HRT Test Cyp Question

  1. New Member
    laidback64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%

    HRT Test Cyp Question


    New to Hrt. Found out my total test is 220 and my Lh is 5. Doc prescribed test Cyp. He seems to be pretty knowlegable, but He is wanting to do one shot monthly. He gave me a 800 mg shot of of test Cyp last week. I come back a month from that date to get another one.Should I see if he will split that up and give me two 400 mg shots a month. Finally would the following be correct about the half life of my Monthly shot and on average how much does 100mg of test Cyp raise my test levels/ng.1-7 days. 800 mg8-14 days 400 mg15-21 days 200 mg22 -30 days 100 mg35 year old/240 lb male from Arizona

  2. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,665
    Rep Power
    4117359
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    22.77%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Im pretty new to HRT myself but what your doctor has you doing sounds ridiculous. That 800mg should probably be divided into 100mg twice a week injections to avoid the giant hormonal rise and fall of that massive monthly dose. You should see if you can do self injections.

    Someone with a little more experience will most likely chime in.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    bad rad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    38
    Posts
    382
    Rep Power
    1915
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    68.48%

    That's a horrible way to dose testosterone. He basing this off of old publishing stating that it has a 3 week active life, doesn't work out that way real world. It will give you high test levels levels for a week and high estrogen for even longer. Testosterone should be injected weekly at the minimum. The newest drug inserts state a 6 day half life, which is accurate.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals! Yes, that's me in my avatar.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by laidback64 View Post
    New to Hrt. Found out my total test is 220 and my Lh is 5. Doc prescribed test Cyp. He seems to be pretty knowlegable, but He is wanting to do one shot monthly. He gave me a 800 mg shot of of test Cyp last week. I come back a month from that date to get another one.Should I see if he will split that up and give me two 400 mg shots a month. Finally would the following be correct about the half life of my Monthly shot and on average how much does 100mg of test Cyp raise my test levels/ng.1-7 days. 800 mg8-14 days 400 mg15-21 days 200 mg22 -30 days 100 mg35 year old/240 lb male from Arizona
    This dr is a complete uneducated dinosaur who is putting you at major risk of psychological as well as physical harm. Run and run as fast you can never looking back. With LH of 5 then you need to find out WHY and not blast your self with non medically justifiable amounts of testosterone. The average dosage is 50-60 mgs 2 times a week in order to keep plasma levels stead. Doing 800 mgs of testosterone will cause plasma levels into the 8,000 !! which is over 1000x the physiological range increasing your side effects of cardiovascular, psychological, and other harm. BTW a syringe only has 3 CC in it so he is using a 5 CC barrel. This is medically unexceptable
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. New Member
    laidback64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%

    He broke it into two shots (at same visit). One in each cheek. Will this one shot hurt me at so high a dosage? I was thinking about asking for only hcg shots and see if that would rev up my testicles enough to start producing around 700 ng naturally.

    As far as my test being low, I have noticed my testicles shrinking (prior to test Cyp shot). The reason I went to dr to begin with is is I was having depression, extreme fatigue, weight gain, and lack of motivation. Sex drive never dropped, if anything it rose. I have no idea what change in the last couple years.

    Also, here is some more of blood test results (pre test Cyp sho)

    Estradiol. 33
    TSH. .9
    Free T4. 1.1
    Free T3. 3.1. (prescribed armour thyroid 30 mg)
    Cortisol. 7
    Insulin 11
    Psa .8
    Cholesterol is high around 260
  6. New Member
    laidback64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%

    As far as finding another doctor, he is only one of this kind around.
  7. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by laidback64 View Post
    He broke it into two shots (at same visit). One in each cheek. Will this one shot hurt me at so high a dosage? I was thinking about asking for only hcg shots and see if that would rev up my testicles enough to start producing around 700 ng naturally.

    As far as my test being low, I have noticed my testicles shrinking (prior to test Cyp shot). The reason I went to dr to begin with is is I was having depression, extreme fatigue, weight gain, and lack of motivation. Sex drive never dropped, if anything it rose. I have no idea what change in the last couple years.

    Also, here is some more of blood test results (pre test Cyp sho)

    Estradiol. 33
    TSH. .9
    Free T4. 1.1
    Free T3. 3.1. (prescribed armour thyroid 30 mg)
    Cortisol. 7
    Insulin 11
    Psa .8
    Cholesterol is high around 260
    Insulin levels are too high <5 is where you want them which would indicate poor lifestyle choices and nutrition which is 80% core of the issue with cases I work with Dr's. Depression can be brought upon by many different things. Since dealing in to more metabolic issues at the cellular level I am finding a higher correlation from inflammation from GI form poor absorption of nutrients. Food for thought. Hormones are just 25% of the equation you Dr has not even look into the other 75%. This is usually where I tend to the "why" part when dealing with cases from Dr's. IMO you are setting your self up for complete failure and actually Dr is putting you at high risk of psychological distress. Given this high level of testosterone on first injection can potential cause neuological impact on the person which may not be pleasant of forgiving. I have seen this happen to people because they had predisopsition to depression in the family. The end result was increased anxiety, panic attack. Your e2 at 800 mgs will be close to 100-150 which is putting you at high risk of heart attacks and stroke. Doing it one time chances of these are occuring are very very minimal, but its not always 100%
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. New Member
    laidback64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%



