Labcorp estradiol tests - standard vs. sensitive - AnabolicMinds.com

Labcorp estradiol tests - standard vs. sensitive

1. New Member

Labcorp estradiol tests - standard vs. sensitive

I'm not on TRT, or overweight, but my E2 runs high, I think because of the diltiazem I take for blood pressure. So I've been on a very small dose of Arimidex for a number of years, and had E2 stabilized in the mid-20s - based on the *standard* Labcorp test for E2 via LEF.org, every four months.

The last two tests, however, have shown high-teens readings despite a reduction in the dose of Adex I take. So I thought I would get the sensitive test next time, which LEF says they can do for $55.

But I'm not sure at this point how I would interpret the results of the sensitive test. I assume the standard test shows more variability in the low range, but is there a consistent bias in the results from these two tests? Does one consistently show higher values on average than the other? If so, do we know which one (if either) is actually correct? Or is it that the standard test produces the same results on average, but just bounces around more than the sensitive test.

In the past the standard test has given me pretty consistent results - inversely related to the Adex dose in a way that made sense. Only the last two readings seemed a bit low, but of course they may have been right on the money for all I know.

I'm just worried about making my life more complicated by switching horses in mid-stream. So I would switch to the sensitive test only if I were pretty sure the results are right. Has anyone ever had both tests done on the same blood sample to see how close they were?

I would add one curious thing about my Adex history. I use the "generic" liquid version, and over time the amount I need to take to keep E2 in the low-to-mid 20's has steadily declined, to the point that before the most recent test I was taking 1/533 mg per day, and still got a reading of 18. That's spreading one miligram of Adex over 18 months. Some have told me that such a small dose couldn't possibly have any effect, but I can assure you it does. I stopped it altogether after the last test, mainly to see where I would end up now if unmedicated (was 48 when tested several years ago), but after a month off the stuff I feel the difference, and believe the next test will show me well above 30.

Anyway, what the difference in results from the standard and sensitive tests? Is there a bias in the results? Do we know which one is right?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    I'm not on TRT, or overweight, but my E2 runs high, I think because of the diltiazem I take for blood pressure. So I've been on a very small dose of Arimidex for a number of years, and had E2 stabilized in the mid-20s - based on the *standard* Labcorp test for E2 via LEF.org, every four months.

The last two tests, however, have shown high-teens readings despite a reduction in the dose of Adex I take. So I thought I would get the sensitive test next time, which LEF says they can do for $55.

But I'm not sure at this point how I would interpret the results of the sensitive test. I assume the standard test shows more variability in the low range, but is there a consistent bias in the results from these two tests? Does one consistently show higher values on average than the other? If so, do we know which one (if either) is actually correct? Or is it that the standard test produces the same results on average, but just bounces around more than the sensitive test.

In the past the standard test has given me pretty consistent results - inversely related to the Adex dose in a way that made sense. Only the last two readings seemed a bit low, but of course they may have been right on the money for all I know.

I'm just worried about making my life more complicated by switching horses in mid-stream. So I would switch to the sensitive test only if I were pretty sure the results are right. Has anyone ever had both tests done on the same blood sample to see how close they were?

I would add one curious thing about my Adex history. I use the "generic" liquid version, and over time the amount I need to take to keep E2 in the low-to-mid 20's has steadily declined, to the point that before the most recent test I was taking 1/533 mg per day, and still got a reading of 18. That's spreading one miligram of Adex over 18 months. Some have told me that such a small dose couldn't possibly have any effect, but I can assure you it does. I stopped it altogether after the last test, mainly to see where I would end up now if unmedicated (was 48 when tested several years ago), but after a month off the stuff I feel the difference, and believe the next test will show me well above 30.

Anyway, what the difference in results from the standard and sensitive tests? Is there a bias in the results? Do we know which one is right?

Thanks for any advice.
    i am running a comparison on them and finding different answers in each one. The 7.6-42 seems to be the more accurate on. I am having a person compare that with the quest 4021x to see if there is match..Blood test taken 10 minutes apart from lab corp and quest labs. Should be interesting. Hormones are perfect according to the test, but seems to be high e2 issues which may be hidden due to invalid lab testing. Might suggest the Dr try AI based on symptoms since every thing else is in healthy range..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    i am running a comparison on them and finding different answers in each one. The 7.6-42 seems to be the more accurate one. I am having a person compare that with the quest 4021x to see if there is match..Blood test taken 10 minutes apart from lab corp and quest labs. Should be interesting. Hormones are perfect according to the test, but seems to be high e2 issues which may be hidden due to invalid lab testing. Might suggest the Dr try AI based on symptoms since every thing else is in healthy range..
    Thanks for the reply. I've seen in some of your other posts on this subject that you believe the Labcorp sensitive test is skewed to give low values which are not accurate. If that's the case, then the standard test - the cheap one I've been using - is the one I should stick with. As a practical matter, I can't get the Quest test, so the Laborp tests are what I have to choose from.

Still, I'm having trouble coming up with an explanation for why my E2 would have dropped from 25 to 16 even though the Adex dose was reduced. I did have to deal with a family illness, during which I lost 10 lbs, so maybe that had something to do with it - less body fat, less aromatase. Well, I just don't know.

Anyway, I hope you'll report here on any results you get on your comparisons.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Estradiol, Sensitive and Estradiol Levels
    By aaronexists in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
  2. Going back to estradiol sensitive essay
    By The Matrix in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 06:16 PM
  3. Estradiol - standard vs. ultrasensitive
    By LeanGuy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2008, 08:06 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:36 PM
  5. Is the standard LabCorp E2 test useful?
    By peabody in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM