1. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

Axiron vs. Testim

Hey guys,

New here. Just wondering what you all thought about Axiron. Itís relatively new and from what my endocrinologist says, it should be coming out pretty soon and wants me to switch to it.

Iím currently on Testim x 2 tubes a day and Iím not sure if I should just stick to what I have or should I try this out and see what happens. The only thing that appeals to me is the application part and itís cheaper supposedly. I tried looking up some information on it but there really isnít that much out there.

The only drawback from what Iíve read is that since your applying in the underarm area there is less surface area compared to applying to the upper chest and arms and that you can only put on so much in an area to the point where your body is not able to absorb all of it.

What do you guys think about it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by infinitiifx View Post
    Hey guys,

New here. Just wondering what you all thought about Axiron. Itís relatively new and from what my endocrinologist says, it should be coming out pretty soon and wants me to switch to it.

Iím currently on Testim x 2 tubes a day and Iím not sure if I should just stick to what I have or should I try this out and see what happens. The only thing that appeals to me is the application part and itís cheaper supposedly. I tried looking up some information on it but there really isnít that much out there.

The only drawback from what Iíve read is that since your applying in the underarm area there is less surface area compared to applying to the upper chest and arms and that you can only put on so much in an area to the point where your body is not able to absorb all of it.

What do you guys think about it? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Try it retest in 2 weeks then go from there. If you get crappy test results go back to what works. 2 pack testim I be concerned about dht and other issues with that amount.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72%

Thanks for the reply! Initially, I started on Testim 1 tube daily back in January when in November of 2010 I had a total testosterone of 134. I didn't have a chance to start on testim till January 2011. A week after I had started on the Testim I had my testosterone measured again and it was at 209. My primary doctor thought I had primary hypogonadism but I later had an MRI done which showed normal.

Then at the end of February 2011 I went to see an endocrinologist and had my levels re-read which also included a check on my thyroid and prolactin levels. Results showed that my total testosterone was at 178. Thatís when I was increased to 2 tubes of Testim a day. Finally went again at the beginning of April 2011 and my total testosterone is now at 692.

My endocrinologist believes that I have tertiary hypogonadism since my LH and FSH levels were not elevated and thyroid levels were normal. What issues should I be worried in regards to DHT and the other issues you mentioned? What should I do/be taking?

Iím totally new to this and I have no idea where to start. I also asked to see if I could also get started on HCG injections as well since Iíve noticed testicular shrinkage as a result of being on testosterone for about 4 months now but he said the only reason he would do it was for fertility reasons. He seemed very hesitant to even provide it to me due to insurance. He also said it was very expensive. How expensive are we talking about?

Thank you for the valuable input, its greatly appreciated!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Handling alot of drs cases under the age of 30 I really question is get appropriate for these patients? When further exploration was commenced alot of them had factors that were causing low t as a symptom not as a cause. Drs are just to lazy to ask why and terterary is a fancy term for it's some thing else is causing the problem but I am too lazy to look. Normal is bs term because their is a great diversity in ranges and a patients symptoms. I was victim of it's in the range statement for years till I got smart and look to outside factors. Now as a medical consultant for drs who are stuck on cases I look for what may be out of balance even though it may still be in range. I use blood tests as a guide, but the final out come is the drs patient symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitiifx View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Initially, I started on Testim 1 tube daily back in January when in November of 2010 I had a total testosterone of 134. I didn't have a chance to start on testim till January 2011. A week after I had started on the Testim I had my testosterone measured again and it was at 209. My primary doctor thought I had primary hypogonadism but I later had an MRI done which showed normal.

Then at the end of February 2011 I went to see an endocrinologist and had my levels re-read which also included a check on my thyroid and prolactin levels. Results showed that my total testosterone was at 178. Thatís when I was increased to 2 tubes of Testim a day. Finally went again at the beginning of April 2011 and my total testosterone is now at 692.

My endocrinologist believes that I have tertiary hypogonadism since my LH and FSH levels were not elevated and thyroid levels were normal. What issues should I be worried in regards to DHT and the other issues you mentioned? What should I do/be taking?

Iím totally new to this and I have no idea where to start. I also asked to see if I could also get started on HCG injections as well since Iíve noticed testicular shrinkage as a result of being on testosterone for about 4 months now but he said the only reason he would do it was for fertility reasons. He seemed very hesitant to even provide it to me due to insurance. He also said it was very expensive. How expensive are we talking about?

Thank you for the valuable input, its greatly appreciated!
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%

I don't like the application site to the armpit. It may be a little safer in terms of spreading it to family members etc., but I don't know why they can't come up with something to apply to the scrotum like the old Testoderm patch. That would be safe to the innocent and convenient to the user. And the skin is so thin there that it is almost a guarantee that everyone would absorb it well. Not to mention the advantages of additional DHT.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Axiron
    By Damian13 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. testim?
    By Hatebreed930 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-20-2008, 09:14 AM
  3. Testim + ?
    By solid711 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0