20 Year old with High E2 and Lowish T

One_2_3_Four

Awards
Age 20
Weight approx 210 lbs
6ft tall

I have felt like rubbish since puberty(gradually feeling worse and worse), before that i was fit and healthy and had good energy levels and motivation for life.

SYMPTOMS:
Dyspraxia (which causes co-ordination problems)
Poor libido
Fatigue - always tired
Aching muscles - especially legs
Erectile Dysfunction - Weak Erections and No Morning Erections
Easy weight gain
Poor sleep (I can hardly get out of bed, i never feel fresh on a morning)
Difficulty concentrating
Memory Loss-difficulty in choosing words in language
Anxiety (i get random anxiety for no apparent reason)
Ive had Grade 3 bilateral Gynecomastia (Had Surgery at age 17)
Irritability
Frequent urination (polyuria) without infection; waking at night to urinate

Ive had my prostate checked and thats completely fine, ive also had an MRI which came back
clear.

Serum Testosterone Level: 16.4 or 482 nmol/L (8.0 - 30.0)

E2/Estradiol: 149 (<150)

SSHBG: 13 nmol/L (13.0-71.0)

Ferritin 73 ug/L (30 - 400)

Total T4 91 nmol/L (59 - 154)

TSH 2.02 mIU/L (0.27 - 4.2)

Free T4 14.1 pmol/L (12.0 - 22.0)

Free T3 5.2 pmol/L (3.5 - 7.7)

Thyroglobulin Antibody <10.0 IU/mL (0-115)

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 6.0 IU/ml (<34)

Ive had other thyroid tests and TSH has always been above 2, my tsh of 2.02 is the lowest reading ive ever had all the way up to 6.7 (2.02, 2.2, 2.5 and 6.7). Free T4 is always low in my tests but never out of the range so doctors always dismiss thyroid issues.

TRIGLYCERIDES 1.8 (< 2.3)
CHOLESTEROL 4.2 (<5.0)
HDL CHOLESTEROL 1.2 (0.9 - 1.5)
HDL % of total 29 (20 and over)
LDL CHOLESTEROL 2.2 (Up to 3.0)
TRIIODOTHYRONINE(T3): 2.0 (1.3 - 3.1)

Cortisol 246 nmol/L (Random cortisol is dependent on time of sample: 0900h cortisol 150 - 600 nmol/L 2400h (midnight) cortisol <50 nmol/L)

Cortisol after short synacthen test: 495 nmol/L

This Cortisol test was done in the morning but it was my midnight (woke up late the night before and didnt sleep) for what thats worth.

My Estradiol is high but any doctor ive seen said its fine.

I just don't know what to do i had to drop out of college because its got so bad, its ruining my life. Confused.

BlackCoffee

Awards
Whats your training like? if at all?

Whats your diet like? any focus on dark green veges and estrogen beating brocolli, sprouts etc?

I had gyno too removed last year which was induced during puberty.

Average joe would take an estro-blocker and feel alright, then face a hormonal comedown.

We need to look at WHY your levels are like that. I am sort of in the same boat and have now learnt how to work, we must find the underlying cause...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established

Whats your diet like? any focus on dark green veges and estrogen beating brocolli, sprouts etc?

Average joe would take an estro-blocker and feel alright, then face a hormonal comedown.

We need to look at WHY your levels are like that. I am sort of in the same boat and have now learnt how to work, we must find the underlying cause...
Coffee,
Its glad people are starting to see the methodology I have been trying to get across to people as well as medical professionals for the past 5 years. As one Dr told me "keep digging". I have spend up to 3 weeks of non stop research on cases in order to get to the reasons why by looking at metabolic pathways and seeing how every thing is interlinked. Address the root cause not use bandaid effects. Coffee you are on the right track but you need to go deeper. If you can not break down the cruciferous and convert IC3 to dim due to lack of stomach acid then you are not going to get the response which you need. I can guarrantee if his lifestyles, where evaluated properly then he would not need properly un neccessary medication. In many cases I have dealt with AI is just a bandaid approach. People in 10-20 years may increase chances of cancer because their pathways are blocked and e2 is rising for a reason. Again chunking the problem down to the smallest parts then looking for specific patterns with in the systems possible leading to medical validated reasoning. This is the key to optimizing ones health and wellness.

One_2_3_Four

Awards

Diet consists of mostly lean meats and veggies, low carbs (no more than 40g a day, my body cant handle carbs)
And i just about maintain my weight.

Only training i do is 30 minutes cardio every day on a treadmil in my house, i want to do more but i simply dont have the energy to do so

I THINK i am hypothyroid.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Diet consists of mostly lean meats and veggies, low carbs (no more than 40g a day, my body cant handle carbs)
And i just about maintain my weight.

Only training i do is 30 minutes cardio every day on a treadmil in my house, i want to do more but i simply dont have the energy to do so

I THINK i am hypothyroid.
You making your self Hypothyroid and low testosterone from your poor lifestyle choices. Again as I have seen in many people, we end up doing this to our selves by what you read on line and people making recommendations with out knowing the full medical history.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I do not have the knowledge some guys do on this subject. but wouldnt swaping the cardio for weights boost or release some testosterone post workout?? I know that growth hormone levels do spike post workout.

How much red meat do you eat a week?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I do not have the knowledge some guys do on this subject. but wouldnt swaping the cardio for weights boost or release some testosterone post workout?? I know that growth hormone levels do spike post workout.

How much red meat do you eat a week?
It goes much deeper then that. The damage has already begun on the HPTA and you need to rectify it from all angles, Last thing you want to do is supplementing with hormones because it will end up being a huge mistake as I see this very commonly with medical professionals because they are into replacing the hormone which may help person feel good, but is not the under lying cause just a symptom. When the body is under stress digestions gets altered allowing good sources of nutrition to be turned into a poison causing inflammation to the GI tract which just compromises things even further along with hormone cascade involving adrenals, thyroid, testosterone, GH, ect. You need to look to the top of the cascade not treat things down stream with hormones right off the bat..