21 Yr. Old - TRT or Restart? Matrix Pls. look
- 10-18-2012, 07:52 PM
21 Yr. Old - TRT or Restart? Matrix Pls. look
Pertinent Blood work:
TSH .5 uIu/ml (.32-5.50)
Total T 310 ng/dl (250-850)
TSH 1.797 uIu/ml (.32-5.50)
Total T 432 ng/dl (250-850)
LH 6.2 mIu/ml (1.7-8.6)
Fsh 4.7 mIu/ml (1.5-12.4)
Prolactin 11.9 ng/ml (4.0-15)
Total T 364 ng/dl (250-850)
TSH 1.991 uIu/ml (.32-5.50)
Free T4 1.3 pg/ml (.7-1.8)
Free T3 2.84 pg/ml (2.3-4.2)
Total T 327 ng/dl (280-1100)
Estradiol 11.9pg/ml (7.6-42.6)
SHBG 22nmol/l (10-80)
Free T 10.40 ng/dl (1.9-27)
Free T3 4.0 pg/ml (1.8-4.6)
10/02/2012 (5PM testing, the rest were done early morning)
Total T 200 ng/dl (280-1100)
IGF - 1 250 ng/ml (83-344)
Prolactin 11.5 ng/ml (4.0-15)
TSH 2.3 uIu/ml (.32-5.50)
All of my other bloods look pretty good
- 6'1" 195 Lbs. 13%-14% BF (visible abs outline). "typical" i dont look like i have low T
- Always been active and played sports growing up. Weights 4x a week since beginning of college. Diet is healthy.
- Hardly any consumption of alcohol, no drug use, no prior AAS.
- Kaiser HMO insurance so Im pretty much f'd until my parents switch or when i get on my own plan. Currently going out of pocket through a mens clinic.
-Started TRT 2 weeks ago 100mg T/Wk +HCG 250IU/3wk
- Started Armour Thyroid 30mg (1/2 grain) 3 weeks ago. All Thyroid values were prior to any thyroid treatment.
- Feeling a ton better already, libido up, depression and anxiety fading. I still feel really fatigued though so i have ordred a 4 value saliva test to check adrenals.
- Have had testicular MRI and everything checked out ok, have yet to have a Pituitary MRI
- I will be seeing a new endo in a week and i think he wants do do a restart. I will also be seeing the top ENDO in my state at the end of this month, hes a younger guy and has worked with pediatrics and ex AAS users so i think he will be great. Do you think it would work for me?? I know TRT is a lifelong commitment but i have no problem being on it the rest of my life because i never want to feel like i was, and i know im only going feel better and better. Also i dont want to do a restart and have it only work for a few years and then have to hop on TRT again. My father is on TRT at age 52 with T levels of 200 ng/dl so there may be some sort of hereditary factor.
Do you think a restart would work? what do you guys think about my Thyroid values? How about the Prolactin?, it seems pretty high to me and i have always had a long refractory period. Was my E2 Low just b/c my T was low?
Last concerns possibly related to Thyroid, T, Or Adrenals. For the last 2 years my body Temp has been in the low 95 *F everytime i have visited the doctor (crazy low.. it seems to me), and what is weird is i am always sweating from my underarms no matter what. My hands and feet are always cold. For the last three weeks while being on Armour i have seen a definite improvement in the cold hands and feet, but i have also just started TRT as well so that may be helping too.
- 10-18-2012, 10:28 PM
- 10-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Will Post Cortisol and DHEAs once i get the results.
The Endo I saw a Year ago through Kaiser just Offered me a "theraputic trial" of Levothyroxine. I told him i wanted Armour and he consented. This came about after confronting him about my Temperature concerns. I honestly think he only did it because he knows my T levels suck but wont help me at all with that. He's the typical diabetes management Endo and either dosent understand TRT in guys without diabetes or just wont acknowledge my problem because he is a doctor in the HMO system and has his hands tied behind his back.
10-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Being put on HRT at 21 may help you symptoms but may mask the original problem
Started on too much stuff too soon. You do not know what variable is doing what. I would have adjusted thyroid and adrenals first for 6-8 weeks then monitored the response of testosterone. Again knowing underlying pathology is always where one needs to starts by having detailed medical history, ect.
If you sleep like crap then your adrenals will not repair. Modulating sleep patterns is the first thing I always address as it resolves majority of adrenals related issues or it gives a better resistance to stress resulting in better daily function.
I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
Similar Forum Threads
- By hammerhead69 in forum Old School Hormone UseReplies: 9Last Post: 03-27-2010, 07:09 PM
- By Sinon in forum SupplementsReplies: 11Last Post: 02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
- By roach in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 5Last Post: 03-09-2008, 08:55 PM
- By wannabejacked in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-01-2008, 03:33 AM
- By SilkPhantom in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 24Last Post: 08-14-2007, 06:42 PM