why adrenals/thyroid/then sex hormones?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95%

why adrenals/thyroid/then sex hormones?

ive been searching all over this forum and the internet and cant seem to find anything directly stating the reason why we treat adrenals first, then thyroid, then sex hormones. Can anybody explain the theory behind this?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.74%

Well not 100% sure, but it's probably bc the adrenals and thyroid tend to get the sex hormones out of whack, not the other way around...you can treat t, but that won't improve your thyroid, but if you treat the thyroid and you have a t problem, both may get better...makes sense....
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

go on over to allthingsmale.com and read the through the hormones 101 articles. FANTASTIC resource of information
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    go on over to allthingsmale.com and read the through the hormones 101 articles. FANTASTIC resource of information
    Good information, but take what you read with a grain of salt as one always should.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    Good information, but take what you read with a grain of salt as one always should.
    Good point , there is so much BS on the internet that any thing you read should be suspect. This is the problem , I have even been to endos that prescribe
    Test and gotten the run around . Tests so far this year about $2500. , and still playing around. This office is a fraud . Perhaps we should get a list together of
    Dr.s who are in it just for the money , a black list of sorts.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones View Post
    Good point , there is so much BS on the internet that any thing you read should be suspect. This is the problem , I have even been to endos that prescribe
    Test and gotten the run around . Tests so far this year about $2500. , and still playing around. This office is a fraud . Perhaps we should get a list together of
    Dr.s who are in it just for the money , a black list of sorts.
    REmember that karma can be a biatch.
    Some one views of a medical professional may not be the same. They may have had a bad day or something going on. Actually in a study published back in the late 70's it showed that most medical professionals where on some kind of psychotropic, or pain killer medication performing daily functions. Just imagine how many surgeons who stand on their feet to perform 12 -14 hour operation non stop how they are able to keep going? Another scarey though in these drs taking care of you are in worst shape then most of their pateints. Seeing cortisol and hormone profiles of medical professionals I have seen would make your cringe. These drs are tell their patients how to deal with their issues when they can not take care of their own. I think drs need to wake up and learn to take better care of themselves. The best scenerio I had when I went into see a nutritionist who was 300 lbs. He was advising me i was eating all wrong. In the middle of conversation I stopped and turn the tables. I said "no respect DR, but here you are telling me I am eating all wrong, but i am built like brick house, 8 % BF and then is you who is a walking bill board for diabetes, heart disease, and other disorders associated with obesity, how can that be justified?" He just stood there with a blank look on his face and complete silence. He then proceeded like nothing was said.

I work with Dr's patient or clients which is purely based on recommendation from published scientific data no Voodoo stuff.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.44%

Quote Originally Posted by danielsirpoop View Post
    ive been searching all over this forum and the internet and cant seem to find anything directly stating the reason why we treat adrenals first, then thyroid, then sex hormones. Can anybody explain the theory behind this?
    Adding either testosterone or thyroid before optimising adreanal hormones, causes the adrenals to be overworked and driven even lower. Each is dependant on the other like building a set of stairs. Without the bottom step (the cortisol line) there is nothing to build the next step (thyroid) on. Sometimes if those things are optimized, testosterone will normalize itself.
    This is an oversimplification of course.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

adrenals release DHEA main hormone in the body..... maybe thats why. It involves allsteroid hormones.

steroid hormones effect thyroid levels by increasing or decreasing TBG or TBPA.

i assume this may be an answer ... look for seth roberts he may know,.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    adrenals release DHEA main hormone in the body..... maybe thats why. It involves allsteroid hormones.

steroid hormones effect thyroid levels by increasing or decreasing TBG or TBPA.

i assume this may be an answer ... look for seth roberts he may know,.
    by not treating the adrenal first metabolism speeds up and the body can not handle it resulting in cellular thyroid deficiency over time.

If the engine (adrenals) could only handle 5000 rpm (thyroid) then reving the gas to 6000-7000 rpm it will eventually blow a piston or blow up (aka adrenal insufficiency)
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%

I am not sure if this is not all a load of poop .
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

After being in clincal fiield for 4 Years it is approach that has been used with great success, but age plays a major rule in it. With drs patients I use the best approach in order to deal with the persons symptoms with an integrated approach looking for the core source. To many people end up micromanaging which drives them selves as well as me nuts.. Get the blinders off and look at the whole pics not bits and pieces.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%

After being in clincal fiield for 4 Years it is approach that has been used with great success, but age plays a major rule in it. With drs patients I use the best approach in order to deal with the persons symptoms with an integrated approach looking for the core source. To many people end up micromanaging which drives them selves as well as me nuts.. Get the blinders off and look at the whole pics not bits and pieces.
    i am currently involved with an endo because he advertised that he dealt with hormonal issues including testosterone , and because he takes my insurance.If I cannot get things resolved I will have to look elsewhere.

This is after years of trying to get thing straightened out . The doctors that
    I have been to see are supposed to be some of the best in the area.
    So I have made efforts , and paid money. I am left to think that they are frauds in some sense. Seeing as it is not their life that is the problem, it is easy to just schedule another appointment 4 months out , and send you on you way. Of course they bill you for this service.

Matrix, I will give you a call soon if thing dont change . But I feel that my Dr is obligated to me to address the issues i have.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones View Post
    i am currently involved with an endo because he advertised that he dealt with hormonal issues including testosterone , and because he takes my insurance.If I cannot get things resolved I will have to look elsewhere.

This is after years of trying to get thing straightened out . The doctors that
    I have been to see are supposed to be some of the best in the area.
    So I have made efforts , and paid money. I am left to think that they are frauds in some sense. Seeing as it is not their life that is the problem, it is easy to just schedule another appointment 4 months out , and send you on you way. Of course they bill you for this service.

Matrix, I will give you a call soon if thing dont change . But I feel that my Dr is obligated to me to address the issues i have.
    your issues may lie beyond hormones as vast majority of cases I deal with do.
    All the hormones in the world are not going to help. In some instances HRT will make a pre existing hidden condition worse. I have seen it happen many times..
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The adrenals release sex hormones. The thyroid's hormones regulate meatabolism of sex hormones. This is why sex hormones are 'last.'
    Antaeus Rep
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    The adrenals release sex hormones. The thyroid's hormones regulate meatabolism of sex hormones. This is why sex hormones are 'last.'
    Adrenals do not release sex hormones 5% in males
    Treating adrenal and thyroid, and also the main cause can take stress off the HPTA so the body can send out the proper signaling for hormone (LH) to released.

There is your answer..
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Adrenals do not release sex hormones 5% in males..
    Adrenals release DHEA which is a precursor to Estrogens and androgens. I never said they release all sex hormones. That's the job of the ovaries and testis in males/females. Where do you get this 5% figure from?
    Antaeus Rep
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    Adrenals release DHEA which is a precursor to Estrogens and androgens. I never said they release all sex hormones. That's the job of the ovaries and testis in males/females. Where do you get this 5% figure from?
    Any person who knows anything about HRT and adrenals understands this.

If your trying to impress people its not working LOL
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Source for the 5% figure? I don't need to impress anybody.
    Antaeus Rep
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Not to mention androstenedione is produced from the adrenals.
    Antaeus Rep
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.08%

I have not be found anything about adrenals, thyroid , and then testosterone .
    I have found many different opinions , but not this one . As a matter of a fact I have found that Testosterone has been used successfully to boost thyroid .

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why are Thyroid Hormones called Grains?
    By akiravp82 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:08 PM
  2. thyroid hormones
    By bigironkiller in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:09 PM
  3. Questions regarding supporting adrenals while on armour thyroid??
    By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 02:48 PM
  4. Thyroid, Adrenals and working out
    By Scottyo in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 06:05 PM