Beginning TRT - Looking For Advice

  1. New Member
    WS2006's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    31
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    65.17%

    Beginning TRT - Looking For Advice


    I am alomst 41 years old and recently had labs done - my T level was 312 which my primary care physician said was "right in the middle" of the standard range which she stated as 250-850. I had to politely disagree as it was nowhere near the middle of that range. I have been doing martial arts for several years now and am working towards my second degree black belt but have noticed severe lack of energy, strength and recovery times between my workout sessions.

    I have signed up for testosterone replacement therapy with a mix of 90% Cytionate 10% Enanthate at 200 mg per week along with Anastrocol and HCG - they are all compounded at a US pharmacy and legally obtained through a reputable anti-aging clinic.

    Other than diet and exercise which I am fairly consistent with, are there any other over the counter nutritional supplements that would be effective to stack with this treatment?

    Any and all advice, thoughts and feedback would be welcomed as I am really new to this but looking forward to a healthier life.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48010
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    11.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by WS2006 View Post
    I am alomst 41 years old and recently had labs done - my T level was 312 which my primary care physician said was "right in the middle" of the standard range which she stated as 250-850. I had to politely disagree as it was nowhere near the middle of that range. I have been doing martial arts for several years now and am working towards my second degree black belt but have noticed severe lack of energy, strength and recovery times between my workout sessions.

    I have signed up for testosterone replacement therapy with a mix of 90% Cytionate 10% Enanthate at 200 mg per week along with Anastrocol and HCG - they are all compounded at a US pharmacy and legally obtained through a reputable anti-aging clinic.

    Other than diet and exercise which I am fairly consistent with, are there any other over the counter nutritional supplements that would be effective to stack with this treatment?

    Any and all advice, thoughts and feedback would be welcomed as I am really new to this but looking forward to a healthier life.

    Thanks in advance!
    I would start with a lower dose and increase if need it. 100mg a week is a good start.
    There is no standard HRT seem like everybody do their own thing but is good to start low at first. Thing to watch is PSA (prostate), estrogen, free test, DHT. Sometimes with a high dose of test they may jump right off the bat and catch you by suprise with negative side effects.
  3. New Member
    aj0538's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    55
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

    The only other thing I take are vitamin b complex shots because my b was very low. I also take a multi vitamin every morning. I also supplement with a protein shake at least once a day, sometimes more if I get caught at work and can't get solid food.

    I started off at 200 a week and I had no issues but everyone is different. Most people get started at 100 a week but 200 seems to work for me with the arimidex at .25 twice a week. I also split the 200 in half and pin 100 mg twice a week. That seems to give me an overall steadier mood and sense of well being.

    My biggest problem is that I'm not a patient man and getting dialed in takes patience. My doctor usually won't change things until I've been on a protocol for 4 weeks. 4 weeks to me seems like 4 months sometimes.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post
    The only other thing I take are vitamin b complex shots because my b was very low. I also take a multi vitamin every morning. I also supplement with a protein shake at least once a day, sometimes more if I get caught at work and can't get solid food.

    I started off at 200 a week and I had no issues but everyone is different. Most people get started at 100 a week but 200 seems to work for me with the arimidex at .25 twice a week. I also split the 200 in half and pin 100 mg twice a week. That seems to give me an overall steadier mood and sense of well being.

    My biggest problem is that I'm not a patient man and getting dialed in takes patience. My doctor usually won't change things until I've been on a protocol for 4 weeks. 4 weeks to me seems like 4 months sometimes.
    Come back in a year when you are crying the blues because other issues such as thyroid and adrenals were never addressed. I see it on a weekly basis from people who goto these clinics.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    aj0538's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    55
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

    I'm not going to a clinic. I'm going to a Dr who specializes in TRT. I've been on this program for over a year and my blood tests look great. I'm stronger than I've ever been, my work performance has greatly improved and I feel like I did when I was in my 20's. I was told prior to TRT that I was most likely not going to be able to get my wife pregnant and we are now expecting a son in November.

    I wasn't asking for advice, I was answering someone elses question. Maybe next time just help the OP and don't shake your finger at me?
  6. Advanced Member
    vassille's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    968
    Rep Power
    48010
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    11.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post
    The only other thing I take are vitamin b complex shots because my b was very low. I also take a multi vitamin every morning. I also supplement with a protein shake at least once a day, sometimes more if I get caught at work and can't get solid food.

    I started off at 200 a week and I had no issues but everyone is different. Most people get started at 100 a week but 200 seems to work for me with the arimidex at .25 twice a week. I also split the 200 in half and pin 100 mg twice a week. That seems to give me an overall steadier mood and sense of well being.

    My biggest problem is that I'm not a patient man and getting dialed in takes patience. My doctor usually won't change things until I've been on a protocol for 4 weeks. 4 weeks to me seems like 4 months sometimes.

    it's wise to split your dose up it keeps levels more stable and there are less of the ups and downs. Like I said there isnt a set dose for eveybody 100 might work for some and 200 or even 300 for others. I think it depends on the other hormons in your body and where the balance is for everybody.
  7. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by aj0538 View Post
    I'm not going to a clinic. I'm going to a Dr who specializes in TRT. I've been on this program for over a year and my blood tests look great. I'm stronger than I've ever been, my work performance has greatly improved and I feel like I did when I was in my 20's. I was told prior to TRT that I was most likely not going to be able to get my wife pregnant and we are now expecting a son in November.

    I wasn't asking for advice, I was answering someone elses question. Maybe next time just help the OP and don't shake your finger at me?
    Better to shake a finger then to pull it
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. New Member
    aj0538's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    55
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

    Especially with the amount of protein I take in. Pulling fingers could be dangerous.
  9. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,926
    Rep Power
    1736181
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    28.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I am a patient man and spent the last year and a half getting to where I've been for many months now. I figured the time to run tests and adjust doses was worth it. That being said- I have to agree with the folks on here mentioning to start lower on the doses. Better to take the least amount needed and work up.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 27 and new to TRT...looking for advice!
    By lboston in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-23-2011, 10:49 PM
  2. Looking for advice on supps
    By w00kie in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 12:23 PM
  4. First Cycle, Looking for advice
    By Roy Hatred in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 04:55 AM
  5. looking for advice on a weak shoulder
    By canadian champ in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2003, 11:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in