Overtraining and my thyroid level

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if i was and think i am (getting ready to take week off) overtraining that it would of dropped my thyroid level?i know it drops t-levels which i have i very low level of.My next ? is when i do take this week off no weights or cardio should i eat maint. calories or drop them 2 2000cal with cutting out carbs and mainly eating protein and healthy fats to help out my t-level?Im eating 2400cal now with a 3400cal day once a week but im lifting 7days a week and was doing 7 days of diff cardio med-low,hiit cardio was done in morning fasted.My diet im on now i take in only 140g of carbs but high protein and low fat.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Should never eat same calories all the time body becomes stagnant as does thyroid
cortisol can affect cellular thyroid function. I never count calories with patients I go by how their body responds then numbers. Having over 20 years experience comes in handy :)

tubbednova

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, i have to count cals or i eat 6000cal in a day.Just trying to figure this thing out i know when i ate a diet with a good amount of fats from nuts (walnuts,pumpkin seeds)and ate spinach and kyle all fresh veggies and oats and some dairy(1-2%yogurt milk,cottage cheese)and had apples and bluberries i was doing pretty good thats what im going to go back on after time off.