test cyp IM with insulin syringe

J

jdub1980

Awards
Any info from guys injecting .5mL test cyp IM with insulin syringes.
Drawing, injection site, needle size, etc; any info would be appreciated DragonRider and Matrix.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Any info from guys injecting .5mL test cyp IM with insulin syringes.
Drawing, injection site, needle size, etc; any info would be appreciated DragonRider and Matrix.
I inject in my shoulders and I believe I read that Matrix does also. With very little fat in that area, you are actually getting an IM injection, just not a very deep one. Sometimes, just to rotate injection sites, I inject in my outer thighs.
Since I use fixed needle insulin syringes, I draw and inject with the same needle. I haven't had any problems with this so far.

J

jdub1980

Awards
Matrix said he uses 29g .5" needles. Is this what you use DR? Also, do you push a whole syringe full of air into vial before drawing?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Matrix said he uses 29g .5" needles. Is this what you use DR? Also, do you push a whole syringe full of air into vial before drawing?
I believe my needles are 27g with a 5/8" needle. And, yes I push a syringe full of air into the vial before i draw.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just buy some proper pins and not be such a wuss?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Why don't you just buy some proper pins and not be such a wuss?
Because we aren't cycling. We are going to be injecting once or twice a week for the rest of our lives. Have you ever heard of scar tissue?

J

jdub1980

Awards
Because we aren't cycling. We are going to be injecting once or twice a week for the rest of our lives. Have you ever heard of scar tissue?
Thanks DragonRider. Who wants to be injecting with a large needle 2x a week for the rest of our lives. I sure as hell don't.

J

jdub1980

Awards
Just ordered some 28gx1/2" easytouch insulin syringes for $17 with s/h. Figured since DR uses 27g and Matrix uses 29g, 28g would be alright. The 27gx5/8" were about $50 for a box of 100 everywhere I looked; they were also called "IV" syringes. Does that describe the syringes you use DR?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some 28gx1/2" easytouch insulin syringes for $17 with s/h. Figured since DR uses 27g and Matrix uses 29g, 28g would be alright. The 27gx5/8" were about $50 for a box of 100 everywhere I looked; they were also called "IV" syringes. Does that describe the syringes you use DR?
You have a PM. I usually spend less than $20 for 100 pins. I may have got the 1/2" needles this last time.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I had some outstanding results using the 29 G, 1/2" insulin needles that I picked up for my Melanotan II ($25/100). No marks, and I am a deep bronze color for the first time in my life. So, I started using them when the VA screwed up and shipped me some 25 G. They work great with my Test Cyp and yes I inject a full load of air each time I use the needle and like DR I reuse the same needle to inject myself.

B

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
''yes I inject a full load of air each time I use the needle and like DR I reuse the same needle to inject myself'' are you nuts thats asking for trouble.

Just go to a needle exchange get them for free,

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Just go to a needle exchange get them for free, are you nuts thats asking for trouble.

No thanks. I'm not an IV drug user and I pay my own way. I don't accept food stamps or welfare either. Those "free" needles are being paid for by someone (taxpayers) and their "intent'" is for IV drug users to prevent the spread of disease. If you aren't using them for their intended purpose, technically you are stealing from the taxpayers. Twenty bucks for a hundred needles is reasonable and bilking the system for free needles is not going to make anyone rich.

How do you think diabetics inject? They use the same needle to draw insulin that they inject with. The majority of insulin pins have fixed needles. You couldn't exchange them if you wanted. Now, take the number of diabetics in the world and multiply them by the number of injections they do per day times the number of injections that have occured since diabetics have been injecting insulin and you have trillions of injections that have not lead to infections or any other problems.

B

brittishbulldog

Awards
  • Established
No thanks. I'm not an IV drug user and I pay my own way. I don't accept food stamps or welfare either. Those "free" needles are being paid for by someone (taxpayers) and their "intent'" is for IV drug users to prevent the spread of disease. If you aren't using them for their intended purpose, technically you are stealing from the taxpayers. Twenty bucks for a hundred needles is reasonable and bilking the system for free needles is not going to make anyone rich.

