Bloodwork and how to address the results.

  1. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Bloodwork and how to address the results.


    I had some bloodwork done last week and am curious what steps I should take at getting lipids back in check? Here are the results in question. I had been fasting for about 14-16hrs.

    Total Cholest.-175
    Trigs-178(H)
    Hdl-33(L)
    Non Hdl-142
    LDL Calc-106
    Vldl 30(H)
    Chol/HDL ratio-5.3(H)
    Alt-87(H)
    Ast 48. (I had worked out the day prior which was a pretty intense session including heavy deads so I am not sure as to what effect that had)
    Glucose-85
    Vitamin D- 38

    My thyroid has always been sluggish, and this time came back at:
    TSH-5.44
    Free T4-.9
    Free T3-2.6
    Rev T3-waiting on result

    I am wanting to try to bring my triglycerides back down, as they were always in the 80's, and my total cholesterol was in the 125 range. My HDL has been 33 for YEARS, and never seems to come up no matter what I do.

    I would appreciate any thoughts, or recommendations of possible supplementation to help address this.

  2. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I had some bloodwork done last week and am curious what steps I should take at getting lipids back in check? Here are the results in question. I had been fasting for about 14-16hrs.

    Total Cholest.-175
    Trigs-178(H)
    Hdl-33(L)
    Non Hdl-142
    LDL Calc-106
    Vldl 30(H)
    Chol/HDL ratio-5.3(H)
    Alt-87(H)
    Ast 48. (I had worked out the day prior which was a pretty intense session including heavy deads so I am not sure as to what effect that had)
    Glucose-85
    Vitamin D- 38

    My thyroid has always been sluggish, and this time came back at:
    TSH-5.44
    Free T4-.9
    Free T3-2.6
    Rev T3-waiting on result

    I am wanting to try to bring my triglycerides back down, as they were always in the 80's, and my total cholesterol was in the 125 range. My HDL has been 33 for YEARS, and never seems to come up no matter what I do.

    I would appreciate any thoughts, or recommendations of possible supplementation to help address this.
    Find out why thyroid is out of balance,
    cholesterol in 125 is dangerous.
    Focus on proper lifestyles, stress management, proper nutrition (low carbs, higher proteins, good fiber content)
    Vitamin D optimal is about 70 (10,000 ius per day get you up there) retest in 6 weeks.

    Examine root cause by evaluating proper pathology and medical history.
    Thyroid is just a symptoms of the cause in majority of cases.
    Further testing is needed on adrenals, thyroid , and sex hormones, as well as many other parameters. Please reference my post of getting to the root cause.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  3. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Find out why thyroid is out of balance,
    cholesterol in 125 is dangerous.
    Focus on proper lifestyles, stress management, proper nutrition (low carbs, higher proteins, good fiber content)
    Vitamin D optimal is about 70 (10,000 ius per day get you up there) retest in 6 weeks.

    Examine root cause by evaluating proper pathology and medical history.
    Thyroid is just a simple of the cause in majority of cases.
    Further testing is needed on adrenals, thyroid , and sex hormones, as well as many other parameters. Please reference my post of getting to the root cause.
    Are you saying Cholesterol of 125 is dangerously low? Where do you like to see total Cholesterol, and HDL?
    Thanks for the insight Matrix.

    Do you think the high Trigs are from my thyroid being low?

    I have Bio-D Mulsion forte I have been using, but I am going to increase my dose to 10,000iu.

    I eat low carbs, higher protein, good fats, etc. My diet is dialed in, and has been for years.

    I have almost ZERO stress, I sleep fine, etc. I have had a slow thyroid for YEARS now, and just been living with it as no DR seems to want to address it. My mother has a long history of thyroid issues, and had hers partially removed.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Are you saying Cholesterol of 125 is dangerously low? Where do you like to see total Cholesterol, and HDL?
    Thanks for the insight Matrix.

    Do you think the high Trigs are from my thyroid being low?

    I have Bio-D Mulsion forte I have been using, but I am going to increase my dose to 10,000iu.

    I eat low carbs, higher protein, good fats, etc. My diet is dialed in, and has been for years.

