Should I get a new doctor???

4evathrowed

Awards
Well I recently switched doctors and I went to my doctor tellin him that I have lack of energy I never really had a sex drive lack off erections and brain fog.So he took blood for my esr,westergreen,tsh and cbc diff-plt and I also told him my total testosterone is to low for my age at 428 ng/dl and he said no it's not you have a beard.And that 428 ng/dl is enough for a young man and wouldn't cause the problems i'm having.But he said he would take the blood for a total testosterone and free test.So I went back the next morning for the blood test and the lady said he was only doing my esr,westergren,tsh and cbc diff-plt.And I said but he told me he would do the free and total testosterone test too.So she went to ask him if it was okay and he said no.So he basically lied to me.So I went back for the results and he said everything was ok for the other test.And he said it should be no reason for a other wise healthy 20 year old to be feelin like this.And that I might be depressed so he set me up with a therapist.And I said I don't have morning wood and he said when you masturbate can you get a erection and ejaculate and I said yea then he said ok I can't help you then.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
When he said no you should have walked out. You may want to ask matrix about this...

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Just so I understand - you're 20 years old and looking for test help?

Very interesting . . .

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Just so I understand - you're 20 years old and looking for test help?

Very interesting . . .
One would need to look at the potential causes and factors going into your case. I have dealt with young guys where there T levels are good and they still suffer from symptoms despite normal levels. Your dr is not up to date on proper evaluation for chronic fatigue, depression and other typical symptoms. You really need to find a dr that will look at other factors that may be binding your testosterone or making it not work to its full potential. I would also need to examine your lifestyle, training and nutritional patterns, as well as a laundry list of other issues.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely find a new doctor. There has to be a level of mutual respect that clearly isn't there. That being said, you might not always see eye-to-eye with the doc, but you shouldn't be lied to and you should also be able to have something like that at least tested (at least the first time).

Also, I love the response "No it's not, you have a beard." :lol:

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
New doctor!!!!! Matrix is right, there is always a cause and effect. Treat the cause. Having said that, there are still doctors out there like the one I just left behind that are either TOO conservative or just not very knowledgable.

Personally, I would look for a doctor that wants to keep your T-level at the highest possible level as long as it's safe, and hematocrit, BP, and Prostate are all good.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Need a good referral be glad to give you one as I have contacts all around the united states that are only the best.

4evathrowed

Awards
Need a good referral be glad to give you one as I have contacts all around the united states that are only the best.
That sounds nice maybe you could help me out with that get at me.My testosterone isn't low it's in the middle range which indicates normalcy at 428 ng/dl.I do not know of any reliable source that says a 20 year old should have a very high testosterone level.Plus I put on 20 some pounds and I am a couch potatoe but I do eat 3 times a day.And take a solotron multivitamin way healthier than I was my teen years only eating 1 or 2 times a day and only gettin 3 hours a sleep a night from 16-19 years old.Due to becoming some what of a hermit and neglecting myself due to major depression and some personal issues in my life.And also being neglected but that's another story.But I would like to get my free level tested.I'm going to switch doctors cause he was to rude and a liar at that.

4evathrowed

Awards
I have a appointment for a physical with a new doctor what blood test do I ask for I have no clue or should I just get my free and total measured.I already had my comp met panel taken.Also my cbc includes diff-plt my esr westergreen and my tsh 3rd generation were normal.Doctor said I was healthy and that my problems are caused by depression I did have some horrific stressful times in my life and neglected my health.Do you think those things could've lowered my Testosterone listed above this post.