a urologist about this, or should I try and supplement and diet to try and lower my SHBG and estradiol (don't have the numbers on this one, just assuming its high) to free up more testosterone. I've heard foods like broccoli are helpful for this. Does anyone have experience in lowering their SHBG and estradiol through dieting? How hard is this to do and what are some other natural ways I could try improving my levels? If I need to go see a doctor that's a valid answer too. I'm just a little hesitant about going on any TRT at my age considering I'm married and am thinking about future fertility issues. Thanks in advance.
    Find out why SHBG is going up. Check privatelabsmd use female women homone profile to check for estroadiol. TRT would not be a wise choice resulting in causing more issues. If you have specific questions PM me be glad to answer them
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member
    Mr.TT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    313
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    86.89%

    Please post ranges with all lab numbers.
    Was your blood drawn first thing in the morning? Testosterone drops throughout the day.
    There is a STICKY above (LifeExtension: Male Hormone Modulation Therapy), it is a start.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    qwerty42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    633
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    47.93%

    Your Testosterone is not low. TRT is not the answer for you.
  5. Professional Member
    napalm's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,275
    Rep Power
    438362
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    95.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty42
    Your Testosterone is not low. TRT is not the answer for you.
    I'd argue that at 24, he's on the low end of the spectrum. We do need more than one data point though.

    Matrix is correct, (god I hate saying that ) shbg needs to be investigated further
  6. New Member
    lowfreeT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Find out why SHBG is going up. Check privatelabsmd use female women homone profile to check for estroadiol. TRT would not be a wise choice resulting in causing more issues. If you have specific questions PM me be glad to answer them
    Thanks Matrix, That makes sense about estradiol, that could be a big factor, I'll look into getting that tested.

    Sorry for not posting ranges before. Here are the ones listed on my lab report, and yes I had them tested in the morning. They're not specific to my age group, these are the "normal" numbers for 20-70 year olds, and from what I've seen normal definitely does not equal optimal in this area.

    TESTOSTERONE: 577
    Range: 280-1070 ng/dL
    SEX HORMONE BIND. GLOB: 61
    Range: 13-71 nmol/L
    FREE TESTOSTERONE (CALC): 81
    Range: 47 -244 pg/m L
    % FREE TESTOSTERONE (CALC): 1.4
    Range: 1.6-2.9 %

    All the numbers except the % Free lie within the "normal" range, but from what I've researched anything below 150 pg/ml Free is when symptoms start to appear, and a level of around 200-250 pg/ml Free at my age is really where I should be at. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but here's some info from a testosterone doctor's site I stumbled across...

    A healthy male will have a free testosterone level of at least 200pg – a level of 250pg to 350pg is ideal. (depending on the lab doing the test, you may need to move the decimal point to get a comparable number)

    Though levels may very, “normal testosterone levels in men” are generally as follows:

    Testosterone Levels By Age Male

    Hormonal Decline by Age:
    Age Free T(pg) Total T(ng)
    20 300 1000
    30 250 850
    40 150 500
    50 100 350
    60 60 250
    70 50 150
    80 30 100

    Most men will start experiencing symptoms of declining testosterone when their free testosterone reaches 150pg and intensify as levels continue to decline
    I agree with you guys I don't need TRT or even much higher Testosterone, I just need to free up more testosterone that I already have.

    Looking through the Male Hormone sticky now, thanks for pointing it out. There's some great info in here.
  7. New Member
    infraredline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    8476
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    48.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by lowfreeT View Post

    Thanks Matrix, That makes sense about estradiol, that could be a big factor, I'll look into getting that tested.

    Sorry for not posting ranges before. Here are the ones listed on my lab report, and yes I had them tested in the morning. They're not specific to my age group, these are the "normal" numbers for 20-70 year olds, and from what I've seen normal definitely does not equal optimal in this area.

    TESTOSTERONE: 577
    Range: 280-1070 ng/dL
    SEX HORMONE BIND. GLOB: 61
    Range: 13-71 nmol/L
    FREE TESTOSTERONE (CALC): 81
    Range: 47 -244 pg/m L
    % FREE TESTOSTERONE (CALC): 1.4
    Range: 1.6-2.9 %

    All the numbers except the % Free lie within the "normal" range, but from what I've researched anything below 150 pg/ml Free is when symptoms start to appear, and a level of around 200-250 pg/ml Free at my age is really where I should be at. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but here's some info from a testosterone doctor's site I stumbled across...

    I agree with you guys I don't need TRT or even much higher Testosterone, I just need to free up more testosterone that I already have.

