Question about test levels.

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.02%

Question about test levels.

I just got my test results back and had a couple questions. I got tested as I was planning on doing a test cycle and just wanted to test before, during, and after. I am 33 yrs old. I workout 4-5x a week religiously and hold a pretty strict diet that mainly consists of very low sugar intake. I have lost over 50lbs the last few years by diet and training. I have noticed my sex drive not as strong lately and have been dieting very hard and cant seem to lose that last bit of belly fat. Anyway my test levels came back at 338 which was flagged on the low side. This was first thing in the morning and fasted. Is this low enough to warrant any kind of treatment or should it. What else should I be looking at on the test results? Not sure I want to jump into a lifelong decision at my age but sure would like to get those levels up. I have felt this way for 5 years or so I would say if not more. It improved when I started exercising but is about the same as it used to be. Thanks for any help or advice.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4V View Post
    I just got my test results back and had a couple questions. I got tested as I was planning on doing a test cycle and just wanted to test before, during, and after. I am 33 yrs old. I workout 4-5x a week religiously and hold a pretty strict diet that mainly consists of very low sugar intake. I have lost over 50lbs the last few years by diet and training. I have noticed my sex drive not as strong lately and have been dieting very hard and cant seem to lose that last bit of belly fat. Anyway my test levels came back at 338 which was flagged on the low side. This was first thing in the morning and fasted. Is this low enough to warrant any kind of treatment or should it. What else should I be looking at on the test results? Not sure I want to jump into a lifelong decision at my age but sure would like to get those levels up. I have felt this way for 5 years or so I would say if not more. It improved when I started exercising but is about the same as it used to be. Thanks for any help or advice.
    Congratulations on weight loss.
    You need to find out why your testosterone is low before being commited to HRT. Many DRs I have worked with have been successful getting guys restarted by looking at the factors which may be causing the T levels to be low. You be surprised what were the culprits we were able to find. If you need a good Dr I have a whole net work of Drs across the united states who will looking at this from an integrated approach looking out for the best interest in better your well being not just micromanaging hormones. That approach is slowly dying out ..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4V View Post
    sometimes when you diet heavy and restrict calories hormons take a tumble and it also explains why you not losing the belly fat because of the heavy dieting and caloric restriction. CHange your diet and exercise routine to one that your body can handle.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    sometimes when you diet heavy and restrict calories hormons take a tumble and it also explains why you not losing the belly fat because of the heavy dieting and caloric restriction. CHange your diet and exercise routine to one that your body can handle.
    Typical over training syndrome along with properly improper sleep patterns , and other daily or mental stressors.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.6%

Another thing to think about is dietary fat. If you aren't getting enough healthy fat's, your hormones (testosterone) can easily be thrown out of whack. Fish oil,avocado, and olive oil could be a good start.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about Test Levels
    By coffee4me in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 11:26 AM
  2. Question about Test E and Hairloss
    By FighterInSnatch in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
  3. question about sugar levels
    By good_guye28 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4