Sub-Normal Temps..What to do?

Subtemp

Awards
I’ve been working with a doctor for TRT for over 6 months now. My main complaint has always been that I’m hot/sweaty, sweat easily and am constantly thirsty. The doctor had me do a 4-day temperature challenge, which involved me taking my body temperature when I first wake up and every three hours thereafter. As you can see from the below chart, my temps are well below normal. He’s scratching his head a bit since my blood work does not indicate a problem.

If all of my numbers are good, what would this indicate?

Thanks all.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
7:30 96.4 96.3 96.9 95.9
10:30 97.0 95.6 96.1 97.1
1:30 96.8 96.8 96.3 96.8
4:30 96.9 96.2 96.8 95.8

Last edited:
bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
That's a completely normal temp range. Everyone is different and that could just be your normal range.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I’ve been working with a doctor for TRT for over 6 months now. My main complaint has always been that I’m hot/sweaty, sweat easily and am constantly thirsty. The doctor had me do a 4-day temperature challenge, which involved me taking my body temperature when I first wake up and every three hours thereafter. As you can see from the below chart, my temps are well below normal. He’s scratching his head a bit since my blood work does not indicate a problem.

If all of my numbers are good, what would this indicate?

Thanks all.

Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday
7:30 96.4 96.3 96.9 95.9
10:30 97.0 95.6 96.1 97.1
1:30 96.8 96.8 96.3 96.8
4:30 96.9 96.2 96.8 95.8
Unfortunately most Dr's are not taught how to properly evaluate thyroid and adrenal function. You wonder why so many people slip through the cracks and given HRT when really it was something else in stead. They all look at symptoms never at the cause. BTW Most Dr's have no idea to go back and check the thyroid after starting HRT because some times it drops them never having a clue why vast majority of thyroid cases are missed by Dr's. This is due to the fact they look at the blood not the other 80% of the equation. HRT can cause a whole chain of enzymatic reactions with in the cascade. The main on is adrenal issues which probably was not evaluate with in the first place.

Subtemp

Awards
That's a completely normal temp range. Everyone is different and that could just be your normal range.
Interesting. I hear of doctors putting people on HC if their temps are below 98.

Subtemp

Awards
Unfortunately most Dr's are not taught how to properly evaluate thyroid and adrenal function. You wonder why so many people slip through the cracks and given HRT when really it was something else in stead. They all look at symptoms never at the cause. BTW Most Dr's have no idea to go back and check the thyroid after starting HRT because some times it drops them never having a clue why vast majority of thyroid cases are missed by Dr's. This is due to the fact they look at the blood not the other 80% of the equation. HRT can cause a whole chain of enzymatic reactions with in the cascade. The main on is adrenal issues which probably was not evaluate with in the first place.
My thyroid has been re-checked since re-starting trt. My cortisol came back low on my original blood test so he started me on 10mg of HC in the morning.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ever have rT3 (reverse T3) checked? It's worth looking into based on the symptoms.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, what type of cortisol test did you have done? Serum blood draw? 4x saliva? 24 hour urine?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
My thyroid has been re-checked since re-starting trt. My cortisol came back low on my original blood test so he started me on 10mg of HC in the morning.
BAD MOVE---
He playing fill the gas tank which is not the best approach. FIND THE CAUSE TO WHY !!!! because it is most likely masking something deeper. Since worker with medical professionals it has been over 2 years since I have even suggest HC to a Dr. By identifying and addressing the root of the cause we have gotten great results with out it. For a dr to address HC just by one morning cortisol level is dark ages behind the time methodology. The end result is going to be have you stuck on HC and not being able to get off it causing a whole hormonal cascade that is a night mare. I was on cortef for 3 years, If the Dr would have addressed the issue in the first place I would not have been on it. HC IS A BANDAID EFFECT. Trying to get people off this crap is one of the most challenging factors. Simple correcting sleep patterns making simple lifestyle changes as a few other tweaks brought adrenals right back in line. Understanding the proper pathology of the problem would have probably taken care of the entire scenerio in the first place. DR's hear, but rarely listen or talk about their accomplishment yadaada, for 3/4 of time and then talk about your issue. Been down that road and wasted 10,000's of dollars on people who do not listen. Yours is typical scenerio..

Subtemp

Awards
Ever have rT3 (reverse T3) checked? It's worth looking into based on the symptoms.
Yes. As of 11/8, my reverse T3 was 227 pg/mL (90-350)

Also, what type of cortisol test did you have done? Serum blood draw? 4x saliva? 24 hour urine?
I've had all 3 done in the past 6 months. I basically wake up with afternoon cortisol levels according to the saliva.