    Looking through the Male Hormone sticky now, thanks for pointing it out. There's some great info in here.
    Look into formastanzol its a transdermal version of formestane with some extra ingredients

    Should help with your problem, run it at 10 pumps, 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, for 8 weeks

    After that get retested and see if it helped
  8. New Member
    lowfreeT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

    Quote Originally Posted by infraredline View Post
    Look into formastanzol its a transdermal version of formestane with some extra ingredients

    Should help with your problem, run it at 10 pumps, 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, for 8 weeks

    After that get retested and see if it helped
    Thanks for the tip, I did see on the forums last night that formestane would be helpful, I ordered some pills called formadrol extreme. Would this have the same effect or would the transdermal version be superior? Thanks again.
  9. New Member
    qwerty42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    633
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    47.93%

    From the anecdotal reports and research I have done around my own symptoms / T level, I'd argue that the majority (I appreciate not all) will feel fine and pretty good with a T level between 600-750 give or take.

    He could be higher for his age but what I was trying to point out is that a T level like that is not likely to give rise to severe symptoms in the majority of people.

    Far more likely is that something else, as the above guys and you have said, is that a factor is causing SHBG to go up and may well be affecting total T as well.

    I think we get caught up in the fact that Low T can cause depression etc but in some cases that may be the wrong way around. Depression can obviously lower T and therefore it would be more prudent to treat the depression or undelying cause than to go the HRT route.

    I'd also argue that 577 of your own endogenous T may feel a hell of a lot better than 600 - 750 of exogenous, in addition to the possible compication of tinkering with AIs.

    Just MHO.
  10. New Member
    infraredline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    8476
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    48.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by lowfreeT View Post

    Thanks for the tip, I did see on the forums last night that formestane would be helpful, I ordered some pills called formadrol extreme. Would this have the same effect or would the transdermal version be superior? Thanks again.
    I would say the formastanzol would be better

    You can get it at ************

    I'm about to do a standalone of formastanzol with ostarine since it is actually supposed to have a nice anabolic effect on the body
  11. New Member
    lowfreeT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    27
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    25.67%

    Great, thanks infrared. I was able to cancel my other order and get it from their own website. They were running a 35% off promotion with the code "merrychristmas".
  12. New Member
    infraredline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    8476
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    48.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by lowfreeT View Post
    Great, thanks infrared. I was able to cancel my other order and get it from their own website. They were running a 35% off promotion with the code "merrychristmas".
    Anytime bro, pm me for the site

    I didn't realize I was breaking forum rules by posting the site
  13. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,387
    Rep Power
    3187303
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    70.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by infraredline View Post

    I would say the formastanzol would be better

    You can get it at ************

    I'm about to do a standalone of formastanzol with ostarine since it is actually supposed to have a nice anabolic effect on the body
    Formastanzol= worst formestane product ive ever used
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  14. Board Supporter
    kjkriston's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,165
    Rep Power
    1623
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    71.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Re: Too young for this, but...


    You are literally the only person to say this.......bloods on other boards prove you wrong

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,387
    Rep Power
    3187303
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    70.46%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kjkriston View Post
    You are literally the only person to say this.......bloods on other boards prove you wrong

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    What need tos site? I used formastanzol on a mlmg/epi cycle and it didnt do sheet for estro control. I bloated like crazy, and had a serious gyno flare. Didnt get any of the normal formestane "sides" ex; headrush, temporary temp rise (hot flash) achy joints.nadda. let me add this was at 8 pumps ed

    Ive used formasurge, formeron, and CELs og formestane.. all them gave me the typical formestane surge. Formeron killed the bloat, and had me flushing/pissing like crazy, same deal with formasurge.

    So in my book, formastanzol is bummy.
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
  16. New Member
    Mr.TT's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    313
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    86.89%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Find out why SHBG is going up. Check privatelabsmd use female women homone profile to check for estroadiol. TRT would not be a wise choice resulting in causing more issues. If you have specific questions PM me be glad to answer them
    Test your E2 before you try to treat high E2... You could cause more problems.......
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by infraredline View Post
    Look into formastanzol its a transdermal version of formestane with some extra ingredients

    Should help with your problem, run it at 10 pumps, 5 in the am and 5 in the pm, for 8 weeks

    After that get retested and see if it helped
    Short term satisfaction not long term solution...problem with traditional medicine need to look at whole picture thinking out side the box not focus on the obvious.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TT View Post
    Test your E2 before you try to treat high E2... You could cause more problems.......
    Excellent point ..One needs to have a base line and never assume anything. The body will fool you faster then you know. What makes cases so challenging is there are rarely any base lines to go off of. Drs just drop their patient on a plate hoping you can sift through all the data coming up with rational and medically validated reason. LOL. I am a gluttony for punishment, but I enjoy my job Satisfaction is seeing people improve knowing it was not all in their head...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bash me if you want for this but....
    By ward5742 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM
  2. Too young for ph
    By osi0645 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM
  3. How young is too young for HRT
    By jonboy13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 05:45 PM
  4. I will probably get flamed for this...but
    By conversekidz in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 07:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in