Pregnenolone & Cortisol

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Pregnenolone & Cortisol

Is there anybody out there who is using Pregnenolone to boost there cortisol.
    My cortisol is in need of boosting and I am looking for something that will work?
    Cheers
    scousman

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by scouseman View Post
    My cortisol is in need of boosting and I am looking for something that will work?
    Cheers
    scousman
    need to isolate the potential to why you needed it in the first place.
    I am not one for suggesting anything with out have a good reason to taking it. Monkey see monkey do usually gets people in trouble especially when they do not understand individual biochemistry alone how hormones interact with one another not mentioning even thyroid. Can it work potentially but I would have to look at the entire case in order to see if would apply.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    need to isolate the potential to why you needed it in the first place.
    I am not one for suggesting anything with out have a good reason to taking it. Monkey see monkey do usually gets people in trouble especially when they do not understand individual biochemistry alone how hormones interact with one another not mentioning even thyroid. Can it work potentially but I would have to look at the entire case in order to see if would apply.
    Hi Matrix,

Would it be possible for you to look at my entire case?
    Please let me know if this is possible.
    Cheers
    scouseman
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

Hi Matrix,

Would it be possible for you to look at my entire case?
    Please let me know if this is possible.
    Cheers
    scouseman
    Check your pms.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Why do you want to increase Cortisol. Most of us are trying to lower ours.
  6. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

[QUOTE=BBB;2829827]Why do you want to increase Cortisol. Most of us are trying to lower ours.[/QUOTEyou

You like many other have been Mislead
    after looking over several hundred or more adrenal stress profiles I have found less then 5% to have elevated levels. Lower cortisol with out knowing your levels is a very foolish and dangerous thing.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I suffer badly from daily fatigue and recently got a 4 a day saliva adrenal test and it was badly down all day long. My cortisol is in badly need of a boost.
  8. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

Have to pin point where the imbalance are coming from to give your adrenals a rest
    along with proper adrenal recovery. You need to look at external factors to isolate the potential causes. I have a slew of people from uk I worn with and know the proper places to get testing done if need be.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Sounds like you might like to take a read of Adrenal Fatigue by Dr. James Wilson. I just picked it up and just started reading it. It was suggested to me by my doc. She thinks it's a possibility that I have been bouting with it due to my deployments.

He has a website on it too:

http://www.adrenalfatigue.org/
    Last edited by CopyCat; 04-12-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: To add the link
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

Thanks for the link copycat, it is much appreciated, I will certainly get that book you suggest

Matrix, did you get my email?
  11. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

Thanks for the link copycat, it is much appreciated, I will certainly get that book you suggest

Matrix, did you get my email?
    Yes will respond when I have a second to breath. Alot of not well people in the world as a result I have been swamped lately
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

[quote=The Matrix;2829840]
    Why do you want to increase Cortisol. Most of us are trying to lower ours.[/QUOTEyou

You like many other have been Mislead
    after looking over several hundred or more adrenal stress profiles I have found less then 5% to have elevated levels. Lower cortisol with out knowing your levels is a very foolish and dangerous thing.
    I agree if not done properly. But using 7 oxo targets specific receptors and lowers or controls cortisol naturally.
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

[quote=BBB;2830986]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post

I agree if not done properly. But using 7 oxo targets specific receptors and lowers or controls cortisol naturally.
    It goes much deeper then just taking a supplement to dealing with cortisol issues.

