Low T anxiety?? Or weak adrenals?

danielsirpoop

Awards
For those of you that had low testosterone anxiety, how long did it take for the symptoms of anxiety to go away. I have been on trt for a month with androgel @ 5 mg a day. The first thing that left me was the depression but i noticed an increase in energy after that. but also a slight increase in anxiety. im currently having early morning awakenings because of the anxiety and when i get up about an hour after i put on the androgel i start to feel great then it wears off after a few hours. Then the anxiety comes back. i previously did a couple of prohormone cycles and one real steroid cycle and never recovered my natural test levels. After several months of low t my doc put me on androgel. before i started the gel i tried to recover my natural levels in a very stupid way:

i chose to use Novatest Anti Aromitase and try a diet to shock my body into recovering... well i actually made betters gains then i did on cycle... i did the 21dayfastmass diet and constricted my calories to 1600 a day for 6 days and then transfered over to 3200 calories from the seventh day on. that morning i woke up on the 7th day i had a protien shake and about 1/2 cup of honey for the carbs to spike the insulin levels before the workout. i started feeling really weird as i drove to go workout i couldnt even finish the honey so i acutally had about 3/4 of that 1/2 cup. i had a pretty good workout then i went to work. i sat down at work and out of nowhere i had a panic attack for the first time in 4 years. for the next week or so i noticed my veins were the biggest they have ever been i started making great gains but the anxiety started to get worse. then i started having really bad depression. i delt with this for about 2 weeks straight back and forth between anxiety and depression with the sudden inability to cope. so i went ahead and started the androgel. i only had that one panic attack but many more have tried to come around but i resisted them.

since then i have started the trt the depression has left me but the anxiety only comes at night and in the mornings before i put on the gel. what do you guys think? i no i did some stupid stuff here but what can i do to fix it? do you think its weak adrenals or low t? the anxiety and depression only started when i had all that sugar...

had my cortisol checked on 3/11 at 12:53pm with
total 12.2 mcg/dl range (8-10am 4.6-20.6), (4-6pm 1.8-13.6)
free 0.27 mcg/dl range (8-10am 0.07-0.93) (4-6pm 0.04-0.45)

the cortisol was checked aproximately 2 weeks after i had the honey... any ideas?

Last edited:

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I think all that sugar and honey was a very stupid thing to do imo. I dont think anyone can help you besides a physician. These are things you need to talk to your doctor about. About your levels, there is no way of telling besides getting blood work done. I hope everything works out for you. People may reply with it could be this or it could be that, but no way of knowing for sure without a blood panel.

danielsirpoop

Awards
yea i know very stupid... but this diet called for 100 grams of dextrose to spike insulin levels before during and after workout to prevent a rise in cortisol... so i used a 100 grams of honey... i actually used 1/3 cup not 1/2 cup... just looked it up on calorieking.com... what blood panels would be recommended? both of my siblings suffer from anxiety and so did my father... im thinking it may be week adrenals passed on in the family?

also when i did my first steroid cycle i had anxiety for the duration of it... i used t400 @500mg a week doing it every 3 days... the cycle lasted for 6 weeks and when i stopped i had about 4-5 months of feeling amazing, the best i have ever felt in my life but then i crashed when i started the diet explained above.

im thinking the steroid cycle after a while caused my adrenals to function properly and also boosted my t levels (which i think have really always been low) but then crashed after so long with low t? any thoughts?

Last edited:

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Have you checked your estrogen levels with a blood test? I know of many men who get anxiety attacks when their estrogen is too high.
A protein shake made from whey will spike insulin levels without the additional carbs. Some people can handle the extra carbs and some can't.
Also, going hypo from low blood sugar causes symptoms very similar to an anxiety attack. Do you know for sure it is anxiety or is it possible you are going hypoglycemic?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Basically from your pour lifestyle choices you made a huge metabolic mess that is going to take a while to rebalance. Check adrenal saliva test 24 hours, need to get proper blood work done on thyroid and sex hormones vltamin d 25 oh and other normal parameters. Once these test come in then u know where u truly stand other wise it's just speculation

danielsirpoop

Awards
here are my labs from before the incident and after:
12/2/2010 tsh 3.13 range 0.34-5.60
1/11/2010 tsh 1.6
started the diet on feb 15th... incident happened on feb 22nd
started with the panic attack... then noticed an inability to cope with stress... and back and forth between anxiety and depression. i figured it would just pass in a few days but after 2 weeks of it i went to the doctor and heres where the rest of the labs are:
3/11/2010 tsh 0.97...cortisol labs posted in initial post
3/30/2011 tsh 1.46....free t4 1.25
my sodium was low when this all started but i dont have a copy of those labs but ill get one on monday

estradiol ultrasensitive 3 pg/ml range < or =29 LOW?

