Opinions on my trt protocol please

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
I have posted before about my bloodwork results. My total test was 400 and free test was 60. Scale used has me at the bottom of normal. My e2 levels will not be known for bout another week. I have all the basic low t symptoms. Have had for awhile. Doctor wants me to start 200mg of test cyp every two weeks. Every other monday. No hcg or ai. He says its not necessary unless im tryin to have a child or I start to grow breast tissue and stuff. Does 200mg every two weeks sound like enough? How fast will I shutdown?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
200 every 2 weks is bad. 100/week is a good starting point. you may or may not need an ai. i dont when strictly on trt dosage

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Just for comparative purposes, my trt treatment is 200mg cypionate every 7 days. My body fat is approximately 18%, and I have to take 1/2 tab of amiridex every two days. This keeps my e levels down enough. My test levels stay around 900.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I have posted before about my bloodwork results. My total test was 400 and free test was 60. Scale used has me at the bottom of normal. My e2 levels will not be known for bout another week. I have all the basic low t symptoms. Have had for awhile. Doctor wants me to start 200mg of test cyp every two weeks. Every other monday. No hcg or ai. He says its not necessary unless im tryin to have a child or I start to grow breast tissue and stuff. Does 200mg every two weeks sound like enough? How fast will I shutdown?
Total T of 400 I would like to see the other results of the lab before committing a person to HRT. Proper evaluation of thyroid, adrenals, and identifying other stressors would be my first step then moving right to HRT. Just by a few tweaks, I have been able to kick a person T levels by helping the Dr isolate where the imbalances may be out side one's hormones. I would honestly hold off and not go so much by ones FRee levels but what factors may be preventing from becoming low in the first place. Many guys I have been working with through their Dr's are seeing that some issues are not hormone based and by spending another 4-6 weeks these imbalances are being identified. The end result is less need for HRT and extraneous variables add to the mix.

sniper80

sniper80

Awards
Out of curiousity does shutdown and testicular atrophy from test injections occur because test levels reach a certain level or because the body senses a external source of test no matter what the dosage level is?

Jethro52185

Jethro52185

Awards
Out of curiousity does shutdown and testicular atrophy from test injections occur because test levels reach a certain level or because the body senses a external source of test no matter what the dosage level is?
I would say that testicular atrophy is dose dependent. The smaller the dose, the less atrophy, but no matter the dose, there will be a certain amount of atrophy due to the fact that there is an external source of testosterone. The good news is, there's not a female in the world that cares about the size of your coin purse. That is most definitely a male ego thing. Based on the levels stated in your case, there should be a very very minimal amount of atrophy.