18 year old trt. children down the line stll possible?

  1. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    47.36%

    18 year old trt. children down the line stll possible?


    I am 18 years old and am currently on test e 100 mgs per week along with hcg at 500 iu per week. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to have children sometime down the line maybe 10 or 20 years from now. I thought that hmg would be able to help with this? Any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks.

  2. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44497
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    56.53%

    Why in the world are you taking test at the beginning of your adulthood? Are you being prescribed hrt?

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  3. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    47.36%

    I have secondary hypogonadism. After months of tests, my doctor prescribed it to me. I was just wondering if fertility in the future would be possible at all.
    •   
       

  4. ThunderHumper's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    18.92%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    dude you realize the world ends in like a week and a half right?

    srs though, im not knowledgble to help on this. i hope you find your answers bro. did you ask your dr yet?
  5. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683046
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    35.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    dude you realize the world ends in like a week and a half right?
    Lol..... yep, dont worry bout shiit at this point
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  6. Professional Member
    fueledpassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,616
    Rep Power
    700193
    Level
    55
    Lv. Percent
    31.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470 View Post
    I have secondary hypogonadism. After months of tests, my doctor prescribed it to me. I was just wondering if fertility in the future would be possible at all.
    You'll be fine. I recently inquired my endo with the same type of questions and she said that there are no permanent effects of TRT or even bodybuilding doses of test for extended periods of time. She said the only concern is man-boobs & too much hemoglobin, but the fertility can be brought back anywhere from a few weeks off up to a few months of HCG/HMG or Clomid. She also said the worst case scenario is 1 year after TRT before approaching normal fertility ranges.
  7. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    47.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post

    You'll be fine. I recently inquired my endo with the same type of questions and she said that there are no permanent effects of TRT or even bodybuilding doses of test for extended periods of time. She said the only concern is man-boobs & too much hemoglobin, but the fertility can be brought back anywhere from a few weeks off up to a few months of HCG/HMG or Clomid. She also said the worst case scenario is 1 year after TRT before approaching normal fertility ranges.
    That's good to know! I'll keep HMG in mind for down the road when needed. Thanks
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470 View Post
    I am 18 years old and am currently on test e 100 mgs per week along with hcg at 500 iu per week. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to have children sometime down the line maybe 10 or 20 years from now. I thought that hmg would be able to help with this? Any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks.
    Why where you put on it to begin with?
    Was there an issue with pituitary or delayed puberty?

    Your Dr should be looking for root cause why you are TRT if it was not a structural one. In majority of cases with younger guys TRT is just masking or acting as a bandaid fo much deeper issue which end up surfacing months or even years down the road.

    Why you need to understand the pathology behind why you where put on it in the first place. Just for low testosterone I do not by it. I have reviewed numerous cases over the years under medical supervision. This is typical approach Dr's take..The easy way out.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    47.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

    Why where you put on it to begin with?
    Was there an issue with pituitary or delayed puberty?

    Your Dr should be looking for root cause why you are TRT if it was not a structural one. In majority of cases with younger guys TRT is just masking or acting as a bandaid fo much deeper issue which end up surfacing months or even years down the road.

    Why you need to understand the pathology behind why you where put on it in the first place. Just for low testosterone I do not by it. I have reviewed numerous cases over the years under medical supervision. This is typical approach Dr's take..The easy way out.
    The cause is inconclusive. I suffered from low testosterone, lh, and fsh levels. Estrogen was slightly elevated. I gave myself various serms and aromatase inhibitors, and nothing changed. One thing that I have tho is rather high growth hormone levels and igf1 levels. I had an mri of the pituary, and it looked fine. No tumors or anything. The doctor did further test on my thyroid and adrenals and everything was fine. I tried things like vitamin d, selenium, boron, zinc etc and nothing budged.
  10. New Member
    dvr2470's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    157
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    47.36%

    Quote Originally Posted by dvr2470 View Post

    The cause is inconclusive. I suffered from low testosterone, lh, and fsh levels. Estrogen was slightly elevated. I gave myself various serms and aromatase inhibitors, and nothing changed. One thing that I have tho is rather high growth hormone levels and igf1 levels. I had an mri of the pituary, and it looked fine. No tumors or anything. The doctor did further test on my thyroid and adrenals and everything was fine. I tried things like vitamin d, selenium, boron, zinc etc and nothing budged.
    And I agree that the doc may have taken the easy way out. It's kind of hard to find a good doc these days
  11. New Member
    stephenlay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.44%

    Did your Dr. refer you to an endocrinologist? He should have.
  12. New Member
    ingoingmender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    23
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    0%

    A pediatrician put me on androderm 5 mg per day when I was 19 due to low testosterone. He was an idiot because I had low follicle stimulating hormone as well so he would have just exacerbated the problem further. I had semen analysis done and that showed that I had low concentration and immature sperm PRIOR to beginning the hormone therapy. It took many doctors and many blood tests, all of which showed low FSH and borderline low T, like around 280 on a scale of 250-1100. FSH always came back around 1 on a scale of 2-11 approximately (off the top of my head). Anyways I did not seek treatment after that realization. A urologist had an ultrasound done and turned out there was minor varicocele and probably not a big deal but he would not speculate as to whether that was the cause of the immature sperm or if it was caused by the low FSH which was high due to prolactin.
    I would just say get a second opinion cause doctors often are limited in their knowledge and can do irreversible harm if you are not careful and do your own research.
  13. New Member
    stephenlay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    220
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    97.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by ingoingmender View Post
    A pediatrician put me on androderm 5 mg per day when I was 19 due to low testosterone. He was an idiot because I had low follicle stimulating hormone as well so he would have just exacerbated the problem further. I had semen analysis done and that showed that I had low concentration and immature sperm PRIOR to beginning the hormone therapy. It took many doctors and many blood tests, all of which showed low FSH and borderline low T, like around 280 on a scale of 250-1100. FSH always came back around 1 on a scale of 2-11 approximately (off the top of my head). Anyways I did not seek treatment after that realization. A urologist had an ultrasound done and turned out there was minor varicocele and probably not a big deal but he would not speculate as to whether that was the cause of the immature sperm or if it was caused by the low FSH which was high due to prolactin.
    I would just say get a second opinion cause doctors often are limited in their knowledge and can do irreversible harm if you are not careful and do your own research.
    I am sorry to say I agree... Get a second opinion or third and fourth. You have to live with what they say and they get to forget about it.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    With proper history and.proper.labs it should not be difficult to figure out. Just have to ask right questions and develop game plan with good.testing .
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM
  3. pslin/powerfull for a 18 year old
    By Myster in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
  4. 18 years old with supplement/cycle question
    By Menser32 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 02:14 AM
  5. 18 year old 50 mg m1t
    By orvise in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in