    The closest place I live next to that sells any type of supplements is Walmart do they carry anything that might could keep my e2 levels down? Also should I take anything for liver.
  9. New Member
    laidback64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    104
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%

    Also based on the info I posted what do you think my be causing my testicals not to produce much test anymore?
  10. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by laidback64 View Post
    Also based on the info I posted what do you think my be causing my testicals not to produce much test anymore?
    This question is like asking a mechanic "whats wrong my car. it will not start" Please Arizona is loaded with Dr's who specialize in this stuff. Its one of the only states with Naturopathic colleges in the USA. I have tons of contact out there..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. New Member
    heroxyouxhate's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    54
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    10.52%

    Holy crap 800mg. I'd hate to see your e2 levels

    Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk
  12. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by heroxyouxhate View Post
    Holy crap 800mg. I'd hate to see your e2 levels

    Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk
    My point exactly but if he as not reach plasma levels it may not be that bad. Again ever one reaction is different.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  13. New Member
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    650
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    49.31%

    "For complete androgen replacement, the regimenshould be between 50 and 100 mg of testosterone enanthate or cypionate administered intramuscularly every 7 to
    10 days, which will achieve relatively normal levels of
    testosterone throughout the time interval between injections (50). Longer time intervals are more convenient but
    are associated with greater fluctuations in testosterone levels. Higher doses of testosterone produce longer-term
    effects but also higher peak levels and wider swings
    between peak and nadir circulating testosterone levels; the
    result is fluctuating symptoms in many patients (51)."
    https://www.aace.com/sites/default/files/hypogonadism.pdf
    n
    ot perfect, but at least it is coming from a recognized association of specialists.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    "For complete androgen replacement, the regimenshould be between 50 and 100 mg of testosterone enanthate or cypionate administered intramuscularly every 7 to
    10 days, which will achieve relatively normal levels of
    testosterone throughout the time interval between injections (50). Longer time intervals are more convenient but
    are associated with greater fluctuations in testosterone levels. Higher doses of testosterone produce longer-term
    effects but also higher peak levels and wider swings
    between peak and nadir circulating testosterone levels; the
    result is fluctuating symptoms in many patients (51)."
    https://www.aace.com/sites/default/files/hypogonadism.pdf
    n
    ot perfect, but at least it is coming from a recognized association of specialists.
    Your still going to peak at 1000 dropped to 300 by next shot. This is way too much fluctuation
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. New Member
    v4lu3s's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    349
    Rep Power
    650
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    49.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Your still going to peak at 1000 dropped to 300 by next shot. This is way too much fluctuation

    and its still WAY better than 800mg once a month or 400mg twice month. The fact that it is also backed by a nationally recognized organisation will also be more convincing to his doctor, even though once people are really knowledgeable they will more easily understand where you are coming from and be willing to ignore the tired old school information that is considered acceptable.
  16. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7699
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
    and its still WAY better than 800mg once a month or 400mg twice month. The fact that it is also backed by a nationally recognized organisation will also be more convincing to his doctor, even though once people are really knowledgeable they will more easily understand where you are coming from and be willing to ignore the tired old school information that is considered acceptable.
    The solution to this is to have the shot self adminstered. in order for you to stay with in the recommended guidelines but to just increased frequency of shots.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  17. Senior Member
    lexmuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,067
    Rep Power
    147898
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    71.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Good God this is giving me a panic attack just reading it haha I can't imagine the irritability and anxiety I'd get from that much test administered at once! I get enough from 50mg! Your doc is nuts.
  18. New Member
    jdphx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    31
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.33%

    Laid Back, not sure where in AZ you live but I am in the valley and my Endo i found is the best way to go. My doc put me on gel but it did not help went to my endo, she did scans and tests to see what the cause is, and i started Test C last week, self injection. She started me at .5cc due to my low numbers to start with. I had a total test score of 21 on one blood test followed up by a 75 the next week. Let me know where you live. Jeff
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Test E vs. Test C Question
    By Dark in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
  2. Test No Ester (TNE/Test Suspension) Question
    By Outstanding in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 03:16 PM
  3. Finshed Test/Deca, onto Test/EQ...Dbol question
    By orangutan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 04:11 PM
  4. Help with question on test cyp.
    By bball in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 03:43 AM
  5. test base / 1-test question
    By lvtrojan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in