stuck in another country with no test/meds

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, to make a long story short, I got stuck abroad for over a week, when I had only meant to be there for 1 day. I had no meds with me, other than a weeks worth of hydrocortisone. I was taking 30mg test prop everyday plus HCG at 400iu twice per week, for TRT, prior to leaving. I was also taking DAA for about a month prior.

My last shots were the morning I departed internationally, expecting to be flying back the next day and start shots again. Well due to some extraneous mixup with documents, I was held up for a week with nothing other than some HC and T4 from a friend.

Now this is what I don't understand, and maybe people here can shed their opinion or thoughts? My libido stayed very strong through this whole time. Constant morning wood and nocturnal wood, and not just semi, but enough to wake me. I still craved sex 2-3 times per day. Everything seemed to function fine. This doesn't make sense because I was on test prop prior. I thought my levels would have plummeted very quickly. Was it that my nuts were just working on their own and keeping me this way? My last shot of HCG was the day I departed.

Very confused... Now I'm wondering if I should try HCG mono again or something. I can't understand how I functioned fine without any test.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone have input on why I didn't feel shutdown almost immediately or at all in this time? I know what it's like to feel shutdown, and didn't feel this at all...

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
You are not stressing and do you really need hc in the first place ?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Was a pretty stressful time. But yeah, a definite yay on the HC. Huge lifesaver. I've tried isocort + licorice root extract and it's not enough. Now I average 20-30mg HC, but I was only taking about 15mg ed on the trip. Wasn't really enough.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
what up gutter

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey, I'm back in NY now. Got back Monday. Bad trip though. I guess it teaches me to plan for the worst when travelling.

cumkwakka

Awards
  • Established
good you had no crash

probably best to load up on test as you abroad, i am going to us and a for two weeks and i'll take a nice shot of 250 mg instead of the 125 mg i usually take weekly

thyroid pig hormones can be stopped as well since the t4 has a long half life and woulnd't be that much of a disaster, although not preferable.. you could restart the thyroid dose again in a low dose when you return

HC is a different story, although dr john says 20 mg wouldn't suppress so theoretically you wouldn't die if you quit this physiological dose instantly although it will hurt your energy

consider yourself lucky and get back on track ;)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah typically in the past I've been on creams and brought it with me. This time I didn't want to risk the pins, etc, since I was going back to update a visa and was flying back the next day. I didn't want to risk anything getting in the way of the updated visa.

I was on T3 mono before the trip, 30mcg per day. This has me at top range for free T3. TSH at 0.9 and reverse T3 is now low so I want to switch back to armour or similar glandular. I started taking 60mcg of T4 once I ran out of T3, my friend takes T4 and had a supply.

I still took 10mg of HC each morning and 5mg split through the day in 2 doses. Was OK. but still had to take an afternoon nap here n there.

I dunno, maybe I was running on adrenaline a lot of the time there since there was so much stress. Never felt the crash. Maybe the extra dopamine had my libido running extra high. When I'm under a lot of stress, I tend to get horny? Doesn't make sense but that's how it's been in the past. Probably a dopamine thing.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Licorice root extract works similarly to an adrenal hormone which already exists in our body - aldosterone. It extends the life of cortisone in your body, and alters the electrolyte balance in a positive way.

It's the safer supplement which is used in place of florinef. I don't take either anymore though.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
Licorice root extract works similarly to an adrenal hormone which already exists in our body - aldosterone. It extends the life of cortisone in your body, and alters the electrolyte balance in a positive way.

It's the safer supplement which is used in place of florinef. I don't take either anymore though.
You are right of course, but at what cost? It would suck for someone to be using this for adrenal function and end up with gyno and he has no idea why.

This is just one of many referances I was able to find

http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook/herbs_licorice.html
Licorice works as a stimulant on the adrenal glands, and contains glycosides which can chemically purge excess fluid from the lungs, throat, and body, which makes it very useful for coughs and chest complaints. It works as a laxative, helps in inflammation of the intestinal tract, relieves ulcer conditions, and has stimulating action to counteract stress. Licorice root is a source of estrogen, and therefore useful for the female system.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure. It didn't cause a need for me to increase my dose of AI, and I am very estrogen sensitive. I get itchy nips at any sudden increase. I surely don't think it will cause such a large increase that it will cause gyno, and I am sure it's benefits outweight it's negatives. I have read reports from many men who use it without reporting of ill-effects due to estrogen-related sides.

The main reason I stopped taking licorice extract or florinef, is due to blood pressure. I also don't want to shut down my adrenals. I probably need some in my protocol though.

My adrenals were/are in worse shape than any other part of my system. High stress life, high stress job, and I'm just a high stress prone person due to what I do and how I live / where I live. I also don't sleep much again due to what I do, where I live, and how I live. Things that are very hard to change.

My DHEA is still very low, it's below normal. That's something I definitely need to get back on, but I don't want to take it orally again. I'm looking for a good DHEA cream that's high-strength, but non-prescription, and without additives. My previous DHEA cream that I was taking has saw palmetto in it and I want nothing to do with anything that lowers DHT. I've also read that DHEA really helps bloodflow, it could possibly then help with blood pressure + wood I'm thinking.