Low Test, Est, Prog, Prognenolone

  1. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Low Test, Est, Prog, Prognenolone


    Hey everyone, new here and was hoping I could gain some insight about what I have going on with me. About 6 months ago I starting to become more tired after work(security guard) and was having to take naps after work. Also noticed I was waking up less refreshed every morning even after 8, 10, or even 12 hours of sleep. Now things are really bad. Always exhausted. Just turned 36 yesterday and feel elderly. I cant think and my memory has become horrible. Sometimes I studder because it seems my brain isnt working fast enough to talk at normal speed. Finally saw a doc 2 weeks ago and he ran a hormone test. I have low estradial(estrogen?), testosterone, progesterone, and my pregnenolone was 40, which he said was low but there was no range on the lab work. My DHEA was in normal range. What could cause this? What are some avenues to pursue besides expensive HRT? Thanks in advance.

  2. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20689
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It'd be helpful to know that the values were instead of just saying "low." You don't have low estrogen. It should be below let's say 32. There is no lower limit. What did your doctor recommend? There are many tests I would think he'd want to run before prescribing TRT, starting with your pituitary.
  3. New Member
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    61
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    31.26%

    post your TSH, T3, T4 please
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Goto my post "lab testing getting to the core" it will explain proper testing there. In cases such as your one needs a complete medical history, and all the information which is crucial to your case in order to know where to begin. As mentioned before some times the answer to the most complex are usually the simplest ones. Instead of Drs looking past their nose they just have to look under it.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    post your TSH, T3, T4 please
    Estradiol 7.2 7.6-42.6
    DHEA-Sulfate 266.7 88.9-427.0
    Progesterone 0.4 0.2-1.4
    Pregnenolone 40 <150
    Test-Serum 263 348-1197
    Test-Free 5.8 8.7-25.1
    B12 509 211-946
    T4-Free 1.13 0.82-1.77
    TSH 2.200 0.450-4.500
    T3 97 71-180
    T3-Free 2.9 2.0-4.4
    Reverse T3 16.3 13.5-34.2
    Iron 85 40-155


    This is from Labcorps. My doc hasn't recommended anything because he wants to charge me $150.00 for a powerpoint presentation/treatment plan. Looking for a different doctor presently. Most likely an Endo. Advice is welcome though!!!!!
  6. New Member
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    61
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    31.26%

    Now we need your LH.

    Have your ever done AAS, PCT, PH, DHT suppressors, or been kicked in the balls or head?
  7. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    Hey everyone, new here and was hoping I could gain some insight about what I have going on with me. About 6 months ago I starting to become more tired after work(security guard) and was having to take naps after work. Also noticed I was waking up less refreshed every morning even after 8, 10, or even 12 hours of sleep. Now things are really bad. Always exhausted. Just turned 36 yesterday and feel elderly. I cant think and my memory has become horrible. Sometimes I studder because it seems my brain isnt working fast enough to talk at normal speed. Finally saw a doc 2 weeks ago and he ran a hormone test. I have low estradial(estrogen?), testosterone, progesterone, and my pregnenolone was 40, which he said was low but there was no range on the lab work. My DHEA was in normal range. What could cause this? What are some avenues to pursue besides expensive HRT? Thanks in advance.
    You need to isolate the root cause of the problem then deal with it accordingly while supporting other biological pathways which complement it. PM me and be able to provide you a good practicioner who deals with these issues.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Now we need your LH.

    Have your ever done AAS, PCT, PH, DHT suppressors, or been kicked in the balls or head?

    Hey, thanks for the reply but I have no clue what those abbreviations are for. In 2008 I was in a car accident and my head hit the windshield. I have been whacked in the nuts probably as many times as the next guy.
  9. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    You need to isolate the root cause of the problem then deal with it accordingly while supporting other biological pathways which complement it. PM me and be able to provide you a good practicioner who deals with these issues.