How do you think diabetics inject? They use the same needle to draw insulin that they inject with. The majority of insulin pins have fixed needles. You couldn't exchange them if you wanted. Now, take the number of diabetics in the world and multiply them by the number of injections they do per day times the number of injections that have occured since diabetics have been injecting insulin and you have trillions of injections that have not lead to infections or any other problems.
The way I see it is, I pay my taxes I am just as entiled to free ones on the NHS as anyone, I rung them up before hand to check and ask't if that was ok, they said they are for anyone who needs them, They even had information for AAS, They also dispose of spent needles, I was going to buy some but I did't want my GF seeing a parcell with them in. I even ask'd at the chemist but they would not sell them too me. Just wounding how do you get rid of your old ones??

R

RPHMark

Awards
Brittishbulldog thinks you are using syringes for more than one injection I think.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Brittishbulldog thinks you are using syringes for more than one injection I think.
I hope not. Me and the Dutchman are referring to drawing and injecting with the same needle (only one use), just like a diabetic does.

W

whytknyt05

Awards
I inject using a 30guage 1/2 inch needle (8mm) twice a week right into the back of my calf. I've also ran it into the top of my quad; that one is painless as well.

I also inject my peps there as well when I'm tired of using my stomache as a pin cushion. In the Canadian Journal of Medicine they did a study on a group of men with subq injections. The test results came back the same as the guys who were injecting IM. Most guys taking a 23/25 gg needle believe they're actually injecting into muscle when they poke their butt; when it fact they're injecting into fat.

Subq injections are actually safer and better with test because your risk of infection is less and you get a slow release with the test in your "fat" for lack of a better word.

J

jdub1980

Awards
I'll be glad when my 28g syringes come in. Just injected 1/2cc with 25g 1" into glute and a little blood came out when I withdrew the needle. Hopefully didn't lose too much oil.

J

jdub1980

Awards
Just got my insulin syringes in and they are in U-100 measurements. If I want to inject
.5 cc, would that be 50 units on the U-100 syringe?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Just got my insulin syringes in and they are in U-100 measurements. If I want to inject
.5 cc, would that be 50 units on the U-100 syringe?
Yes.

J

jdub1980

Awards
Just did my first injection with insulin syringe in shoulder. Really nice. I even noticed that I wasn't as nervous and tense while injecting. I think I might have pushed a little too fast because there was a small speck of oil left at injection site. Will push a little slower next time. Not sure that injection was IM, but I don't think it matters based on everything I have read about subQ. Thanks for all the advice DragonRider.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Just did my first injection with insulin syringe in shoulder. Really nice. I even noticed that I wasn't as nervous and tense while injecting. I think I might have pushed a little too fast because there was a small speck of oil left at injection site. Will push a little slower next time. Not sure that injection was IM, but I don't think it matters based on everything I have read about subQ. Thanks for all the advice DragonRider.
I give it about 10 seconds after the plunger hits the bottom of the syringe before I pull the needle out.

W

whytknyt05

Awards
Yes. Half a CC would be half a hundred iu insulin syringe.

1cc=1ml=1000mcgs

I've been using www.pepcalculator.com for all this stuff. Its free and easy to use.

J

jdub1980

Awards
I have noticed that when I draw the oil with the insulin syringe, that there are several tiny air bubbles. I always draw a little more than I need and push some back into the vial until I am at .5cc. This seems to push most of the air out, but a few bubbles are always left. Is this common?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I always draw a little more than I need and push some back into the vial until I am at .5cc. This seems to push most of the air out, but a few bubbles are always left. Is this common?
Yep. Me too.