    I have almost ZERO stress, I sleep fine, etc. I have had a slow thyroid for YEARS now, and just been living with it as no DR seems to want to address it. My mother has a long history of thyroid issues, and had hers partially removed.
    Your free levels of thyroid are low but probably have good totals which means it all bounded up for some reason (e2 or xenoestrogens) . E2 can drive insulin resistance even on a great diet. Many people who eat well end up with health issues because they eat unbalanced or the type of diet, low carb higher protein can cause a down regulation in thyroid function in some people. Before firing away at the thyroid make sure the adrenals are prepared to handle the extra metabolism. your thyroid was half azzed check never check for TBG, TPO and TGAB which could be a huge factor in your condition. You have to check the thyroid directly and indirectly to see what could be jamming it all up. Correcting raising vitamin D up to 70-80 level I have seen thyroid kick right into gear and also lipids go right back into check.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  5. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Your free levels of thyroid are low but probably have good totals which means it all bounded up for some reason (e2 or xenoestrogens) . E2 can drive insulin resistance even on a great diet. Many people who eat well end up with health issues because they eat unbalanced or the type of diet, low carb higher protein can cause a down regulation in thyroid function in some people. Before firing away at the thyroid make sure the adrenals are prepared to handle the extra metabolism. your thyroid was half azzed check never check for TBG, TPO and TGAB which could be a huge factor in your condition. You have to check the thyroid directly and indirectly to see what could be jamming it all up. Correcting raising vitamin D up to 70-80 level I have seen thyroid kick right into gear and also lipids go right back into check.
    Thanks again. I will have to see if my Dr will check those tests, and adrenals.

    What Total Cholesterol, triglycerides, and HDL do you feel is optimal?

    Once optimal vitamin D is reached, do you back off to 2000iu a day or so?
  6. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Thanks again. I will have to see if my Dr will check those tests, and adrenals.

    What Total Cholesterol, triglycerides, and HDL do you feel is optimal?

    Once optimal vitamin D is reached, do you back off to 2000iu a day or so?
    Total >160<220
    tri < 80
    Hdl >50

    Actual.there.are other factor which are more.important to.these.readings
    Average.ends.up 6-10,000 a day vitamin d
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  7. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ok thanks. I guess now I need to figure out how to get my Trigs down asap..hah
  8. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    [QUOTE=Frank Reynolds;3158359]Ok thanks. I guess now I need to figure out how to get my Trigs down asap..hah[/QUOTE

    i.just had a case of this.
    Perfect.diet 100% organic paleo diet
    high.lipids
    i.also had.battery of test ran for free
    showing.major.inflammatory responses histmines and.glutamate were.screaming high
    no.food.allergies but.major.gi issues with severe.hidden overgrown of candida. I.have seen.this.pattern many.times. Once correct.lipids go.back.to.normal.with out.hrt
    addressing root cause is.always key.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  9. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    [QUOTE=The Matrix;3158515]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Ok thanks. I guess now I need to figure out how to get my Trigs down asap..hah[/QUOTE

    i.just had a case of this.
    Perfect.diet 100% organic paleo diet
    high.lipids
    i.also had.battery of test ran for free
    showing.major.inflammatory responses histmines and.glutamate were.screaming high
    no.food.allergies but.major.gi issues with severe.hidden overgrown of candida. I.have seen.this.pattern many.times. Once correct.lipids go.back.to.normal.with out.hrt
    addressing root cause is.always key.
    My issue is relying on my Dr to FIND these, and test for them.. I have ran into dead ends so many times in the past with Dr's I have little faith. And I can't just afford to spend a few thousand dollars flying out of state to see someone else, or get a million and one blood tests done. It is like a viscous cycle.
  10. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    [QUOTE=Frank Reynolds;3158536]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    My issue is relying on my Dr to FIND these, and test for them.. I have ran into dead ends so many times in the past with Dr's I have little faith. And I can't just afford to spend a few thousand dollars flying out of state to see someone else, or get a million and one blood tests done. It is like a viscous cycle.
    If a person has insurance it can be a wonderful thing. Learn from my lesson, pay now or ended up paying down the road with your health and may not be able to work if it is not dealt with now. No need to fly out of state, just have to have a good Dr to who you can turn to. Where are you located.? I have a whole net work of them around the country I am associated with.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    [QUOTE=The Matrix;3159246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post

    If a person has insurance it can be a wonderful thing. Learn from my lesson, pay now or ended up paying down the road with your health and may not be able to work if it is not dealt with now. No need to fly out of state, just have to have a good Dr to who you can turn to. Where are you located.? I have a whole net work of them around the country I am associated with.
    I have insurance, it just seems like any Dr who actually knows anything about properly treating these issues doesn't take insurance. I would love to get this taken care of as it sucks having such a **** metabolism.