    I totally agree with you. HRT to me is like oil replacement therapy for your car because you have a leak but you never look for the leak. I would appreciate a recommendation for a doc or some literature that could help me figure this out because I totally feel like crap ALL of the time. Unfortunately I cant PM you beacuse it says I need to post more than 7 times. Thanks for your time.
  10. Senior Member
    DetroitHammer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,211
    Rep Power
    20689
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    41.38%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    Hey, thanks for the reply but I have no clue what those abbreviations are for. In 2008 I was in a car accident and my head hit the windshield. I have been whacked in the nuts probably as many times as the next guy.
    AAS = Anabolic, Androgenic Steroids
    PCT = Post Cycle Therapy
    PH = Prohormones (Usually over the counter stuff)
    DHT = Dihydrotestosterone...Testoste rone will convert to this very potent androgen.
  11. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHammer View Post
    AAS = Anabolic, Androgenic Steroids
    PCT = Post Cycle Therapy
    PH = Prohormones (Usually over the counter stuff)
    DHT = Dihydrotestosterone...Testoste rone will convert to this very potent androgen.
    Oh, ok. Nope...Never. Thanks for the quick reply!
  12. New Member
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    61
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    31.26%

    LH Luteinizing Hormone

    And yes this is important because it will indicate if you are primary or secondary hypogonal.
  13. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    LH Luteinizing Hormone

    And yes this is important because it will indicate if you are primary or secondary hypogonal.
    I will tell the doc(when I find a good one) to check for that. Thanks.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    I will tell the doc(when I find a good one) to check for that. Thanks.
    Pm me location I would be sure to find you one
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. New Member
    shbg82's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    61
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    31.26%

    Who won????? The windshield or your head? That post sent chills up my spine.
  16. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by shbg82 View Post
    Who won????? The windshield or your head? That post sent chills up my spine.
    The windshield won. I only went partially through it. The pm's aren't working yet for me but Im in West Palm Beach,Fl. Thanks for the help guys.
  17. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    The windshield won. I only went partially through it. The pm's aren't working yet for me but Im in West Palm Beach,Fl. Thanks for the help guys.
    I really do not need to think you need to go further. An MRI with and with out contrast should be able to rule this out as well as clomid challenge to see if your are primary vs secondary from a good dr...
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  18. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Im finally scheduled to get an mri. Right now Im on androgel 1% and Anastrozole .5 mg a day. Its been 2 weeks and I really dont feel all that good. Not as good as I thought I would on the trt anyways. Any thoughts?
  19. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    Im finally scheduled to get an mri. Right now Im on androgel 1% and Anastrozole .5 mg a day. Its been 2 weeks and I really dont feel all that good. Not as good as I thought I would on the trt anyways. Any thoughts?
    Your driving your e2 way down causing major issues with joints, moods, and inablity to possible get erections, as well as muscle pumps at the gym. Well like I said its the skill of the person who is adminstering the HRT which giving .5 mgs a day is asking for trouble as well as osteroporsis long term if continued. Blood test should be ran 10 days after start gels to see where levels are at. Just about every one here will agree your probably not absorpbing the gel and your e2 will be tanked at that dosage of ADEX ...Normal is .25 every 3-4 days not .5 mgs EVD, if you lift heavy you could rupture a tendon very easily....
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  20. New Member
    hugh jass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    39
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    33.75%

    Maybe I'll stop taking the andrex and see how I feel. Im getting my levels checked in 30 days to se
    e if its working. What's the alternative to Androgel that insurance may cover? The plan with the doc is to get myself feeling better and ween off the Androgel after 90 days and then supplement with herbal type test booster to maintain peak levels. Is this plan a waste? Will it even work?
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hugh jass View Post
    Maybe I'll stop taking the andrex and see how I feel. Im getting my levels checked in 30 days to se
    e if its working. What's the alternative to Androgel that insurance may cover? The plan with the doc is to get myself feeling better and ween off the Androgel after 90 days and then supplement with herbal type test booster to maintain peak levels. Is this plan a waste? Will it even work?
    an this is why you do a clomid challenge in the first place...to take guessing work out of the equation...Herbal type of test booster is going to do jack crap, unless (even if then) you have all the other adrenals, thyroid, sex hormones. metabolic and neurological pathways, building blocks, all ready to go. Body get used to herbs with in matter of a few weeks then what is the next step? DO I like the ideology of what the end goal YES , but I do not like the logic on how you are going to get there. Just with the few things suggested already red flags are going up ....Hocus pocus
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Prog Gyno - Need Help Today!!
    By Teddy21 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 06:35 AM
  2. Preventing on cycle Prog. Gyno
    By TheDarkHalf in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 12:24 PM
  3. 1st Sustanon 250 Cycle w/ Prog/Pics
    By Jsherbro in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 10:34 AM
  4. P-plex gave me prog-gyno
    By Einherjer89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-14-2009, 09:44 PM
  5. Is 7-keto/prog/test 25/25/50 lotion safe?
    By 996ttelise in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in