Time of day to get TEST LEVELS checked?

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so is there an optimal time to get levels checked? Also, should I avoid lifting PRE blood work? Last time I got work done, my levels were LOW LOW LOW, and it was directly after lifting. I didnt know if this could have a negative (or positive) impact on levels.

I just wanna make sure I am getting "accurate" results.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Best time would be early in the AM as soon as the lab opens. Test levels peak in the morning and drop from there.

Heavy lifting can also temporarily lower your levels.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, my new endo is pissed at my doctor about this. He sent over all the labs and he was asking when I took them because of some numbers that he said look to be after I ate or possibly later in the day. All blood work, including test was taken at 1:30-2pm each time. He said that he has seen fluctuations in test levels from recent high fat meals, heavy cardio workouts, time of day, etc. up to 50% than if the test was done first thing in the morning. I work out in the mornings during the week and eat several meals by noon, so none of my past test results were probably near accurate.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I have been on TRT over 32 yrs and test every 10 weeks have a lot on my plate. My Dr. has me fast nothing but water after 9 pm the only meds I can take are my HC med for low Cortisol levels the rest no. He has me come in the morning of my next Test C shot but before it and I am told to stop all HCG shots 4 days before doing my labs. So I do a fasting blood test at 8 am in the morning. Then I do my Test C shots and take my meds like Thyroid and such.
Yeah, my new endo is pissed at my doctor about this. He sent over all the labs and he was asking when I took them because of some numbers that he said look to be after I ate or possibly later in the day. All blood work, including test was taken at 1:30-2pm each time. He said that he has seen fluctuations in test levels from recent high fat meals, heavy cardio workouts, time of day, etc. up to 50% than if the test was done first thing in the morning. I work out in the mornings during the week and eat several meals by noon, so none of my past test results were probably near accurate.