Just seen an endo, looking for evaluation of prescription

newttt

Awards
I have just seen an endo today and would like to hear your thoughts on what he prescribed me. I will be seeing atleast 2 more endos in the upcoming weeks but I am trying to gather as much information along with my own personal research as I possibly can.

I had multiple blood tests done in the past few months. My test levels have decreased significantly over this time period and are below the lower boundary, and very low in general. They arent non existant like some other people, but theyre pretty low. Based on my bloodwork (thyroid profile lipid profile lh fsh prolactin etc), the doctor said that there was no serious underlying condition but that the levels were obviously very low.

He prescribed 5 injections only, of 250ml testosterone depot (enanthate), 2x a week for 2-3 weeks. His reasoning was that these injections would suffice for "atleast half a year" to use his wording. based on my own research, I have never heard of a few injections working to keep levels higher for so many months. I also viewed testosterone injections as more of a permanent treatment which you have to continue for the rest of your life if you have low test. I will be doing more research myself but am looking for opinions.

Also, how about estrogen control? I have had gyno before and had it removed and now my levels are all within the limits, but its something that I am also trying to account for. I was never interested in steroids or PHs, and always worked out naturally. This issue sort of changes the situation though and I am forced to learn more about it before I make an decision on a course of therapy.

Im located in the UK

heroxyouxhate

Awards
Yea trt is for life and you will definitely need more than 5 injections, most likely 2 times a week. As for estrogen some doctors will prescribe amiridex or anastazerol(sp?).

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
How old are you and why are you on HRT in the first place. If you are over age 35, I'd say go for it. If you are 25 then find out way.

newttt

Awards
Im 23 and I wrote why I was prescribed TRT in the first post. Low total and free test levels after multiple bloodworks. Constantly lethargic, clouded mind, feels like I never get enough sleep, anxious.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Im 23 and I wrote why I was prescribed TRT in the first post. Low total and free test levels after multiple bloodworks. Constantly lethargic, clouded mind, feels like I never get enough sleep, anxious.
At age 23, Drs are too quick to prescribe HRT. Yes it may make you feel good, but many are finding out it could be a bandaid which is hiding a deeper issues. I suggest HRT as bridge for Drs I consult with, till I work with them in finding a root cause. Drs refer these cases out for further evaluation and research to find out why.

newttt

Awards
At age 23, Drs are too quick to prescribe HRT. Yes it may make you feel good, but many are finding out it could be a bandaid which is hiding a deeper issues. I suggest HRT as bridge for Drs I consult with, till I work with them in finding a root cause. Drs refer these cases out for further evaluation and research to find out why.
thanks for the information but it doesnt really address the questions in my first post. I know first hand that many doctors are too quick to prescribe medication, and often they dont prescribe the correct treatments. This is why I am seeing multiple endos and doing my own research.

I am looking to evaluate whether a 5 injection protocol which is apparently supposed to keep test levels high for over half a year is even possible.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? What would be the reasoning behind prescribing just 5 injections / 2x 250 a week?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the information but it doesnt really address the questions in my first post. I know first hand that many doctors are too quick to prescribe medication, and often they dont prescribe the correct treatments. This is why I am seeing multiple endos and doing my own research.

I am looking to evaluate whether a 5 injection protocol which is apparently supposed to keep test levels high for over half a year is even possible.

Does anyone have thoughts on this? What would be the reasoning behind prescribing just 5 injections / 2x 250 a week?
His methodology does not follow any kind of rational logic. HRT is not going to jump start you own but shut it down worse. Ones own research can lead them down the wrong pathway because it becomes too congested with responses which only add to more confusion.

In these cases you follow typical protocol for HRT 50-60 mgs shot 2 times a week m,th for how ever long it takes you to fill in the gaps to why you are on HRT. This is why I got my foot in the door with a dr over there assisting her look out side the realm of HRT for why people are low. From dealing with enough brits it comes to crap lifestyles, improper sleep, and in ability to manage stress along with several nutritional imbalances which are extremely common. Once I establish a formal relationship with her I will tell you her name for reference. Right now the person had to pull teeth just to get her to agree to the proper testing. Now its my job to take the information and present it to her in order to understand it. Once she sees the value of these test then open up her mind to things out side of traditional medicine which is very hard to do her in the USA alone in England..It only takes one to break the ice

newttt

Awards
Alright so 5 injections to work for half a year is bs. I was suspecting that this would be the case. In addition to this, there are methods to prevent the negative side effects. Clomid, amiridex, finasteride, are the ones that I heard about being used along with the injections.This leads me to one question:

1. What in everyones view is a proper standard TRT protocol then? Could someone link me to a thread where such a protocol is outlined in detail? This is very important to me so that I know have some sort of point of reference when discussing with the other endos. I know that there are different protocols for different cases, but just a guideline would be good.

2. Does this regimen differ when people inject test for bodybuilding purposes?

No disrespect Matrix, but I honestly do not understand what you mean with all of the doctor and consultation comments. Im not sure what your profession is and what you actually do and have trouble understanding what you mean by all of that :\

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Alright so 5 injections to work for half a year is bs. I was suspecting that this would be the case. In addition to this, there are methods to prevent the negative side effects. Clomid, amiridex, finasteride, are the ones that I heard about being used along with the injections.This leads me to one question:

1. What in everyones view is a proper standard TRT protocol then? Could someone link me to a thread where such a protocol is outlined in detail? This is very important to me so that I know have some sort of point of reference when discussing with the other endos. I know that there are different protocols for different cases, but just a guideline would be good.

2. Does this regimen differ when people inject test for bodybuilding purposes?

No disrespect Matrix, but I honestly do not understand what you mean with all of the doctor and consultation comments. Im not sure what your profession is and what you actually do and have trouble understanding what you mean by all of that :\
Standard protocols which I recommend for Dr's starting patient out on HRT is 50 mgs of Testosteorne adminstered on m,th with a small insulin needle in the shoulder. After 5 weeks check blood work (e2, dht, TT, SHBG). Then adjust from there by adding an AI if necessary. After TT and e2 is stablized for 8 weeks then one can addin HCG, ranging from 100 -250 mcgs day before the injection to replace the LH. If your LH is mid range then I would not implement HCG. I assist Dr's in helping them find imbalance in cases dealing with all kinds of complex medical issues. One can look at me as Dr's research assistant since they do not have time to research each case in detail.