K

keith1569

Awards
you could also get 27g 1/2in needle and use a normal syringe that way you can swap needles if you prefer

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I just started doing this too. I'm injecting 10 units per day of test cyp. instead Of using gels. So far so good in shoulder and quad. PM me how you progress.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
Are you guys doing quad injections with the slin needle as well? I'm thinking about switching to the slin needle but looking to do quad injections.

J

jdub1980

Awards
Are you guys doing quad injections with the slin needle as well? I'm thinking about switching to the slin needle but looking to do quad injections.

I am injecting in the delt and the vastus lateralis of the quad. I know that I got into the muscle because I have the same dull ache for a couple of days after injecting as when I was using the 1" needles. Injected into right delt this morning; nice and easy. Just takes a minute to push all of the oil in. I now look forward to injections.

Presa, are you using 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml? Interested to see how daily injections go. I am concerned with estrogen conversion and I bet a lower dose more frequently would eliminate that problem.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
Did my first quad injection with the slin pin just now. Painless and simple. Don't know if I got into the muscle, but I guess sub Q would be OK too, according to what I've read. The only slin pins I had on hand were 30 Gauge 5/16". I'll report back if there are any issues.
Pinned .5 CC Test cyp and .25 CC Deca.
It was almost "too easy" and took the fun out of it. :)

I drew with a normal syringe and backloaded the slin pin. Is this what you guys do? Or do you do both draw and inject with the slin pin? That point seems like it would dull quickly.

J

jdub1980

Awards
I draw and inject with the same insulin needle. It does seem like it dulls the needle a good bit, but that doesn't matter much when using a small 28g-30g needle.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
OK. I gotta ask this question. A lot of guys on other boards (some very experienced) are saying that there is a greater chance of sterile abscess doing oil sub Q injections due to the fact that the oil takes longer to disperse and may not even fully disperse.
I did an inject (quad)this morning of .5 CC test Cyp and .25 CC Deca. Don't know if I made it into the muscle or not with my 30g 5/16" slin pin (I doubt it) and am now wondering was it safe or not. Any more input on this???

J

jdub1980

Awards
I think that would only become a problem if you were injecting a large amount of oil at one time. The subQ method seems to be used for about .5cc more or less. You will need to get a longer needle than 5/16" though; thats only about a quarter inch long. Most of the guys that I got advice from use 27-29g 1/2".

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
OK. I gotta ask this question. A lot of guys on other boards (some very experienced) are saying that there is a greater chance of sterile abscess doing oil sub Q injections due to the fact that the oil takes longer to disperse and may not even fully disperse.
I did an inject (quad)this morning of .5 CC test Cyp and .25 CC Deca. Don't know if I made it into the muscle or not with my 30g 5/16" slin pin (I doubt it) and am now wondering was it safe or not. Any more input on this???
Are they talking about injecting TRT doses or steroid doses (100 to 150mg/ml vs. 500mg in 2ml)?
That is going to make a difference.

I've been doing this for 13 years now and I've never had an abscess. That doesn't mean I or you won't get one on our next injection, but that is a lot of experience.

I've seen some pretty fat guys in my life, but most of them still have very little fat on their quad. I could definately get IM with a insulin needle in my quad, but I use 1/2" needles, not 5/16.

J

jdub1980

Awards
DragonRider, do you inject into vastus lateralis or rectus femoris? I have been using the vastus lateralis with good success; seems to be less fat on quads than delts. Might start using quads more often.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
Are they talking about injecting TRT doses or steroid doses (100 to 150mg/ml vs. 500mg in 2ml)?
That is going to make a difference.

I've been doing this for 13 years now and I've never had an abscess. That doesn't mean I or you won't get one on our next injection, but that is a lot of experience.

I've seen some pretty fat guys in my life, but most of them still have very little fat on their quad. I could definately get IM with a insulin needle in my quad, but I use 1/2" needles, not 5/16.
Both TRT and cycle doses. Lots of guys warning against anything "oil/slin pin" related. Many couldn't believe that I could even push oil through a 30g pin. They don't realize the pressure that the plunger in the slin pin creates.
Looks like I'm gonna have to grab some 1/2" pins and see what happens. I've never done a delt shot, but that may be next on my list.

