New to trt

  1. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    New to trt


    Just started trt and was just wondering what to expext. I am currently on my 2nd injection 100\week. Are there any supplements I should be taking in conjunction with my therapy? Thanks

  2. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    Im also new to this forum. Tons of useful information.
  3. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20690
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    100mgs a week is very low, so you shouldn't need any other support; however, one guy here was doing 100mgs of TRT per week and said he saw signs of gyno. I find that hard to believe, but that's what he says. You can take HCG, but it's up to you. I do and many on TRT do as well. My advice would be to wait 6 months, get a full blood panel and see what's going on.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer
    100mgs a week is very low, so you shouldn't need any other support; however, one guy here was doing 100mgs of TRT per week and said he saw signs of gyno. I find that hard to believe, but that's what he says. You can take HCG, but it's up to you. I do and many on TRT do as well. My advice would be to wait 6 months, get a full blood panel and see what's going on.
    Thanks detroit. I was told by the doctor he is starting me low for the first 4 weeks and we will do another blood test and adjust from there. I know my total test level was 199. He told me that was extremely low for my age, 37. Is hcg something I will need my doc to prescribe? Sorry for all the noob questions.
  5. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    100mgs a week is very low, so you shouldn't need any other support; however, one guy here was doing 100mgs of TRT per week and said he saw signs of gyno. I find that hard to believe, but that's what he says. You can take HCG, but it's up to you. I do and many on TRT do as well. My advice would be to wait 6 months, get a full blood panel and see what's going on.
    I usually recommend to Dr start patients off on TRT in 5 - 6 weeks get a full panel done. My first question is why did the dr put you on it in the first place? More so what was the cause of it? Could TRT be masking something else? I see this all too often. Again there are alot of variables to consider.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20690
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I usually recommend to Dr start patients off on TRT in 5 - 6 weeks get a full panel done. My first question is why did the dr put you on it in the first place? More so what was the cause of it? Could TRT be masking something else? I see this all too often. Again there are alot of variables to consider.
    In the alternative, once a guy is on test, there are a lot of false indicators out there that test creates. For example, Glucose, Creatine, eGFR, LH, FSH, IGF-1, and even C- Reactive Protein if he's blasting hard, all can can be elevated due to test. So if a guy, like me, who has a low eGFR and high creatine doesn't necessarily have kidney problems. So I agree, root causes have to be vetted out before drawing conclusions; before TRT and while on TRT, especially if blasting.
  7. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    I usually recommend to Dr start patients off on TRT in 5 - 6 weeks get a full panel done. My first question is why did the dr put you on it in the first place? More so what was the cause of it? Could TRT be masking something else? I see this all too often. Again there are alot of variables to consider.
    Matrix, I have been on meds for depression (cymbalta and wellbutrin) I have been lethargic and have gained a considerable amount of weight, 65 pounds to be exact. No matter how much I diet or work out I continue to gain weight. Doc says my thyroid is fine. I was told it has nothing to do with my pituitary? I welcome the change. I can say I have been feeling a little better even after 2 shots. Placebo effect?
  8. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    I usually recommend to Dr start patients off on TRT in 5 - 6 weeks get a full panel done. My first question is why did the dr put you on it in the first place? More so what was the cause of it? Could TRT be masking something else? I see this all too often. Again there are alot of variables to consider.
    Well I have been on depression medication for 2 years with no help. I have been moody, lethargic and have gained a significant amount of weight around the midsection despite attempts of dieting and working out. I was told my thyroid was fine and low test was not due to the pituitary.
  9. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    What else could cause low test? I was told my testes were at fault to produce. I do seem to be in a better mood this week and im getting afternoon wood again. Been a long time since that has happened. I take a shot every monday. Next mon. Will be #3
  10. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20690
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by tat2jay View Post
    What else could cause low test? I was told my testes were at fault to produce. I do seem to be in a better mood this week and im getting afternoon wood again. Been a long time since that has happened. I take a shot every monday. Next mon. Will be #3
    Don't forget that no one on this board is qualified to give you medical advice unless he has "Dr" in front of his name, and rarely does a qualified MD post here. It's all broscience, no matter who he or she may be. You have a qualified medical practitioner diagnosing you with low test and no doubt has run tests on you before prescribing TRT. TRT is not a bad thing and it is fantastic therapy. We can all sit here and offer various opinions as to what may be causing low test, but listen to your doctor and enjoy the benefits of TRT.

