Questions about Blood Work...
- 08-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Questions about Blood Work...
Was looking for some advice regarding blood work issues. I've recently started a new TRT regimen per a new clinic and wanted some advice on blood work to get to ensure the efficacy and validity of the protocol I'm on. I'm also wanting to look into starting a new thyroid medication and could use help with that as well...
My questions are as follows:
1) Given the option should I contact the clinic and have them write the script for blood work or should I go through an internet company? If so can anyone recommend a reliable and cost effective source for blood work online?
2) What tests specifically should I be requesting to evaluate my TRT protocol? Taking Test-Cyp, HCG, Anastrazole. I know total test, and free test, Estradiol etc (any specific test for E?) but anything else I need to look into? DHEA, SHBG etc?
3) For thyroid panel what all should be included over TSH? Looking to switch from synthroid to Armour...
4) I inject on a 3day rotation. Day 1 Test-Cyp, Day 2 AI, Day 3, HCG then repeat. I am assuming I would have blood drawn on the morning of Day 3. Would I have it drawn before or after my HCG injection for a true nadir point or should I have it drawn another day?
Sorry for all the questions, but trying to do this right and not waste the last year or so as I've done with incompetent medical care. Thanks in advance for all the help.
- 08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
- 08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Check out.my.thread" getting to the core in 4 weeks"I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
08-07-2012, 06:31 PM
08-07-2012, 07:21 PM
I.will.look.for.it just swamped.up to.ears in follow ups calls from.
drs. Have it to.you in by end of tonight or.pm me.to.remind me.
08-07-2012, 09:02 PM
08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I had consultation from DR in austrailia who needed help last night. Bouncing between time zones can be murder, but fun. Here is its
Lab testing and getting to the core
08-13-2012, 08:36 PM
08-14-2012, 09:19 AM
08-19-2015, 07:17 PM
DiscountedLabs dot com has good prices. No prescription required.
This is what I got from ExcelMale
1 ------- Estradiol- sensitive via LC/MS test (not EIA!) [Quest Labs code 30289]
(Labcorp code: 140244) (baseline, week 6 or 8, month 6)
GOAL: 20-50 pg/mL
2 ------- Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) (baseline, week 6-8, month 6, then yearly)
GOAL: Total testosterone over 500 ng/mL and free T 2 percent or more of total T.
3 ------- DHEAs (baseline, month 6, month 12 (if supplementing))
4 ------- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/EGFR (baseline, week 6-8, month 6 and then once a year)
GOAL: Normal CBC including liver enzyme elevations under 20 percent and eGFR over 60
5 ------- CBC w/ diff/PLT (baselines, week 6-8, month 6 and then once or twice per year)
GOAL: Normal CBC
6 ------- Lipid profile (fasting sample) (baselines, month 6, then once per year unless high)
GOAL: Normal lipids
7 ------- T3, free (for those with low thyroid symptoms)
GOAL: Upper quartile free T3
8 ------- T4, free (for those with low thyroid symptoms)
Goal: Normal free T4
9 ------- Ultrasensitive TSH (baseline, month 6, yearly after that depending on value and treatment)
GOAL: TSH under 2.5
10 -------- Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA) (Baseline before testosterone treatment, 6-8 weeks after and then yearly)
GOAL: PSA under 3
11-------- LH and FSH (for men not on testosterone yet)- Used to diagnosed primary or secondary hypogonadism. Do not waste money testing your LH and FSH if you are on testosterone since they will be undetectable.
For those with excessive fatigue: Saliva Cortisol + DHEA (4 specimens during one day) (you can wait for after 6 weeks on TRT). Ferritin is also a test that can be considered.
GOAL: Normal cortisol graph and values along with proper cortisol/DHEA ratios
Similar Forum Threads
- By Lacradocious in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 12-24-2009, 11:04 AM
- By GLHF in forum AnabolicsReplies: 6Last Post: 11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
- By ali11atc in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-28-2006, 11:28 AM
- By 1ad man in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-13-2006, 08:13 PM
- By hardlyworkin in forum AnabolicsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2004, 05:56 PM