Anastrozole (tradename Arimidex) and its impact on CYP3A4 and liver function - AnabolicMinds.com

Anastrozole (tradename Arimidex) and its impact on CYP3A4 and liver function

  1. New Member
    living2die's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    153

    Reputation

    Anastrozole (tradename Arimidex) and its impact on CYP3A4 and liver function


    Hello,
    This question applies to anyone currently taking anastrozole (tradename Arimidex). The research on anastrozole clearly shows that anastrozole inhibits the CYP3A4 class of liver enzyme. Just a little background, CYP3A4 is the primary complex involved in the metabolism of xeno compounds(synthetically produced compounds, not found in nature).

    I have found that even while taking a smallish dose of less than .5mg per week, even a cup of coffee seems to give me a bit more rev, and desired effects are much more pervasive and long lasting.

    I am fully aware of the possibility that the two events are non-related, but the science does "in theory" reveal a link between increased duration of biological effects of various xenogenic compounds due to co-administration of CYP3A4 inhibitors (in this case, anastrozole).

    I am too lazy right now to look up the studies, but if you just perform the google search "CYP3A4 inhibitor anastrozole" that will take you to the source.

  2. Professional Member
    Gutterpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,545
    Rep Power
    148209

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I took arimidex for a very long time and it's horrible on lipids. I switched to aromasin and overall just feel better on it too. I never really liked arimidex at all.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  3. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I took arimidex for a very long time and it's horrible on lipids. I switched to aromasin and overall just feel better on it too. I never really liked arimidex at all.
    Armidex has been known to mess with a males lipids even when their estradiol was in proper check. It has also been shown to decrease igf-1 significantly. Peoples igf-1's have double since they discontinued it. Aromasin has more sparing rebound effect, may not effects lipids or igf-1 levels as compared to arimdex.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    getalpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    73

    Reputation

    Just about to make the switch to Aromasin actually, the rebound effect on E for me with arimidex sucks
  5. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by getalpha View Post
    Just about to make the switch to Aromasin actually, the rebound effect on E for me with arimidex sucks
    I have found it can take from 1 day to 12 weeks or more to rebound back from adex.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  6. New Member
    getalpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    73

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix

    I have found it can take from 1 day to 12 weeks or more to rebound back from adex.
    It's quick for me luckily so the transition should be relatively quick.

    I took my E from 255 to <35 in 5 days. That took about a week to come back to normal ranges.

    Now I more or less am within optimal range most of the time
  7. Elite Member
    The Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,033
    Rep Power
    7698

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by getalpha View Post
    It's quick for me luckily so the transition should be relatively quick.

    I took my E from 255 to <35 in 5 days. That took about a week to come back to normal ranges.

    Now I more or less am within optimal range most of the time
    Please make sure your Dr is doing the sensitive test if it is available. This is the preferred test for estrodial. Different countries have limitations
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  8. New Member
    getalpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    73

    Reputation

    Yeah doing the standard Australian one, Oestradiol, from what I've seen it's the correct one.
  9. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,154
    Rep Power
    3183268

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I took arimidex for a very long time and it's horrible on lipids. I switched to aromasin and overall just feel better on it too. I never really liked arimidex at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Armidex has been known to mess with a males lipids even when their estradiol was in proper check. It has also been shown to decrease igf-1 significantly. Peoples igf-1's have double since they discontinued it. Aromasin has more sparing rebound effect, may not effects lipids or igf-1 levels as compared to arimdex.
    I can personally back up both of the above statements with real life experiences.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  10. New Member
    hitest's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    166

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Please make sure your Dr is doing the sensitive test if it is available. This is the preferred test for estrodial. Different countries have limitations
    Great thread - very apropos for me now.

    Yeah, but watch out for Quest's ultra sensitive test. I heard that they sometimes screw it up and after my last results I really believe it. Fortunately at the same time I also got their free estradiol test which also reports a total E2. Check out the details on my last posting on the Free estrogen testing thread.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 10:16 AM
  2. Anastrozole / Arimidex for PCT
    By MF210 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-24-2010, 12:07 PM
  3. Liver CYP3A4 enzymes and finasteride-induced low T
    By galapagos in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
  4. liver function
    By steroid in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:18 AM
  5. Arimidex Profile (anastrozole)
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in