    What else may cause low test? Many things, but don't second guess your doctor based on hearsay on this board. I say that because you are new to TRT and this forum and I don't want you to think that anyone here is more qualified than your doctor; they're not. Having said that, there are many good thoughts posted on this board and some valuable information that will help you understand what TRT is all about so you can be better informed when you discuss matters with your doctor.
  11. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    27139
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer

    Don't forget that no one on this board is qualified to give you medical advice unless he has "Dr" in front of his name, and rarely does a qualified MD post here. It's all broscience, no matter who he or she may be. You have a qualified medical practitioner diagnosing you with low test and no doubt has run tests on you before prescribing TRT. TRT is not a bad thing and it is fantastic therapy. We can all sit here and offer various opinions as to what may be causing low test, but listen to your doctor and enjoy the benefits of TRT.

    What else may cause low test? Many things, but don't second guess your doctor based on hearsay on this board. I say that because you are new to TRT and this forum and I don't want you to think that anyone here is more qualified than your doctor; they're not. Having said that, there are many good thoughts posted on this board and some valuable information that will help you understand what TRT is all about so you can be better informed when you discuss matters with your doctor.
    Great advice here...the doc didn't go to med school for nothing...
  12. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    1694159
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    96.97%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I am curious if when people say doctor, they mean an endo. It seems that many doctors, mine included, are very good at being a doctor but don't know crap about TRT. I'd talk to your doctor about your symptoms and then ask for a referral.
  13. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20690
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.79%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    I am curious if when people say doctor, they mean an endo. It seems that many doctors, mine included, are very good at being a doctor but don't know crap about TRT. I'd talk to your doctor about your symptoms and then ask for a referral.
    No, they don't necessarily mean an Endo... Many TRT Doctors know very little about TRT also, even though they claim to be TRT specialist. Chose a doctor you feel comfortable with. Egos can get in the way of sound decisions so chose wisely.
  14. Senior Member
    lboston's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    27139
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer

    No, they don't necessarily mean an Endo... Many TRT Doctors know very little about TRT also, even though they claim to be TRT specialist. Chose a doctor you feel comfortable with. Egos can get in the way of sound decisions so chose wisely.
    I tried an endo, then switched to a knowledgable urologist--MUCH happier. They tend to be much more open minded an willing to work with the patient.
  15. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Need to find medical Dr who full fill your needs and is compatible with you. Having a good relationship with your Dr is crucial to success in your treatment. Other wise as experience speaks from many as well as my own it can be frustrating to both the Dr and the patient resulting in regression instead of progressing. I had my battles with drs in my own past with health issues and it was a night mare getting me no where till I found the right one.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  16. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37207
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    Don't forget that no one on this board is qualified to give you medical advice unless he has "Dr" in front of his name, and rarely does a qualified MD post here. It's all broscience, no matter who he or she may be. You have a qualified medical practitioner diagnosing you with low test and no doubt has run tests on you before prescribing TRT. TRT is not a bad thing and it is fantastic therapy. We can all sit here and offer various opinions as to what may be causing low test, but listen to your doctor and enjoy the benefits of TRT.

    What else may cause low test? Many things, but don't second guess your doctor based on hearsay on this board. I say that because you are new to TRT and this forum and I don't want you to think that anyone here is more qualified than your doctor; they're not. Having said that, there are many good thoughts posted on this board and some valuable information that will help you understand what TRT is all about so you can be better informed when you discuss matters with your doctor.
    Great information! Too often many people think they know better than the Physician because they spent 15 minutes on Wikipedia! Sound advice from "TheMatrix" as well!
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Great advice here...the doc didn't go to med school for nothing...
    Its not the DR its what they are not being taught in med school which may be the issue..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. Advanced Member
    Axillist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    37207
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    68.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Its not the DR its what they are not being taught in med school which may be the issue..
    To be fair the Endocrine system is extremely complex to understand for even the most seasoned of student/physicians alike. A lot of General Practice Physicians only understand the dire basics of the system.
  19. New Member
    tat2jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    35
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.83%

    Thank you all for the input. I look forward to the benefits of trt. I was reccommended by my doctor to a specialist group. Im not sure whether I can post their name here. So far I feel like they know their stuff. I read somewhere I should supplement dhea and pregnenolone. I will ask the doc on monday his thoughts, but thought I'd ask here first.
  20. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by tat2jay View Post
    Thank you all for the input. I look forward to the benefits of trt. I was reccommended by my doctor to a specialist group. Im not sure whether I can post their name here. So far I feel like they know their stuff. I read somewhere I should supplement dhea and pregnenolone. I will ask the doc on monday his thoughts, but thought I'd ask here first.
    Number one question are you primary or secondary? If you balls are dead then TRT is not an option, if your LH is low then there is room for improvement. Again this is age dependent and case specific I have dealt with many cases with people with depression which anti depressants did not work, but looking to other areas such as the unresolved Subconsious confluects, GI tract, balancing neurotransmitters, adrenals, thyroid, sex hormones, and also identifying genetic mutations did help resolve their long standing depression. The goal is to find out why you have depression in the first place and deal with it at source.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in