P

Pinner

Awards
When injecting subQ with slin pins, you're suppossed to pinch up the skin and inject into the pinched fat. When you guys say you are injecting into your quads, delts, etc., are you pinching up the skin or just pinning it right in? I've been doing a proper subQ inject on my quads 2xWeek. Why can't I just use a slin pin and inject into my glute without pinching. It doesn't matter if it's subQ or IM does it?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
DragonRider, do you inject into vastus lateralis or rectus femoris? I have been using the vastus lateralis with good success; seems to be less fat on quads than delts. Might start using quads more often.
Vastus lateralis. I can do a deep IM in my shoulders with a slin pin. I have zero fat on my shoulders.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
When injecting subQ with slin pins, you're suppossed to pinch up the skin and inject into the pinched fat. When you guys say you are injecting into your quads, delts, etc., are you pinching up the skin or just pinning it right in? I've been doing a proper subQ inject on my quads 2xWeek. Why can't I just use a slin pin and inject into my glute without pinching. It doesn't matter if it's subQ or IM does it?
I don't pinch. On the other hand, many of us inject in the quads because we can see it. It's easier. I can't turn around far enough to inject in my own glute.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
I don't pinch. On the other hand, many of us inject in the quads because we can see it. It's easier. I can't turn around far enough to inject in my own glute.
OK. My 1/2" slin pins are on the way. Let's give this another shot (no pun intended). I have to inject .75 CC total twice per week. You think the entire .75 CC can go in one spot? Or should I do the .5 CC Test in one spot and the .25 CC Deca in another?

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I have to inject .75 CC total twice per week. You think the entire .75 CC can go in one spot? Or should I do the .5 CC Test in one spot and the .25 CC Deca in another?
Yes, most men are injecting 1cc each time so .75 is not going to be a problem. I'm assuming you go through an antiaging clinic to get deca prescribed?

J

JohninAZ

Awards
Yes, most men are injecting 1cc each time so .75 is not going to be a problem. I'm assuming you go through an antiaging clinic to get deca prescribed?
Yes, no way my own doctor would prescribe that. Don't want to go underground. The Deca is just enough to lube the joints...nothing crazy.

D

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Yes, no way my own doctor would prescribe that. Don't want to go underground. The Deca is just enough to lube the joints...nothing crazy.
I wish the medical community would recognize that as a legitimate use. I would love to use it for that.

J

JohninAZ

Awards
I wish the medical community would recognize that as a legitimate use. I would love to use it for that.
Me too, this way maybe my insurance would cover it! It's nice to run a small dose though. Shoulders don't get all "knotted up" like they used to. Not as much anyway.
Coming from a compounding pharmacy is reassuring as well. No worries about dirty underground gear.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I just found an anti aging website our of Florida that is prescribing EVERYTHING!! Deca, anavar, test, etc

J

JohninAZ

Awards
OK. Got my 1/2 " slin pins in and did my TRT injection today. .5 cc Test Cyp and .25 Deca. Broke it up into 2 slin pins and did one in each quad. Don't know if I hit the muscle, but we'll see. I buried that 1/2" and even pushed on it further as I injected. Drawing took forever, but I'm in no hurry. 29G 1/2" .

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
This insulin pin route is slick!!!!!! Why isnt this the norm for HRT? This method eliminates the chief complaint of injections which is the "ups and downs" between shots!! I'm injecting 10units PER DAY alternating shoulders and quads which adds up to my 1/2cc every five days per my doctors order.

It's so fast and painless its hilarious. It took longer to rub on that Testim crap than it does to pull 10 units into the pin and inject!!!!!! I cant believe so many doctors go to school for a decade, and then people on this board have to educate them...................................