Subtemp

Awards
BAD MOVE---
He playing fill the gas tank which is not the best approach. FIND THE CAUSE TO WHY !!!! because it is most likely masking something deeper. Since worker with medical professionals it has been over 2 years since I have even suggest HC to a Dr. By identifying and addressing the root of the cause we have gotten great results with out it. For a dr to address HC just by one morning cortisol level is dark ages behind the time methodology. The end result is going to be have you stuck on HC and not being able to get off it causing a whole hormonal cascade that is a night mare. I was on cortef for 3 years, If the Dr would have addressed the issue in the first place I would not have been on it. HC IS A BANDAID EFFECT. Trying to get people off this crap is one of the most challenging factors. Simple correcting sleep patterns making simple lifestyle changes as a few other tweaks brought adrenals right back in line. Understanding the proper pathology of the problem would have probably taken care of the entire scenerio in the first place. DR's hear, but rarely listen or talk about their accomplishment yadaada, for 3/4 of time and then talk about your issue. Been down that road and wasted 10,000's of dollars on people who do not listen. Yours is typical scenerio..
Matrix,

I understand what you're saying. The issue is, I've become so bad off that it's hard to even leave the house. I've been to several doctors and this is the first to run the full cortisol tests, run my temps and try to fix me.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix,

I understand what you're saying. The issue is, I've become so bad off that it's hard to even leave the house. I've been to several doctors and this is the first to run the full cortisol tests, run my temps and try to fix me.
Instead of using the word "fix" use "rebalance" Fix is something you throw a bandaid on and hope it does not break.
Your Dr needs a hell of a lot more testing. The dr's who i associate with I will ask their Dr to draw 15-20 vials of blood on first visit, run nutra eval, urine and saliva test in order to get a true snap shot of what is really going on. Great you run a thyroid test it looks normal but in the mean time your Lp(a) is 20. DING DING..You have a functional thyroid deficiency at the cellular levels even though the blood serum are normal with TSH of 2.5 upper range ft3 ft4. Look perfect may be to dr, but not to me.

Subtemp

Awards
What about Wilson's, Matrix? Normal thyroid readings with hypothyroid symptoms?

Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome not disease....

wilsonssyndrome.com - can't post links yet.

Last edited:
MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I had looked into this, but it seemed to be due mostly to the high rT3, which yours is in range.

Chris98vobra

Awards
Yes. As of 11/8, my reverse T3 was 227 pg/mL (90-350)

I've had all 3 done in the past 6 months. I basically wake up with afternoon cortisol levels according to the saliva.
RT3 levels in themselves are not how you tell if you have an issue. It is the ratio of FT3 to RT3. You want over a 20:1 ratio. Do you have your FT3 numbers?

Cortisol levels will influence the stability of your body temps also. If low in the morning, then you may have adrenal inefficiency (as I have at the moment). This was all likely caused by long term RT3 issues.

Subtemp

Awards
RT3 levels in themselves are not how you tell if you have an issue. It is the ratio of FT3 to RT3. You want over a 20:1 ratio. Do you have your FT3 numbers?

Cortisol levels will influence the stability of your body temps also. If low in the morning, then you may have adrenal inefficiency (as I have at the moment). This was all likely caused by long term RT3 issues.
Reverse T3 227 pg/mL (90-350)
Free T3 3.8 pg/mL (2.0-4.4)

Chris98vobra

Awards
16.74:1 isn't too bad. I know iron levels and other things can also affect body temps. Are you sure your thermometer is accurate?

Subtemp

Awards
I used 3 different ones to make sure it was accurate. Are you saying that my ratio shouldn't make me feel that bad?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
16.74:1 isn't too bad. I know iron levels and other things can also affect body temps.
Good post. Ferritin levels and such.

And you're right about the ratio; I failed to mention that.

Chris98vobra

Awards
I used 3 different ones to make sure it was accurate. Are you saying that my ratio shouldn't make me feel that bad?
Not saying that and getting on a RT3 program may help you. Just saying your numbers are marginal, not bad. My wife has a 15:1 ratio and body temps between 97 and 98. Her FT3 is a bit low so we are working to bring that up instead. I'd suggest you find a good doctor to run this by as I am not an expert.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

High rt3 is just a symptom of stress to the body. I rarely recommed t3 to Drs and more because dealing with other issues resolves the rt3 problem. I never believed in wilson syndrome, high rt3 issue is more likely in angelo saxon, irish, mexican, american indian, eastern european decent which goes back to their genetic inablity to handle stress. Which goes back to adrenals which goes back to the root cause in the first place