    I am in AZ. Do you know anyone out this way? I had thought about going to see Dr Mariano in CA but it would just be too much $$
  12. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    [QUOTE=Frank Reynolds;3159313]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I have insurance, it just seems like any Dr who actually knows anything about properly treating these issues doesn't take insurance. I would love to get this taken care of as it sucks having such a **** metabolism.

    I am in AZ. Do you know anyone out this way? I had thought about going to see Dr Mariano in CA but it would just be too much $$
    Mariano is good
    You can not put a price tag on your health. I have a Dr i texas would be open minded as well and he takes insurance.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  13. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Mariano is good
    You can not put a price tag on your health. I have a Dr i texas would be open minded as well and he takes insurance.
    LOL.. I understand but if I don't have the disposable income to spend, then I CAN put a price on health. What other option do I have? It is like saying "you should drive a ferrari" when you only have the resources for a KIA.

    Both Mariano and the Dr in texas would require airfare, hotel stay, office visit, etc, etc. I am easily looking at a couple thousand dollars right off the bat, and that doesn't include the blood tests, etc. And then as far as I am aware I would have to repeat that, every year(at least with Mariano).

    When I was trying to get to the bottom of my low-ish T, and low thyroid 3 years ago, I ran into dead end, after dead end. I saw 4 Dr's, and got no where, so I just gave up on it, and lived with it.

    I highly doubt the Dr in Texas takes my insurance.
  14. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    LOL.. I understand but if I don't have the disposable income to spend, then I CAN put a price on health. What other option do I have? It is like saying "you should drive a ferrari" when you only have the resources for a KIA.

    Both Mariano and the Dr in texas would require airfare, hotel stay, office visit, etc, etc. I am easily looking at a couple thousand dollars right off the bat, and that doesn't include the blood tests, etc. And then as far as I am aware I would have to repeat that, every year(at least with Mariano).

    When I was trying to get to the bottom of my low-ish T, and low thyroid 3 years ago, I ran into dead end, after dead end. I saw 4 Dr's, and got no where, so I just gave up on it, and lived with it.

    I highly doubt the Dr in Texas takes my insurance.
    MAriano is 4-500 up front then 250 every follow up on phone call plus air fare and hotel ($1500)
    Now new year started deductables start over.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  15. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    MAriano is 4-500 up front then 250 every follow up on phone call plus air fare and hotel ($1500)
    Now new year started deductables start over.
    Yea so that is 2k before I even get any blood-work done. Then I would need my insurance to cover my bloodwork, which I am not sure they would do if a Dr out of network is "prescribing it". Or my Dr would have to be willing to go along with it, and order the labs he wants(he may do that).

    I guess I will wait until next week when I go to my followup and see how my Dr wants to approach it.

    Thanks for the help!
  16. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Yea so that is 2k before I even get any blood-work done. Then I would need my insurance to cover my bloodwork, which I am not sure they would do if a Dr out of network is "prescribing it". Or my Dr would have to be willing to go along with it, and order the labs he wants(he may do that).

    I guess I will wait until next week when I go to my followup and see how my Dr wants to approach it.

    Thanks for the help!
    Why I prefer working with open minded Dr's because of "Me doctor, you not" mentality will not get you anywhere.
    I refer people to Dr's all over the country which they may not know . I also note which ones to avoid if possible. I am working on contracting with Lab for health professionals to be set up will do $2-3,000 of comprehensive testing for around $300-350 for people who do not have insurance. This will help Dr's and their patients out tremendously. I have referred people to chiropractors in order have blood orders done now since Dr's not doing proper testing all at once. It really depends on state laws.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  17. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Why I prefer working with open minded Dr's because of "Me doctor, you not" mentality will not get you anywhere.
    I refer people to Dr's all over the country which they may not know . I also note which ones to avoid if possible. I am working on contracting with Lab for health professionals to be set up will do $2-3,000 of comprehensive testing for around $300-350 for people who do not have insurance. This will help Dr's and their patients out tremendously. I have referred people to chiropractors in order have blood orders done now since Dr's not doing proper testing all at once. It really depends on state laws.
    Yeap, that is the mentality I ran into time and time again.

    This DR I have now seems decent. He more or less let me pick which tests I wanted for this lab work. He was just going to test TSH, and I was adamant about testing RT3, Free T3/t4, etc and he was fine with it.

