Pure T Drops as Part of TRT Regimen

JamieVegas

Awards
As part of a TRT regimen (mainly Clomid/hCG,) I was prescribed testosterone "drops." The base is unknown. The vial is labeled:

Testosterone 25mg/ml PG Drops

I assume this means 25mg of testosterone dissolved in propylene glycol. The instructions from the doctor were to take 2-3 drops under the tongue in the morning and also to apply 2-3 drops to the head of the penis later in the day.

Has anyone ever heard of such a preparation being used in TRT? Is there any way that this could be beneficial to mood/libido/etc?

The taste is unbearable. It tastes like rubbing alcohol. This leads me to believe that there is more than "PG" in this vial!

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've heard of sublingual testosterone, but I don't know the efficacy compared to other methods.

JamieVegas

Awards
I've heard of it as cheque drops and I've heard of lozenges. I've also heard of Straint, which adheres to your gums.

I've never heard of pure T in liquid, though.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of it as cheque drops and I've heard of lozenges. I've also heard of Straint, which adheres to your gums.

I've never heard of pure T in liquid, though.
Shippen uses drops to give a quick boost before sex or a person's work out.

JamieVegas

Awards
Shippen uses drops to give a quick boost before sex or a person's work out.
These are Shippen's. They taste like gasoline. I'd really like to know what goes in them.

Does application on the skin have a similar effect to oral, or will it "buffer" and release slowly like Androgel?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
These are Shippen's. They taste like gasoline. I'd really like to know what goes in them.

Does application on the skin have a similar effect to oral, or will it "buffer" and release slowly like Androgel?
I think they are supposed to be applied on the skin not oral. you better check !! My freind had them and put on my tongue and nearly gagged. Its oily as all hell making me wonder if they are suppose to be rubbed on skin not taking orally. I took 10 drops never again..

JamieVegas

Awards
I think they are supposed to be applied on the skin not oral. you better check !! My freind had them and put on my tongue and nearly gagged. Its oily as all hell making me wonder if they are suppose to be rubbed on skin not taking orally. I took 10 drops never again..
I think you are right about the formulation being specificially geared towards transdermal application.

I'm positive he told me to use it orally. He administered them under my tongue, himself, right at the office.

I'm going to call his compounding pharmacy tomorrow and ask what "PG drops" means and for a list of ingredients.

My most pressing question, in the meantime, is: is this basically the same as Androgel? Will the T drops absorb faster than Androgel... or will they just absorb less, since they are concentrated to a small area?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I think you are right about the formulation being specificially geared towards transdermal application.

I'm positive he told me to use it orally. He administered them under my tongue, himself, right at the office.

I'm going to call his compounding pharmacy tomorrow and ask what "PG drops" means and for a list of ingredients.

My most pressing question, in the meantime, is: is this basically the same as Androgel? Will the T drops absorb faster than Androgel... or will they just absorb less, since they are concentrated to a small area?
More like cheque drops back in the day or methyltestosterone taking before a powerlifting competion or wrestlers took them before a meet. Patient had the same thing and it was an oil which he rubbed on his skin..

JamieVegas

Awards
More like cheque drops back in the day or methyltestosterone taking before a powerlifting competion or wrestlers took them before a meet. Patient had the same thing and it was an oil which he rubbed on his skin..
Was a dose of the oil supposed to last the patient for the day? Or was it just for "boosts?"

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Was a dose of the oil supposed to last the patient for the day? Or was it just for "boosts?"
I went with him to shippens office to see how he operates. He was a jolly old guy that reminded me of the sopranos. He had a great sense of humor and patient interaction. He said to take the drops either before working out or if you needed a boost before sex. So to answer your question it for a quick post.

JamieVegas

Awards
I went with him to shippens office to see how he operates. He was a jolly old guy that reminded me of the sopranos. He had a great sense of humor and patient interaction. He said to take the drops either before working out or if you needed a boost before sex. So to answer your question it for a quick post.
Pharmacist said it is just PG. Weird that it tastes so awful.

I'm going to use it in place of Androgel. Less DHT conversion because the application only hits the wrist.

I think the DHT->libido connection is relatively weak. None of us low-libido folk that I know of have been assisted by Proviron or applying gel to the testes for maximum DHT conversion.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Pharpacist said it is just PG. Weird that it tastes so awful.

I'm going to use it in place of Androgel. Less DHT conversion because the application only hits the wrist.

I think the DHT->libido connection is relatively weak. None of us have low-libido folk have been assisted by Proviron or applying gel to the testes for maximum DHT conversion.
GEtting dhea up can help libido as i have seen this in clincal setting. One patient had low dhea and I put him on 25 mgs possible. He told me that he did not think he could be any more hornier then the TRT made him. His GF went from complainng of not having sex to complaning of too much sex LOL

JamieVegas

Awards
GEtting dhea up can help libido as i have seen this in clincal setting. One patient had low dhea and I put him on 25 mgs possible. He told me that he did not think he could be any more hornier then the TRT made him. His GF went from complainng of not having sex to complaning of too much sex LOL
That's kinda crazy. Thing is, I have elevated DHEA. Or, above the normal lab range at least. It's bizarre.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
That's kinda crazy. Thing is, I have elevated DHEA. Or, above the normal lab range at least. It's bizarre.
You are not metabolism it properly and may have low cortisol why it is building up. High dhea in serum can be from low T or certain types of medicines, insulin resistance, altered response to stress.