3/30/2011 not fasting:
sodium 139 range 135-145
potassium 4.3 3.5-5.0
chloride 102 98-108
carbon dioxide 31 21-31
glucose 138 70-105 high
bun 22 7-24
creatinine 1.07 0.6-1.2
calcium 9.4 8.4-10.2
t bilirubin 1.17 0.20-1.3
t protein 7.5 6-8
albumin 4.7 3.5-5
ast 22 10-42
alt 21 10-55
alkaline phosphatase 64 38-124

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
here are my labs from before the incident and after:
12/2/2010 tsh 3.13 range 0.34-5.60
1/11/2010 tsh 1.6
started the diet on feb 15th... incident happened on feb 22nd
started with the panic attack... then noticed an inability to cope with stress... and back and forth between anxiety and depression. i figured it would just pass in a few days but after 2 weeks of it i went to the doctor and heres where the rest of the labs are:
3/11/2010 tsh 0.97...cortisol labs posted in initial post
3/30/2011 tsh 1.46....free t4 1.25
my sodium was low when this all started but i dont have a copy of those labs but ill get one on monday

estradiol ultrasensitive 3 pg/ml range < or =29 LOW?

3/30/2011 not fasting:
sodium 139 range 135-145
potassium 4.3 3.5-5.0
chloride 102 98-108
carbon dioxide 31 21-31
glucose 138 70-105 high
bun 22 7-24
creatinine 1.07 0.6-1.2
calcium 9.4 8.4-10.2
t bilirubin 1.17 0.20-1.3
t protein 7.5 6-8
albumin 4.7 3.5-5
ast 22 10-42
alt 21 10-55
alkaline phosphatase 64 38-124
i have gone through this on a person levels years ago where it almost took my life. Now I help people get their body back to balance by looking at simple factors the drs forgot to look which resulted in my losing 7 years of my life due to their incompetency. I know what you are going through and it can be corrected, but it will take time and knowing what steps to take in order to get their the quickest and the safest. Now we just have to stop the cascade before the frieght train keeps rolling resulting in putting you in a heap of trouble.

danielsirpoop

Awards
Update on current status:

Getting much better as days go by. Anxiety is now usually only first hours of the morning. I have been supplementing with 1000mg vitaman c (emergenC), b vitamin complex, and a multivitamin in the mornings and late afternoon and i can tell it has a great effect on lowering my anxiety. Veins are still crazy dilated. found out that my blood sugar is going to high after high glycemic index foods. changed diet to low glycemic index foods and fatigue is gone unless i eat something sweet. blood sugar was 200 4 hours after a sweet tea about a week ago, and was high today (200) after 4 Krystals and a root beer.(had to test it out to make sure). discovered possible insulin resistance with possible high cortisol. im thinking about doing a saliva test for cortisol but need to spend as little money as possible to have it done. any ideas on the cheapest saliva cortisol/dhea test? ive been doing 15 minutes of cardio a day to help with the insulin resisitance. ability to handle stress has greatly improved but the anxiety makes it hard sometimes. i switched from androgel to injection last week and i felt awesome for the next 24 hours then back to the mood swings. alcohol now gives me heart palpitations for about an hour or so after drinking even 1-2 drinks. i presume thats because of the blood sugar rise and drop after. any thoughts? any ideas as to what could be the root problem? im thinking maybe higher than normal cortisol levels because of the morning anxiety. blood sugar is normal in the morning at 85. im almost positive that its an adrenal issue. what do you think?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Update on current status:

Getting much better as days go by. Anxiety is now usually only first hours of the morning. I have been supplementing with 1000mg vitaman c (emergenC), b vitamin complex, and a multivitamin in the mornings and late afternoon and i can tell it has a great effect on lowering my anxiety. Veins are still crazy dilated. found out that my blood sugar is going to high after high glycemic index foods. changed diet to low glycemic index foods and fatigue is gone unless i eat something sweet. blood sugar was 200 4 hours after a sweet tea about a week ago, and was high today (200) after 4 Krystals and a root beer.(had to test it out to make sure). discovered possible insulin resistance with possible high cortisol. im thinking about doing a saliva test for cortisol but need to spend as little money as possible to have it done. any ideas on the cheapest saliva cortisol/dhea test? ive been doing 15 minutes of cardio a day to help with the insulin resisitance. ability to handle stress has greatly improved but the anxiety makes it hard sometimes. i switched from androgel to injection last week and i felt awesome for the next 24 hours then back to the mood swings. alcohol now gives me heart palpitations for about an hour or so after drinking even 1-2 drinks. i presume thats because of the blood sugar rise and drop after. any thoughts? any ideas as to what could be the root problem? im thinking maybe higher than normal cortisol levels because of the morning anxiety. blood sugar is normal in the morning at 85. im almost positive that its an adrenal issue. what do you think?
cut crystral lite as this can induce insulin resistance in few people I have came across. Cutting this will make the biggest impact on your health. Trust me I had asparatame poisoniong from protein powder back in the day and it was not pleasant. I almost burned the house down twice due to forgetfullness.

danielsirpoop

Awards
cut crystral lite as this can induce insulin resistance in few people I have came across. Cutting this will make the biggest impact on your health. Trust me I had asparatame poisoniong from protein powder back in the day and it was not pleasant. I almost burned the house down twice due to forgetfullness.
i was drinking crystal lite just before this nightmare began. i have since stopped drinking it but since i have learned about my blood sugar problem. i now have been using splenda for my "sweet tooth". do you think this could be causing the insulin resistance too?

codered5

Awards
i was drinking crystal lite just before this nightmare began. i have since stopped drinking it but since i have learned about my blood sugar problem. i now have been using splenda for my "sweet tooth". do you think this could be causing the insulin resistance too?