    I would go see Dr Mariano, but I fear after the initial visit, I am going to need frequent phone consults to get me dialed in, and that is where the $$ would start to rack up.
  18. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Yeap, that is the mentality I ran into time and time again.

    This DR I have now seems decent. He more or less let me pick which tests I wanted for this lab work. He was just going to test TSH, and I was adamant about testing RT3, Free T3/t4, etc and he was fine with it.

    I would go see Dr Mariano, but I fear after the initial visit, I am going to need frequent phone consults to get me dialed in, and that is where the $$ would start to rack up.
    Your issue is not that complicated seriously...People are making it out to be a medical anomaly LOL..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  19. Senior Member
    Blergs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    179035
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    67.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    lots of goot fats i woudl rec liek fish oil flax oil, then vite, niacin etc.
    but i rec goin back to dg
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.
  20. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Your issue is not that complicated seriously...People are making it out to be a medical anomaly LOL..
    The major problem is they don't see it as a problem!! "Oh a TSH of 4-5.5 that is fine" Even despite all my symptoms, etc it goes un addressed.

    What I need is someone to actually address the problem, and fix it, without costing me a fortune..lol

    But I will report back after I see this Dr for a follow up. Maybe he will be more eager to do something.

    Matrix, are there any outward signs/symptoms of insulin resistance, or adrenal fatigue, that you look for other then labwork?
  21. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    lots of goot fats i woudl rec liek fish oil flax oil, then vite, niacin etc.
    but i rec goin back to dg
    FLax seed oil - BAD ADVICE..- causes lipid peroxidation too fast. He is already in a state of inflammation to begin with. Adding fuel to the fire.
    Fish oil - Would not touch it due to contamination of radiation from japan

    There is so much BS information and false research its scary..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  22. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    FLax seed oil - BAD ADVICE..- causes lipid peroxidation too fast. He is already in a state of inflammation to begin with. Adding fuel to the fire.
    Fish oil - Would not touch it due to contamination of radiation from japan

    There is so much BS information and false research its scary..
    Any fats you do recommend? I usually get most of my fats from nutbutters, nuts, EVCO, EVOO, etc.

    Also do you recommend any 1 supplement for overall lipid health? Something as kind of insurance.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/cycle-support-60-servings.html?sel=938


  23. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Any fats you do recommend? I usually get most of my fats from nutbutters, nuts, EVCO, EVOO, etc.

    Also do you recommend any 1 supplement for overall lipid health? Something as kind of insurance.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/cycle-support-60-servings.html?sel=938


    Your talking about money issue, I would not waste any of it on supplements till you know the root cause and treat it according..
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  24. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Your talking about money issue, I would not waste any of it on supplements till you know the root cause and treat it according..
    I understand but spending $20, is a far cry from $2,000.. I am just wondering even once this is sorted if there is anything to take for the sake of maintaining optimal lipids.

    I guess I will sit tight and wait until I see my Dr next Thursday, and see how he wants to proceed.
  25. New Member
    peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    128
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    4.86%

    Before getting too far down the road, it might be worthwhile to get the lipids checked again. It doesn't make sense that your triglycerides would more than double from the previous test, particularly if you're still eating low carb. Maybe get the tests done somewhere else. Just in case.
  26. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    7704
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    36.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    Before getting too far down the road, it might be worthwhile to get the lipids checked again. It doesn't make sense that your triglycerides would more than double from the previous test, particularly if you're still eating low carb. Maybe get the tests done somewhere else. Just in case.
    Eating and assimilating is 2 separate issues.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  27. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136025
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.2%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Matrix, can you clear some PM space real quick?

    Before getting too far down the road, it might be worthwhile to get the lipids checked again. It doesn't make sense that your triglycerides would more than double from the previous test, particularly if you're still eating low carb. Maybe get the tests done somewhere else. Just in case.
    I am going to see what my Dr thinks, and take it from there. If I don't like what he says I may have to pony up the cash and venture on out of state. I just don't want to start treatment, I can't afford to STAY on.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bloodwork results...what does it mean?
    By Lightweight1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
  2. Bloodwork Results After Pct!
    By Link24 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 04:09 PM
  3. Bloodwork Results Are In! Help!
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 06:47 PM
  4. My PCT Bloodwork Results
    By Nate Dawg in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2006, 11:27 PM
  5. Old Man Bloodwork Results
    By David Dunn in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in