Oil left over

  1. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0

    Oil left over


    Anyone notice how much oil is left in the syringe after injecting? It's about 5mg, wasted every time. Instead of injecting 30mg, I'm actually injecting 25mg. Is there a solution to this?

  2. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0


    bump
  3. Registered User
    Andy G's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    243
    Answers
    0


    I spray the remainder of mine out onto my hand and rub it on my inner thigh or shoulders sometimes.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    good question. I've wondered the same
  5. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0


    We're probably losing around 50mg per vial
  6. Registered User
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    336
    Answers
    0


    I use a 25ga 1" so not much left in mine at all.
  7. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    290
    Answers
    0


    A nurse told me to push the oil to the end of the needle pointing downward so that some air would be left in the syringe when injecting, once you get a little pop you know all the oil is in the injection spot. I dont actually do this, but it was from a nurse.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  8. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    After some research, I found that this is called the "air lock technique." It is only used in intramuscular injections and will not cause harm. Make sure you aspirate however, to ensure that you have not hot a vein. No blood, no problems.
    I am going to do this on Friday so I will report back.
  9. Registered User
    rambofireball's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    290
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    After some research, I found that this is called the "air lock technique." It is only used in intramuscular injections and will not cause harm. Make sure you aspirate however, to ensure that you have not hot a vein. No blood, no problems.
    I am going to do this on Friday so I will report back.
    Right on, please do.
    My parents created my body, in which I create my mind. I will honor them, by developing both to their utmost potential.
  10. Registered User
    ajntorinj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    105
    Answers
    0


    Switch to insulin syringes. The smaller you use, the less you lose.
  11. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    well, I just did it. I got as much in me as I could. There was just a tiny drop left in the syringe. I'm satisfied but I think I can do even better next week? You have to keep the syringe oriented correctly to keep the air bubble behind the oil when injecting. But other than that, I have found my new technique!!
  12. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0


    Are you honestly concerned about these miniscule amounts of oil left? A single drop?
  13. Registered User
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    I bet you guys use water to get that last lil bit of shampoo or soap out of bottles don't you? JK. It really is a negligible amount. Not enough to REALLY worry about
  14. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0


    It's about 5mg lost each time (I've measured it), so yes it does bother me. Looks a lot different when you're using a 1cc syringe! Anyway, the bubble technique definitely works! The bubble pushes the oil almost to the end of the needle, so you're getting 99% of the oil. Works great! You're losing around one 50mg dose per vial if you're not doing this.
  15. Registered User
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    336
    Answers
    0


    As best i can figure the volume left in my needle is 5 microliters or less. So at worst 100 microliters per bottle which is 0.1 ml. Which comes out to 20mg at worst. Best case more like 10mg per bottle.
  16. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj
    Are you honestly concerned about these miniscule amounts of oil left? A single drop?
    Sure am! My vials currently are only 1ml and I shoot 1/2 ml a week. It does more good in me than in the trash
  17. Registered User
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    Bet ya won't notice any benefit of getting 100mg vs 97mg twice a week. The time spent worrying about it would be better spent on diet and training. IMHO
  18. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,205
    Answers
    0


    Oh snap.

    It just got testy in here....thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.
  19. Registered User
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    Hahaha. That's awesome
  20. Registered User
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,234
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel
    I bet you guys use water to get that last lil bit of shampoo or soap out of bottles don't you? JK. It really is a negligible amount. Not enough to REALLY worry about
    Lol
  21. Registered User
    threeFs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,274
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by rambofireball
    A nurse told me to push the oil to the end of the needle pointing downward so that some air would be left in the syringe when injecting, once you get a little pop you know all the oil is in the injection spot. I dont actually do this, but it was from a nurse.
    My inject a few days ago, I felt a distinct "pop" when the air pushed the remaining oil out. I felt it in the syringe, not in my muscle. Cool! I got exactly 100% of the oil in me. Outstanding.

    Those who think it is dumb to use all the product and waste none are better to keep their non productive commentary to themselves. Y'all can throw the whole thing in the trash if it makes you happy. I for one am happy to use all I pay for in this situation.
  22. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs

    My inject a few days ago, I felt a distinct "pop" when the air pushed the remaining oil out. I felt it in the syringe, not in my muscle. Cool! I got exactly 100% of the oil in me. Outstanding.

    Those who think it is dumb to use all the product and waste none are better to keep their non productive commentary to themselves. Y'all can throw the whole thing in the trash if it makes you happy. I for one am happy to use all I pay for in this situation.
    Gotta love that method!
  23. Registered User
    tenntarheel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    63
    Answers
    0


    More power to ya man. I think this may be the missing component of me breaking the 500 bench plateau!! This is totally splitting hairs, or pinching pennies, if you will
  24. Registered User
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by tenntarheel
    More power to ya man. I think this may be the missing component of me breaking the 500 bench plateau!! This is totally splitting hairs, or pinching pennies, if you will
    This is the way I see it, say you buy a 24 pack of bottled water. Would you throw away one bottle even though it's not worth much? It's easy to get that small amount out of the syringe with the bubble method, and for me (maybe its the type of syringes/needles I use), I save about 50ml per vial! That's two doses for me, since I use 25ml per dose. Ok I think we can end this thread, no point in posting anything more about this haha
  25. BJE
    BJE is offline
    Registered User
    BJE's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    188
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ajntorinj View Post
    Switch to insulin syringes. The smaller you use, the less you lose.
    This is what I use. There is virtually no oil left in the syringe.
  26. Registered User
    RedRaptor's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    55
    Posts
    103
    Answers
    0


    I wish I would have thought of this back in September when I needed 5 weeks worth instead of 4.
    I was stuck in Africa and had to miss a few doses because I only get sent 2.4ml and take .6ml per week.
    I think this method might have let me squeeze one more dose out of the bottle.
    I see that some gets wasted when I go from the draw needle to the inject needle.
    I've started pulling it all into the syringe once I've drawn it out of the bottle. .3ml becomes almost .4ml after emptying the draw needle.
    Normally I wouldn't worry about it but when I get 4 weeks worth and at times have to stretch it to 5 weeks.. Could mean the difference between going without.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
  2. what should I do with my old left over PH's?
    By GO_OUTSIDE! in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
  3. Left Overs!!
    By spiderman7 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. still have a little gyno left over after PCT...
    By FitModel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 12:04 PM
  5. Left over cyps, okay to...?
    By Bas4Lizzife in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in