Why do people exaggerate about testosterone levels??

4evathrowed

Awards
They make it seem like if you don't have a T-Level of 800 ng/dl that you are a walking corpse.And I hear dudes at 500 ng/dl bitching about their T-Level saying it's to low.People are getting to caught up in this range bull**** knowing everybody is different and has different T-Levels.Some men are raging bears sweating T.And others are in normal range I think when some people hear there T-Levels are in the mid-normal range 400-600 ng/dl they actually start believing that they have a T deficiency and their mind start playing tricks on them (Ignorance Is Bliss).You have to know that every man doesn't have a high sex drive or can build muscle fast.Some men have to really bust their ass to see results and isn't that beauty of building your body.Knowing that your hardwork and dedication paid off.Some men have these problems and think their T-Level is to blame.Instead of making lifestyle changes such as eating right,exercising,getting plenty of sun and fresh air and sleeping right.So if your T-Level is in the normal 400-600 range and your feeling off maybe some lifestyle and psychological changes are in order.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
They make it seem like if you don't have a T-Level of 800 ng/dl that you are a walking corpse.And I hear dudes at 500 ng/dl bitching about their T-Level saying it's to low.People are getting to caught up in this range bull**** knowing everybody is different and has different T-Levels.Some men are raging bears sweating T.And others are in normal range I think when some people hear there T-Levels are in the mid-normal range 400-600 ng/dl they actually start believing that they have a T deficiency and their mind start playing tricks on them (Ignorance Is Bliss).You have to know that every man doesn't have a high sex drive or can build muscle fast.Some men have to really bust their ass to see results and isn't that beauty of building your body.Knowing that your hardwork and dedication paid off.Some men have these problems and think their T-Level is to blame.Instead of making lifestyle changes such as eating right,exercising,getting plenty of sun and fresh air and sleeping right.So if your T-Level is in the normal 400-600 range and your feeling off maybe some lifestyle and psychological changes are in order.
When dealing with clients/patients I have seen peoples in total test of 450 and feel fine provided other factors such as thyroid, adrenals,shbg, e2, gh levels are in healthy levels. When any one of these factors are out of balance then a person even at 600-1000 ng/dl can have symptoms of low testosterone. In that case you need to look at the pathogenesis of the problem and treat it according. If all the other factors are in check then one needs to look at lifestyle, sleep hygiene, environmental, psychological, or emotional ,hidden infections, liver pathways blockage, GI imbalances to rule out any lingering issues. HRT can only go so far in resolving issues.

codered5

Awards
A lot of the symptoms are very subtle and you may not think about them until you found you had lower end T....for instance, only wanting to have sex once a week, without knowing anything about T, you would just say "thats just me"...or after a hard lift, maybe you are sore for 2 days instead of 1....then when you find out your T is 400, that makes sense. I think in some cases, your comments may be right, but overall I think you are just being insensitive...and this is from someone who DID feel like a walking corpse with a total T of 360....when you struggle with something like that and then recover, you realize that higher T levels make you think completely differently as well.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
What?? Sorry I don't get get your question. As you noted, everyone IS different. If raising your T level makes you feel better, whether a mental or true physical change; do be it. If raising it does nothing, then so be it. Stick where you're at.

Did you just start a Tren cycle? You're bitching about nothing.....,

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What?? Sorry I don't get get your question. As you noted, everyone IS different. If raising your T level makes you feel better, whether a mental or true physical change; do be it. If raising it does nothing, then so be it. Stick where you're at.

Did you just start a Tren cycle? You're bitching about nothing.....,
My total test was 350 shbg was 15 e2 15 and was benching 315 for twelve, 210 at 6% bf and could bang a chick 5 time a day easily. This was off testosterone for 7 years..Most top athletes are 350-600 on average..When other factors are in check TT would make little difference.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
What does this have to do with some person lying about their test level?

bigshoulders

Awards
Well I see where the opening poster is getting at, but I will analogize it to a man who is 5'8. 5'8 is a perfectly normal and aa common height albeit below average.
However, that doesn't mean in some case that the person is going to be happy about it and wish they could change it. With testosterone its the same, but the difference is there is a lot of hope of raising testosterone (unlike height) and being the high testosterone guy, not the low test (but perfectly normal) guy.
Having high testosterone is great advantage in life, so why wouldn't anyone want it when they can get it?
Your post is useful, because it might help those who have low-normals levels see that being healthy fit and happy overall is most important without thinking that are ill because they have below average levels.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
a single number is instant gratification. a few years ago i tested at total of 412, i was disappointed, but i felt fine, my gains in the gym were slower than i would have liked but my life felt balanced and i felt great. my doctor didnt make a big deal about it and i dont buy into all the commercials trying to sell medications and treatments. fast forward to now, and a few months back i get a tested 412, this time though i am more concerned, not because the actual number but because i am tired and have low energy, low sex drive, poor recovery and for the first time in my life i have memory problems. i re test at 319. thing is that one number doesnt tell the whole story.

people get caught up in quantities when they should look at quality, but its no surprise it is this way, look at the rest of the way we live in the US. its not if you are happy with what you have, its hammered into you to want more. the new house is not enough, it has to be a new BIG house, with brand new furniture, and the 32 inch lcd is not enough it has to be a 55 inch 3d led, and so on. people get caught up and lose sight of the big picture. if everything is in balance you can look and feel great with lower testosterone levels, its all a matter of balance inside you and outside you. getting caught up on fixing one little part of a complex system just makes it all worse...