I think Matrix will chime back in for you, but IMO, stay away form artificial sweeteners....I have been F&CK$@ up from those as well....anxiety, depression, insomnia, even panic attacks.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Splenda is laundry detergent attached to a dextrose molecole.

Truvia is better I use it in all my clients, never had a compliant :)
13 bucks whole sale at sams, costos, big last you 2 months

I love it

When doing a total health evaluation I look for factors dr's have no clue about main one being toxicity, especailly when I run intra cellular testing that is where I really see the reprocussions

When I was doing alot of asparatame in protein drinks, II would remember almost passing out at work from the insulin response being all over the place. It was horrible, but I learned my lesson and pass this information on to other people. I love working with people with CFS, get into their lifestyle, and BINGO clean up their eating habits, toxins, infections, and other imnbalances, Violia instant relief. Thats why I just laugh when all these people are doing TRT and still having issues when I ask simple questions they are puzzled. YOu just have to ask the right ones. They always tend to leave out the most crucial information.

"I am on HRT feel like crap and I do not know what do please help" This is a common response
So do you smoke - yes
how may cigrettes a day - a pack
Do you drink - yes
how often? -weekends
how much -2 six packs at a time

then you ask your self why you have estrogen issues .....and need an AI ...People are just not honest with themselves. This happens in vast majority of the cases.

danielsirpoop

Awards
Splenda is laundry detergent attached to a dextrose molecole.

Truvia is better I use it in all my clients, never had a compliant :)
13 bucks whole sale at sams, costos, big last you 2 months

I love it

When doing a total health evaluation I look for factors dr's have no clue about main one being toxicity, especailly when I run intra cellular testing that is where I really see the reprocussions

When I was doing alot of asparatame in protein drinks, II would remember almost passing out at work from the insulin response being all over the place. It was horrible, but I learned my lesson and pass this information on to other people. I love working with people with CFS, get into their lifestyle, and BINGO clean up their eating habits, toxins, infections, and other imnbalances, Violia instant relief. Thats why I just laugh when all these people are doing TRT and still having issues when I ask simple questions they are puzzled. YOu just have to ask the right ones. They always tend to leave out the most crucial information.

"I am on HRT feel like crap and I do not know what do please help" This is a common response
So do you smoke - yes
how may cigrettes a day - a pack
Do you drink - yes
how often? -weekends
how much -2 six packs at a time

then you ask your self why you have estrogen issues .....and need an AI ...People are just not honest with themselves. This happens in vast majority of the cases.
yea im completely blown away with how fast i started feeling better when i started changing lifestyle choices. i drink alot less now and i can tell a huge differance. i completely cut out nicotine and i feel beter from that although it was hell for a while. i stopped high glycemic index foods and almost completly cut out sugar. i noticed an increase in energy the first few days then after a few more days more energy. im not quite back to normal just yet but in a few months i expect to be better than i was before the whole mess. it took a few days for my body to begin stabilizing glocose levels and get used to them at the better levels but i can definatly notice a huge differance. daily mild cardio of about 15 mins seemed to help alot too. but if i drink anything sweet or eat a high glycemic index food im wrecked for the rest of the day if not the next day too. i guess i learned a great lesson to not take your body for granted. i did all this to try to "shock" my body into producing more testoterone but ended up inducing diabetic symptoms. I guess the body is not as resiliant as i thought. BTW why do you think my veins are crazy dilated? they became dilated about a week or 2 before i started having the inability to cope? i think its stress related. high insulin or cortisol maybe? i would think its high insulin levels.

danielsirpoop

Awards
UPDATE:i noticed over the last several weeks my joints have been aching real bad and getting worse. i noticed my veins stopped being dilated about a week ago and the anxiety seems to have left. my blood sugar seems to be easier to control not getting above 135 even after some sweets in moderation. not fatigued anymore. so i went to the docter the other day because i was having severe joint pain and it was causing muscle spasms in my neck and back causing a migraine and making me vomit twice. he prescribed me a good muscle relaxer, hydrocodone, and prednisolone. i started taking the predinisolone yesterday morning and my veins became crazy dilated again. morning anxiety returned. blood sugar is seeming harder to control.
im thinking that i had high cortisol from the overtraining while back and now my adrenals slow down on the production causing a dip down to the low cortisol range making my joints achy. what do you think?