HRT Self Injection

  1. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    HRT Self Injection


    While discussing treatment with my physician about low T and got the impression from her that self injection was not an option. I was told that I could use Androgel (which I started) or that I could come in every few days or once a month for injections.

    Is there a legal issue here that I'm not aware of?

  2. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    27144
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 53AndAging
    While discussing treatment with my physician about low T and got the impression from her that self injection was not an option. I was told that I could use Androgel (which I started) or that I could come in every few days or once a month for injections.

    Is there a legal issue here that I'm not aware of?
    No-just doctor preference, from my understanding
  3. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston

    No-just doctor preference, from my understanding
    Dr want.to.make.almighty dollar.charging for giving you a shot each time. How system works. Find another Dr
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    2178838
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    46.81%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I went to my doctor for injections once a week for the first 4 months and then he told me that there was no point in coming all the time now that we have things balanced. He set me up with a prescription for 200mg every 12 weeks. It is SO much better now that I only take 5 minutes a week to deal with it instead of 45 min-hour to go to the office.
  5. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,039
    Rep Power
    7705
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    37.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I went to my doctor for injections once a week for the first 4 months and then he told me that there was no point in coming all the time now that we have things balanced. He set me up with a prescription for 200mg every 12 weeks. It is SO much better now that I only take 5 minutes a week to deal with it instead of 45 min-hour to go to the office.
    I hope you meant to say every 12 days LOL IF your Dr actually said weeks, I run as fast as I can the other way... The end result will be going from TT 1800 down to 300 TT. You tell me how much estrodial fluctuation one will experience? This can put stress on already depleted adrenals and thyroid imbalances which never where address. I have Dr in colorado if need one
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Elite Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    2178838
    Level
    70
    Lv. Percent
    46.81%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Lol, I meant a 10ml bottle.

    Thank you for the offer, though. It's nice to know in case ever needed.
  7. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    Anybody know of good physician in the central kentucky region, preferably Lexington?
  8. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,254
    Rep Power
    27144
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    91.31%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 53AndAging
    Anybody know of good physician in the central kentucky region, preferably Lexington?
    Hey- send me a PM and I may have found one. I'm in Bardstown, Ky and looking for a new doc as well.
  9. New Member
    53AndAging's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    18
    Rep Power
    41
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    19.18%

    PM sent
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. First self-inject today of TRT...question
    By lboston in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
  2. First Self injection trouble!
    By fkasbar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 04:23 AM
  3. Self Injections
    By asavage24 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 02:09 AM
  4. My First Self Injection
    By kincaiddave in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 04:03 PM
  5. First HRT injection
    By Ripw4 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in