If you only understood the complexity involved no suppelement will even begin to touch it.
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.76%

Matrix is right BBB. Coming from someone who has been working out for 35 years, we have been bombarded with misinformation about the evils of cortisol. Cortisol is necessary for the energy to workout and to prevent test from aromatizing in excess to estrogen. The enemy is excess cortisol, which healthy males really don't have to worry about.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.62%

I am not taking about bombarding cortisol from all angles which is never a good idea, but targeting cortisol via 7 oxo dhea. You might want to read what PA has to say about specific cortisol management.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

I am not taking about bombarding cortisol from all angles which is never a good idea, but targeting cortisol via 7 oxo dhea. You might want to read what PA has to say about specific cortisol management.
    We do not look for the purpose of building muscle, but rather from the point of being able to function. There is a huge difference. I have been one both sides of the fence both as a national level bodybuilder now on the medical side.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.95%

doesnt cortisol help store fat and help break down muscle when you are doing more than 25 minutes of running or doing weights?

now when you are not doing such exercises, then it is okay to increase cortisol and it wont store fat and break down muscle?
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

Quote Originally Posted by x_danny_x View Post
    doesnt cortisol help store fat and help break down muscle when you are doing more than 25 minutes of running or doing weights?

now when you are not doing such exercises, then it is okay to increase cortisol and it wont store fat and break down muscle?
    Cortisol has to be in balance with other hormones other wise it can cause problems even in health people

People that are unhealthy (70%) of american population are more vulneralble to this fluctuations which can start a whole cascade of issue them selves.
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.66%

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    Matrix is right BBB. Coming from someone who has been working out for 35 years, we have been bombarded with misinformation about the evils of cortisol. Cortisol is necessary for the energy to workout and to prevent test from aromatizing in excess to estrogen. The enemy is excess cortisol, which healthy males really don't have to worry about.
    can you elaborate a bit more on this? I was always lead to believe, like everyone else I would imagine that higher cortisol lowers testosterone, now how exactly that takes place is a bit more of a mystery to me. But I haven't ever heard higher cortisol helping in control how much test turns into estrogen. Would just like to hear a bit more about how exactly that all works.

That's not a like a "wow, i've never heard of that, I think you're wrong" More of a "wow, I learned something new today, and would like to know more"
  20. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.76%

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    can you elaborate a bit more on this? I was always lead to believe, like everyone else I would imagine that higher cortisol lowers testosterone, now how exactly that takes place is a bit more of a mystery to me. But I haven't ever heard higher cortisol helping in control how much test turns into estrogen. Would just like to hear a bit more about how exactly that all works.

That's not a like a "wow, i've never heard of that, I think you're wrong" More of a "wow, I learned something new today, and would like to know more"
    The cortisol production line balances out testosterone. Without cortisol to balance test, estrogen raises in an attempt to balance test. This is an oversimplification.
    Cortisol helps regulate blood pressure, the immune system, blood sugar, and helps regulate the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. So lowering it alters the way your body uses the very nutrients a bodybuilder needs to be productive.
    The problem is excess cortisol. High cortisol is going to produce obvious symptoms such as high blood pressure and excess abdominal fat, easy bruising and slow wound healing to name a few.
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.58%

I tend to work one chain up by looking at cholesterol production or sythnesis to see if there is a blockage or stagnation at the top of the chain and work down
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.67%

So I guess my question is.....

When coming off of a cycle of PH/DS/AAS, do cortisol levels really shoot up like everyone says they do? Or is that just a bunch of broscience?

I imagine the degree to which it raises is dependent on the individual....still curious those if there is an "on average" approach to the aforementioned question
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.81%

Cheers
    scousman
    Are you taking any asthma or allergy prescription medications? Many cortico-steroids can inhibit your body's ability to make cortisol. I was taking Veramyst to help with inflammation in my nose and it killed my cortisol levels. I wasn't really complaining because I was getting stronger and leaner, but the other sides specific to Veramyst are why I stopped. If I'm not mistaken, albuterol can also lower cortisol.

Here's a thread re: abluterol and cortisol
    Albuterol & Cortisol

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pregnenolone
    By Hyde12 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
  2. Pregnenolone
    By rmac1 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
  3. Cortisol 4x saliva test results : Cortisol treatment required?
    By DanielS3368 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
  4. Pregnenolone
    By RugbyHooligan in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
  5. should i consider pregnenolone?
    By same_old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 11:44 AM